• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2013 |OT| - "Double-B to Double-M" The Milbury Leafs Era Begins NOW

Patrick Maroon gets put on waivers... so during camp he snow showers Hiller twice.

He hasn't touched the ice since a second icing during a scrimmage.

Bye bye shitlord!

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
The Oilers just finished playing a shinny game at Hawrelak Park (an urban park in Edmonton). Pretty cool.

BAhiFtRCIAAtuBu.jpg

BAhoi-dCIAAaB3N.jpg

BAht5xKCcAEU4We.jpg

BAhvvEcCQAEU7Bg.jpg

BAhwI0cCUAALL-F.jpg

BAhxr-pCIAEG1bd.jpg

(not my pics)

Awww yeeeeah. He's back.

BAg-qjmCMAAqEoQ.jpg

Murray: "They've been Anaheim Ducks. I love those guys. They’re winners. I’m going to do everything in my power to sign them. We’ve talked to both their camps already. Their agents are coming in within the next couple of weeks. That’s my biggest priority. It’s not rocket science. I’ll try everything I can to get them signed. "

The cheque books are coming out ladies and gents...

FOOTE

Well if nothing else, The Blues have good customer service. Got all of my ticket problems worked out with a 5 minute call. Couldn't believe my rep called me after I sent an email a few hours ago. I was planning on giving them a call on my lunch tomorrow.

The Oilers just finished playing a shinny game at Hawrelak Park (an urban park in Edmonton). Pretty cool.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BAhiFtRCIAAtuBu.jpg/img]
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BAhoi-dCIAAaB3N.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BAht5xKCcAEU4We.jpg/img]
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BAhvvEcCQAEU7Bg.jpg[img]
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BAhwI0cCUAALL-F.jpg[/mg]
[img]https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BAhxr-pCIAEG1bd.jpg[img]

(not my pics)[/QUOTE]
Anyone know where I can buy a pair of pants like Eberle is wearing?

New lines emerging from Training Camp:

Perron - Backes - Oshie
McDonald - Steen - Tarasenko
Schwartz - Berglund - Stewart
D'Agostini - Sobotka - Langenbrunner
Reaves/Nichol/Porter(?)

Russell - Pietrangelo
Jackman - Shattenkirk
Cole - Polak
Woywitka

Halak
Elliott

Well if nothing else, The Blues have good customer service. Got all of my ticket problems worked out with a 5 minute call. Couldn't believe my rep called me after I sent an email a few hours ago. I was planning on giving them a call on my lunch tomorrow.

I'm heavily considering making a trip next weekend. Probably won't be able to make much else this year unless we get deep into the playoffs. Which games did you get?

FOOTE

New lines emerging from Training Camp:

I like it. I really like Russell with Pietrangelo. Better that and let Cole ease into playing every night instead of setting him in the top pairing.

edit
I'm heavily considering making a trip next weekend. Probably won't be able to make much else this year unless we get deep into the playoffs. Which games did you get?
The weekend plan. It's really the best I can do as far as time goes. Weekday games are pretty much impossible for me to commit to.

gf5I3.jpg

I like it. I really like Russell with Pietrangelo. Better that and let Cole ease into playing every night instead of setting him in the top pairing.

Agreed. I really liked Russell in the Kings series. He was just about the only D man I liked in the Kings series.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Brad Richards was out with the flu, so Torts was running some wacky ass lines today.

Hagelin-Stepan-Nash
Callahan-Boyle-Gaborik
Kreider-Halpern-Pyatt
Asham and Rupp skating on their own

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Stralman
Del Zotto-Bickel
Eminger-Gilroy

Lundqvist
Biron

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
ronaldo-laugh-2-cristiano-ronaldo-19817037-200-178.gif

I wonder if montreal will sign a C or just wait till the summer and try to get getzlaf
Errr why would they do that? We already have too many Cs. It'll be Gally-Eller-Bournival-White or something similar for a long time. We have to either get rid of both DD and Plekanec or move DD to the wing.

Solo

They won't get rid of DD. He'll definitely be shifted to wing though, probably as soon as next season.

I do see Pleky as trade bait though.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I don't see them getting rid of DD either since he's french, but Plek will most likely be gone by next seasons trade line or the one after. Although Center depth of Galchenyuk - Plekanec - Eller is pretty tantalizing.

Beat reporters are verifying that Viktor Fasth was excellent at training. Easy to see why he was so sought after...

We've totally found our backup. Deslauriers is good enough to be 3rd, definitely not good enough to relieve Hiller.

The lines used were... interesting.

Palmieri - Getzlaf - Perry
Ryan - Bonino - Selanne
Cogliano - Koivu - Winnik
Beleskey - Holland - Smith-Pelly/Etem

Sbisa - Souray
Fowler - Allen
Lydman - Beauchemin

Hiller
Fasth

Is Holtby Washington's starting goalie now?

Flash in the pan. He'll have to earn his time battling Neuvirth.

CCF23

Roto league team...Tried to draft guys that would give me points in multiple categories instead of just the top scorer each round:

C - Koivu, Stepan, Granlund
LW - Pacioretty, Whitney
RW - Malkin, Downie, Hemsky
D - Edler, Shattenkirk, Burns, Orpik, Ellis
G - Price, Fleury

Alucard

Banned
Alright, so can we all agree that this year's Cup winner is not "tainted" due to the shortened schedule? So far, many forum posters are of the "it's a tainted Cup...unless my team wins it" mentality.

Alright, so can we all agree that this year's Cup winner is not "tainted" due to the shortened schedule? So far, many forum posters are of the "it's a tainted Cup...unless my team wins it" mentality.

Nope.

It takes a lot more games to earn your spot in the playoffs than less than half of them.

Even if the Ducks win it, I'll still be saying "we've won 1.5 cups".

CCF23

Agreed. The Cup is definitely not tainted. The playoffs are the same.

Cake Boss

Banned

Last year's standings after the 1st 48 games had the same teams in the playoffs at the end of the season.

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
I'm pretty happy with my team in the GAF pool:

C Claude Giroux
C Joe Thornton
C Mike Fisher

LW Milan Michalek
LW David Perron
LW James van Riemsdyk

RW Marian Hossa
RW Radim Vrbata
RW Chris Neil

D Mike Green
D Travis Hamonic
D Alex Goligoski
D Slava Voynov

G Roberto Luongo
G Miikka Kiprusoff

A few question marks in there, but it feels pretty solid all around.

Top Bottom