• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
But why can't you review the goal and see the puck was dead, thereby invalidating the goal?
Because the ref called it a goal before they called the play dead. It's a dumb rule. Since the refs didn't see it hit the net, they just assumed it went up in the air and came down and into the net. If they saw it hit the net, they would've blown the play dead and not allowed the goal.

Because the ref called it a goal before they called the play dead. It's a dumb rule. Since the refs didn't see it hit the net, they just assumed it went up in the air and came down and into the net. If they saw it hit the net, they would've blown the play dead and not allowed the goal.

My mind is so blown with dumb right now that I don't even have the ability to comprehend.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
But why can't you review the goal and see the puck was dead, thereby invalidating the goal?

Because they can only waive the goal if it was high sticked, kicked, thrown in or a goalies equipment is forced in. Same rule applies for missed offsides.

The goal review rules are so bad in the nhl

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Still laughing at that Wings goal.

Just make the netting in play.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'd rather see Therrien figure out that his new system isn't working and get the team playing like they were doing at the beginning of the season.

AND STOP PLAYING BOUILLON, MURRAY AND PARROS!
He's made it pretty clear he's a stubborn, garbage coach. Keeps playing Parros, Murray, Bouillion, Bourque until now, his useage of Bournival, Subban, Eller, A.Gally, etc. Can't adjust for shit. The only good thing he's done is manage to get Desharnais back on track, which I doubt he even really helped at all.

They were both hacking the shit out of each other lol. It was either both went or none went.
Kadri boarded Pleks, didn't realize Pleks teleported behind him and boarded him back.

Deraldin

Unconfirmed Member
The guy played Bouillon instead of Diaz against a fast team like the Leafs, he's not getting any smarter.

I'd like to see it happen, but realistically if he hasn't noticed it yet I don't think it's going to happen. With the competition in the east, they'll need a huge losing streak before they drop out of the playoffs and unless Price is injured I don't see that happening.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Stolen. Absolutely stole those 2 points.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Amazing... I can not believe the turn around in luck. Maybe that's what Detroit needed though. Even if LA had won this in OT or the SO, it would've just been a free point for Detroit and no harm done for LA. But I'll take the 2 pts.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Dear Alberta. Please show us why we like you so much better than California.

Thanks.

Smiley90

Starting the game with the 4th line.

Sure.

Opening faceoff taken by Kellen Lain, college-pickup in his first NHL game.

Torts is just throwing shit at the wall again.

EDIT: Okay nvm, Bieksa.

LOOOOL WHAT A START LOOOL

LINE BRAWL TO START THE GAME LOLLLLL

Smiley90

I CANNOT CONTAIN THE LOLZ

LAIN WITH A FIGHTING PENALTY BEFORE EVEN HIS FIRST NHL-PLAYING SECOND LOL

Smiley90

Torts is FURIOUS. :lol

Great fight by Lain in his first second on NHL ice though. :lol

ZeroGravity

I CANNOT CONTAIN THE LOLZ

LAIN WITH A FIGHTING PENALTY BEFORE EVEN HIS FIRST NHL-PLAYING SECOND LOL
doncherry_471.jpg

Smiley90

The hell happened? I step away for a second and Torts is losing his mind.

Kellan Lain had (and won) a fight in his first NHL second on the ice.

Flames started the game with their 4th line, so Torst decided to match his 4th line.

Then a line brawl off the faceoff. :lol

Sestito, Lain and Bieksa (kinda) all fought. They all won.

Westgarth and... whoever other flame both bleeding. :lol

Top Bottom