• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Habs playing almost as bad as they did in Ottawa. Bouillion can't handle the Leafs speed, he needs to be benched. Use 5 dmen for all I care.

Prust is a fucking centre?
Plays wing the majority of the time, Therrien sticks him there every now and then for some reason.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
This is going to play out exactly like the Ottawa game, except you can't win two of those in a row.

You traded Scorey Perry and Brent Burns?

Do you just like fleecing yourself or does it come unintentionally?

I needed non-RW players. I had Alex Ovechkin, Patrick Kane, Corey Perry, and Brent Burns all at RW. My LW was James Neal, Evander Kane, and Jeff Skinner.

My defense was Weber, Franson, and Sekera so I needed an upgrade there as well.

So I traded some guys I had in excess for positions in need. While also helping out a buddy who was in 6th place and dropping fast.

I have no regrets. Especially with Parise coming back in the next week or so.

Lol what a garbage trade, sorry bro.

See above.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I needed non-RW players. I had Alex Ovechkin, Patrick Kane, Corey Perry, and Brent Burns all at RW. My LW was James Neal, Evander Kane, and Jeff Skinner.

So I traded some guys I had in excess for positions in need. While also helping out a buddy who was in 6th place and dropping fast.

See above.

.. Why would you play Burns at RW and not D?

Acid08

Banned

See above.
Burns doesn't have D eligibility in your league?

Burns doesn't have D eligibility in your league?
.. Why would you play Burns at RW and not D?

Sometimes I played him there, yeah. But like I said above, I had James Neal that went LW/RW, Jeff Skinner that went C/LW/RW, along with Simmonds and Johanson as deep backups if needed.

In total I had four possible defenders (three slots), eight RW(two slots), four LW(two slots). I had more RW than I knew what to do with so trading some away for a top LW was ideal.

I mean it wasn't a completely even trade but I realize that and don't really mind. It was with one of my buddies in a league featuring us two and then 10 randoms that I don't care about. I'd rather harm my team a bit in the short run with possible long run pay offs while helping him out than seeing him drop out of the playoffs with a team falling apart with injuries (Stamkos, Parise, Rinne, Harding, and so on).

Minnesota nice.

I've seen some Canucks-level cuntiness out of people who claim to be Avs fans in many places this season. Doesn't shock me at all.

What usually happens is the fans don't want to trade our players after a proposal is made, so instead of saying that, some of them will just list ridiculous high value for one of our players. It's pretty stupid.

Top Bottom