• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I like your joie de vivre, RM.

HTLRY.gif

Alucard

Banned
'Nite, folks!

Let's go Pens. 4 of 5 on the road to start the season. Sheeeeeit. Flyers and Rangers back-to-back on Saturday and Sunday. Double sheeeeeit.

Red_Man

Habs first 8 of 11 are at home I believe, if they blow that they won't make the playoffs.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
do we have any recommendations for those without cable who wish to stream games online? Are we allowed to discuss that?

I refuse to pay for Time Warner Cable, Gamecenter will black out all the Islanders games in NY, so I need another option. Preferably one that doesn't make me download their weird video playing software. Any advice?

6 days :D

6 DAYS! :D :D :D

Oh god please let my Gamecenter account still work...

do we have any recommendations for those without cable who wish to stream games online? Are we allowed to discuss that?

I refuse to pay for Time Warner Cable, Gamecenter will black out all the Islanders games in NY, so I need another option. Preferably one that doesn't make me download their weird video playing software. Any advice?

Frontrowsports *shrugs*

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
I'm tempted to post my fantasy team to annoy Dastardly. :p

Is anyone else still waiting on their local station to post the TV schedule?

Red_Man

Is there any word on the gamecenter app for xbl coming out for the start of the season? I'd rather pay for that then get cable.

Is there any word on the gamecenter app for xbl coming out for the start of the season? I'd rather pay for that then get cable.

There was a screencap on Reddits /r/hockey (the only redeeming thing about that goddamn hellhole of misogynistic, racist, whiteboy, fedora-wearing friendzoned mens right activists) that showed a support chat with an Xbox support staff person. They asked their manager, came back 10 minutes later after excusing themselves and confirmed it was coming.

... and that's the closest thing to an official word I've heard about it.

Oh god I just remembered I'm going to have to put up with hearing the US anthem soon...

I'm sorry my dear American friends... It's just that every single diva that sings it at an NHL game puts so much emphasis on the end of each line.

It's fucking torture.

And it kinda doesn't make sense either... So the ramparts got attacked but your flag is still standing and... What am I taking away from this exactly? That you survive wars? Because Vietnam called and... oooohhh boy... she's wagging her finger pretty abruptly.

Yeah but you're not exactly GIRT BY SEA are you? (Part of the Australian national anthem which still does my head in... what the fuck does GIRT mean and if it means what I think it does then isn't EVERY COUNTRY GIRT BY SEA BY DEFAULT?)

Anyway...

Gamecenter is $49.99 this year. NHL reps are advising customers and saying it'll be announced officially today. That's $30 discounted from last season. Fair price imo.

0hvSB.png

Red_Man

That's not bad for 48 games. Still not free, but decent enough, and if they can get the xbox app working it'll be perfect. Fuck cable and their highway robbery.

And it kinda doesn't make sense either... So the ramparts got attacked but your flag is still standing and... What am I taking away from this exactly? That you survive wars? Because Vietnam called and... oooohhh boy... she's wagging her finger pretty abruptly.

It was made during the War of 1812 just after the Brits sacked DC and were moving up the Chesapeake bay. This fort, fort McHenrey, was being bombarded by the Royal Navy and Francis Scott Key watched the battle. The battle was during a storm so the fort was flying a small "storm flag". As night fell he couldn't tell who won, or was winning. When the sun rose the next morning he saw a larger American flag flying above the fort signaling the US victory. Then Key proceeds to write a poem, which is later put to music, and in 1931 is made the national anthem.

In short. US spirit prevails in the face of certain defeat.

On topic-Cats practice lines

Flash-Weiss-Versteeg
Huberdeau -Mueller-Kovalev
Upshall-Matthias-Kopecky
Skille-Smithson-Parros
Wright-Santorelli-Svatos
Howden-Shore-Rheault

Kuba-Campbell;
Petrovic-Caruso
Weaver-Ellerby
Jovo-Strachan

That's not bad for 48 games. Still not free, but decent enough, and if they can get the xbox app working it'll be perfect. Fuck cable and their highway robbery.

What about blackout restrictions, man? Or are you using a proxy?

It's definitely a fair price. Not the 'incentive' I was looking for, but fair enough.

In short. US spirit prevails in the face of certain defeat.

Seriously, thank you for that. I had absolutely no idea what the context of the US anthem was (obviously), and hadn't even heard it that much until I started watching NHL games. It always confused me. Thanks for the info.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah but you're not exactly GIRT BY SEA are you? (Part of the Australian national anthem which still does my head in... what the fuck does GIRT mean and if it means what I think it does then isn't EVERY COUNTRY GIRT BY SEA BY DEFAULT?)

Anyway...

Gamecenter is $49.99 this year. NHL reps are advising customers and saying it'll be announced officially today. That's $30 discounted from last season. Fair price imo.

0hvSB.png

If the Xbox Live app comes out I will probably skip Center Ice and just get Gamecenter.

Red_Man

What about blackout restrictions, man? Or are you using a proxy?

It's definitely a fair price. Not the 'incentive' I was looking for, but fair enough.
I'll figure a way around it, plus CBC streams all their HNIC in HD on their sites.

Don Cherry Twitter said:
I've had gold fish all my life. I have them down in my basement beside the tv. They've always been fancy gold fish which I've always liked.
U9XSQ.gif

Red_Man

GOOD LUCK SOLDIER

Always thought it would be strange for any native English speakers to watch RDS and how they got around it...
When I had center ice last year I watched about 10-15 games in french on RDS. The only thing I learned is "Et le buuuutttt " is "scorrreeesss" in french basically. Wasn't that bad, it made me want to learn french though.

Dastardly Jerks said:
Imagine the face of Don Cherrys assistant/PA as he/she had to write this out for him on Twitter...
"You're 100 percent sure you want me to tweet this? 100%?"

When I had center ice last year I watched about 10-15 games in french on RDS. The only thing I learned is "Et le buuuutttt " is "scorrreeesss" in french basically. Wasn't that bad, it made me want to learn french though.

BUT MEANS GOAL

I know this because whenever the Habs score BUT comes up everywhere on the marquee, which is why I think my mum raised me to be a goalie, because whenever I'd argue with her as a kid she'd go "NO BUTS ABOUT IT"

... hahaaaaaa

But either way, that'd suck from my perspective. I enjoy the commentary and endearing personalities of HNIC commentators and analysts as well as the FSDucks team. And when there's a stalemate during games they've usually got some good banter. Exception to this: FSKings announcers, Jack Edwards and Pens home announcers.

Top Bottom