• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

THE CAPTAIN IS BACK

HI DASTARDLY

ready to win convincingly against us?

Hello pal!!!

I can't believe I've missed half of Real Pic January, I gotta sort that out.

Also I don't trust any "predictable" wins at Ponda c/o Vancouver ever since that dreaded home opener of 2012. Hell, I thought the Bruins would've had our number and that prediction went out the window.

Maybe we will? Maybe we won't? Maybe Andersen shits the bed all because Hiller is out with the flu? Maybe Sestito 1 second of ice time and 27 minutes of penalties?

Chris R

Just looked at the playoff format since the structure shake up. Looks like the Avs have a spot on lock as long as we don't totally implode. 8 points and 3 games clear of the Wild, and even if we were to slip to 4th spot we are still 12 points clear of Phoenix and they are slumping hard atm.

Would be nice to get a higher seed though...

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
sqqL5kW
G]

STEP UP YOUR GAME, AND FIX YO IMAGE!

calder

Great finish in Pittsburgh, hope the 90% capacity crowd enjoyed it!

Also there's no chance the Caps equipment manager isn't fired tomorrow right?

Hey dingus, Nashville have been rolling 4 lines of fourth liners for years and they still win games. Cogliano and Koivus line that game were told to focus purely on shutting down Zetterbergs line, and not only did they kick ass at doing that, but they scored anyway. Babcock was playing a solid grinding system that whole game. Hemming down star players was the only way that roster wasn't going to get annihilated. And now for me to put on my Captain Obvious cape, point at the sky and say "and that's why you didn't score any goals, sir!".

And a rookie goalie is a bad thing? Your claim would be ENTIRELY legitimate if instead of talking about a rookie goalie, like they're a bad thing (Andersen, Fasth and Jones are gonna disagree with you at this point) you just said "Jimmy Howard" instead. Hell, if Howard was in goal we might've even scored even WITH four lines trying to focus solely on shutting us down.

Ducks played fucking awesome. They continue to play fucking awesome, and if they keep this up, they're gonna go far.

Also; Hey, how's it goin?

Dastardly, you took me seriously, stahp!

Top Bottom