• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Drive by posting here in regards to some topics from the last few pages...

Sticks - Buy two sticks just in case one breaks during a game. You don't need to spend a ton of money on either. Your main stick will probably run you anywhere from 80-150 bucks. Buy a cheap back up for under 80 (if you can find one). Sticks don't break nearly as often as you'd think. I've been using the same stick for like 3 years.

Margot Robbie has been revealed to be a hockey (Rangers booo) fan and is in love with Lundqvist.

455787945.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-p...k-rangers-fan-please-come-195243190--nhl.html
I platinum'd my first PS game, LEGO Marvel baby!!!

Acid08

Banned
Oh. You thought I was making fun of "y'all" before as if it were an error? Nah. Was laughing at your ironic density.

I happen to like "y'all", so long as it's not being used by Canadians.
My original point, before I knew the Carolina crowd was known for random USA chants, is that there is nothing wrong with cheering on a US Olympian on a US team in a US city. The crowd here cheered for Pavs when he scored in his first game after being selected. What's wrong with that? I admit I misjudged the Carolina situation. The reason I thought it was under the same circumstances is because when it originally happened Red pulled up my post about the cheering for Pavs as if the two were comparable. They are not.

calder

Defoe is masking his "so, it's come to this..." expression pretty well. Consummate pro.

Is that zombie Mats Sundin on the bottom right?

That's a White Walker, sneaked through a gap in the Wall. The Night's Watch is as useless as the Jets team D these days, so it's not a shock to see one as far south as Toronto.

@GeorgeRichards: #FlaPanthers will host 2015 NHL Draft in Sunrise; will officially be announced tomorrow morning.

GeorgeRichards: The 2015 NHL Draft will be second in Sunrise; #FlaPanthers took Stephen Weiss fourth overall at 2001 Draft there. Philly has it this summer.

McDavid draft will be in Sunrise.

So I keep hearing that hockey is an expensive hobby to take up. Is it? How often are you breaking sticks? I know the initial cost of skates and gear will be expensive but those stuff should last for years with proper care. The leagues over here are $460 for a 16 game season so that's not too bad. My biggest concern is how frequently I'm going to need sticks.

If you are brand new to the sport don't spend a lot on a stick.......or any gear really

Get a good helmet though, make sure it's comfortable

Samyy

Toronto is going to trade their next two 1st rounders to San Jose for Pavelski, who will proceed to suck balls because he's no longer surrounded by Canadian All-Stars.

Wrong, Pavelski will excel because now he will be able to spread his wings and soar like the majestic eagle he is playing alongside good American kids like JVR and Kessel.

USA USA USA USA

If you are brand new to the sport don't spend a lot on a stick.......or any gear really

Get a good helmet though, make sure it's comfortable

I need to get a helmet. Rentals suck.

Just took up skating a few months ago. Long way to go.

Also Edler is in tonight. Hope he makes an impact.

Giggzy

I need to get a helmet. Rentals suck.

Just took up skating a few months ago. Long way to go.

Also Edler is in tonight. Hope he makes an impact.

How's your progress? I'm thinking of buying a GoPro to put on my helmet to document my noobiness to the sport. Should be good laughs....for everyone else.

I took a few lessons and went to a few public skates. Can't stop but I can glide okay. Just need to get over my fear of falling. It's easier when you're a fearless short kid.

Tavares has a cap hit of $5.5 million until 2018. He isn't even in the top 50 in cap hit.

Probably the best Islanders signing in recent memory.

calder

Haha I can just imagine Maurice's expression on the bench watching that joke of a Jets PK. Half "oh shit what was that" half "ah so that explains those special team numbers" I'm sure.

Happy with the quick tying goal from Jolkinen, whom we all agree is just great.

Top Bottom