• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Without question, the absolute WORST live event experience I've ever encountered. I'll post more when I get home, but I'm beyond pissed off at how this whole thing turned out.

Real American Hero John Carlson!

xTHmjVM.gif

giUV9MW.gif

Solo

I still can't believe Patches, JVR and Oshie made it over Babby.

Patches has scored 30 once. Bobby has never not scored 30 in a full season.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
Babby and Yandle are the biggest snubs, but its a real bummer Okposo didn't make it this year. He's been terrific all season.

I still can't believe Patches, JVR and Oshie made it over Babby.

Patches has scored 30 once. Bobby has never not scored 30 in a full season.

Chuck Gormley ‏@ChuckGormleyCSN now
B Burke on B Ryan: 'He is not intense. That word is not in his vocabulary. It's never going to be in his vocabulary. He can't spell intense'

This from the guy who drafted him with the number two overall pick.

WOW

Cake Boss

Banned
What? Babby :(

Babby has been the prototypical power forward this team has lacked in its entire existance, dont get why Burkinator says hes not intense, hes been the club's best forward all season.

Cake Boss

Banned
The man had James Reimer as his starter goalie and traded for Kessel, this motherfucker wants to talk about intense?

Come at me Leafareenos!!

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
EviLore nailed it in that topic.

I think this guy made an excellent contribution:

We do live in a patriarchy, and obviously women have a million valid injustices to complain about. But I don't think that the work women have to do to attract someone of the opposite sex is one of them, because I think it's much, much harder for men. Men have to lift weights, make tons of money, have high status, initiate everything when it comes to dating and have all the social skills that it takes to "pick up a girl", be tough yet sensitive, be book smart enough to make a lot of money, but also be mechanically inclined and able to work with their hands, they have be good at sports, etc., etc., etc. I could go on and on about all the things that men are expected to be and do, and how difficult all that stuff is. Shaving or waxing body hair and wearing make-up just doesn't compare to all that stuff, it's MUCH less difficult. Why do guys like 'Mystery' exist? Why are there TV shows designed to teach men how to talk to women? Why? Because it's so difficult and complex for a man to get a woman, It is not difficult or complex for a woman to get a man, it's actually very easy. I don't know what you women are complaining about when it comes to this. You have it very easy.

Burke recalls fighting with his scouts in Anaheim over whether to take Bobby Ryan or Jack Johnson at the 2005 draft.

The scouts won and the Ducks took Ryan.

"I should have taken Jack," Burke says. "No way he lets us down for 12 days.

"I know he's having a poor year, but I love everything about this kid."
http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/10195703/how-us-hockey-team-bound-sochi-olympics-was-named

Really nice lengthy piece from Burnside on the selection process.

He was one of two journalists who got to partake in the behind-the-scenes stuff.

I love how Johnson's case for not getting a spot is "he hasn't played like a #1 pick". He's having his strongest year for us and is a big reason why our mediocre defense doesn't completely collapse every game.

Welp, a kid just got run down by a taxi out the front of my work. He's alive and the taxi was going slow, but seeing him bloody and stretchered off isn't cool.

Day ruined.

Acid08

Banned
Welp, a kid just got run down by a taxi out the front of my work. He's alive and the taxi was going slow, but seeing him bloody and stretchered off isn't cool.

Day ruined.
Ugh that sounds terrible. In SF yesterday three pedestrians were killed in three different hit and runs, including a 7 year old girl. This was in the daytime before the drunk shitlords were out for New Years.

That's horrendous.

Hitting is one thing, but running is even worse. Not even taking responsibility for your actions. I understand panic and fear, and the survival instinct mixed with adrenaline can cause us to do some stupid shit, but if you forever live with hitting someone and running away then you deserve some immense Street Justice.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I remember sitting outside of pizza pizza waiting for my order to cook, seeing a streetcar stop... then heard a huge smack sound and saw a lady fly across the intersection

After that day I slowly peer outside when leaving a streetcar

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I remember sitting outside of pizza pizza waiting for my order to cook, seeing a streetcar stop... then heard a huge smack sound and saw a lady fly across the intersection

After that day I slowly peer outside when leaving a streetcar

was this supposed to be in Toronto GAF thread???

I always look; I don't trust Toronto drivers.

Wow what a game. Atmosphere was something I've never witnessed before, the Wings fans were great and very friendly. It was very cold but I'm glad I went to this game. NHL and Michigan did a wonderful job with this thing.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
My brother in law got hit by a car on his bike while he was stopped at a light in TO early last year. Thankfully no serious injuries.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Without question, the absolute WORST live event experience I've ever encountered. I'll post more when I get home, but I'm beyond pissed off at how this whole thing turned out.

Wow what a game. Atmosphere was something I've never witnessed before, the Wings fans were great and very friendly. It was very cold but I'm glad I went to this game. NHL and Michigan did a wonderful job with this thing.

I don't know what to think now!

If we're talking serious accidents: I was on the receiving end of a backender that resulted in our SUV flipping/rolling over into the ditch on the side of the road. fun times and ambulance rides were had. Since then I drive with the idea of "nobody knows how to fucking drive" and check everything multiple times. red lights, etc.

Quick

Banned
I was crossing the street one day, and a guy drove forward to freak me out as I passed his car. I jumped, and I imagine the guy had a laugh about it. Cunt.

NHLN just showed the USA lineup that had Wheeler and Stepan as the extra forwards and McDonagh and Fowler as the extra defensemen.

I find it hard to believe that McDonagh isn't top 4 on this roster.

If the read the ESPN article, the only constants amongst the defense from day 1 were Suter and Mac Truck

Top Bottom