• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Dan Ellis plays for Dallas now? I remember when he turned down the Habs a few years back because he wanted to be a started. That worked out well for him.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
rf7zYCC.gif

Quick

Banned
Brayden Schenn is an amazing fighter

http://i.minus.com/icvuwSSiuTgwz.gif[img][/QUOTE]

Just saw this on Sportscentre. Even they couldn't help but laugh.

"Straight out of the Alex Semin fight school." lol

[IMG]http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/1568926/alexander-semin-s-slapfight-o.gif

Quick

Banned
Equipped, I finally started listening to Trouble Will Find Me by The National in full.

My opinion has changed, it's really good.

I remember when we were bros, now you must be eliminated.

Surprisingly enough, three 4th lines and a 1st line, and a rookie goalie, held the Ducks to one goal. Pretty much confirms the Ducks actually suck and won't win the Stanley Cup this year. But hey, after getting embarrassingly upset last year in the playoffs by us, I guess they can feel great about this 1-0 win. Well, now to have a three day break and watch all the other teams pass us in the standings. Yay!

Oh, and Tatar won't play next game because of his dad's funeral, so hopefully someone else can actually play who has been injured, but I guess it doesn't matter since we will still probably lose to New York.

Curufinwe

Not sure how it was presented on TV, but the play was blown dead in the first place because a penalty was being called on the Flyers, namely Schenn roughing Carcillo. Then shenanigans started.

Unless you're saying the penalty was in response to Carcillo annoying Hartnell?

Yeah, that's what happened. Not a big deal, but the fights started because Carcillo was out there agitating in the last minute of a blowout. If he sticks to doing that and not picking fights with weaker players halfway thru playoff games when his team has a 3-0 lead he'll be a decent addition.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAkIC8DDaAk

Osorio

I'll take a point. 3rd game in 4 nights with our geriatric squad. We really need Brunner and Elias back. Our scoring has been coming from one line all year.

Also, 0-7 on shootouts, 1-23 attempts. That was after we were best in the league in 2012, tons of people bitching that we made the playoffs solely on Shootouts. How far we've fallen...

I'll take a point. 3rd game in 4 nights with our geriatric squad. We really need Brunner and Elias back. Our scoring has been coming from one line all year.

Also, 0-7 on shootouts, 1-23 attempts. That was after we were best in the league in 2012, tons of people bitching that we made the playoffs solely on Shootouts. How far we've fallen...

Brunner :(

I thought you hated him now?

Cake Boss

Banned
2 Points behind Detroit now with the same GP and 1 point behind the Leafs with 1 game less played.

i28PCO8B98SE6.gif

This is the fist time I checked out the standings all season, didnt think we were this close.

LOL EAST!

Samyy

If any of you have PS+ these sales are pretty damn good.
Blood Dragon for $3.75 and Tales of Xillia for $10 gotdamn!

Oh and lotsa vita games on sale for the new vitabros

Samyy

Oh shit, #1 Bennet and #2 Draisaitl over #3 Ekblad and #4 Reinhart

And here I was hoping if somehow we ended up with a top 8-10 pick we might be able to steal Bennet somehow. Goddammit that kid is a warrior, really turned it on this year.

He got injured a a few games after he got his scoring touch back

Sounds like Brunner, has the scoring touch in streaks.

2 Points behind Detroit now with the same GP and 1 point behind the Leafs with 1 game less played.

i28PCO8B98SE6.gif

This is the fist time I checked out the standings all season, didnt think we were this close.

LOL EAST!

Oh, you guys will pass us and make the playoffs, we're missing half our team and we suck. Alfie chose wrong. :(

Osorio

How funny would it be if that happened after all that talk about how shitty the division is?

Almost everybody had a terrible start but before the season started, everyone thought our division had the most playoff teams from top to bottom in it (in the East at least). We're just finally starting to look like it. Even the Isles look dangerous again.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
How funny would it be if that happened after all that talk about how shitty the division is?

Islanders are 3-10-3 in Division, 15-12-4 out of division (including 9-9-1 vs West)

If they could beat those lousy Meh-tro teams, we'd be in good shape. Still lots of time to get back in the hunt. We're 7 points out.

Islanders are 3-10-3 in Division, 15-12-4 out of division (including 9-9-1 vs West)

If they could beat those lousy Meh-tro teams, we'd be in good shape. Still lots of time to get back in the hunt. We're 7 points out.

Funny how you say you are in the hunt being 7 points out, and I say we are screwed and will miss the playoffs and we are in 7th/8th place. Oh my negativity knows no bounds.

In other news I just picked up a pair of SR75S shin guards for hockey, been needing a new pair for a while. Got them for 50 bucks on sale, pretty great deal.

Socreges

Banned
Scores goals? Two-way player? Under 35!

In case you didn't know Jagr is our leading scorer. We need help.
I actually thought you meant you'd go after him during free agency, which would probably be a bad idea. He'd be a decent deadline pickup, though, and wouldn't break the bank (clear to everyone that Colorado won't be resigning him).

fallout

Jokinen's actually not having a terrible year. Not worth his contract money, but that's up at the end of the season. I could see him as a rental somewhere.

Samyy

The Leafs center situation has me wanting them to go after Statsny but I don't know where the cap space would come from.

Fucking Clarkson...

Osorio

I actually thought you meant you'd go after him during free agency, which would probably be a bad idea. He'd be a decent deadline pickup, though, and wouldn't break the bank (clear to everyone that Colorado won't be resigning him).

What's wrong with him? I hear he has a bad work ethic but his numbers are solid and that's all I can really go off of.

Curufinwe

Stastny has 34 points. He might be expendable in Colorado but he would be a good fit in NJ.

He'll probably ask for $7m a season, though.

Osorio

I just think that whoever does sign him will end up getting poor value and unpredictable results (mostly bad).

Well I hear he's a two-way player so he'll be fine in our system. If he gets us to 3 goals a game through goals or assists he's well worth it. His 39 points would be the most on our squad.

Top Bottom