• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Montresor

What happened to the XB1 January OT?

When is Rogers going to have a one guide for XB1? If I'm a cable customer only (no internet with Rogers) can I use that Rogers anyplace tv app?

DAT MAX CURSE OF BROTHERHOOD. So good.

Heretic

When is Rogers going to have a one guide for XB1? If I'm a cable customer only (no internet with Rogers) can I use that Rogers anyplace tv app?

I was going to ask the same thing just didn't know where to ask.

And I agree, Max is freaking awesome!

All these RPJ avatars are kinda weirding me out.
You know you wanna join.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

Ye, disappointed it is gone. Hope Bell gets the OneGuide as well. There is supposed to a Sportsnet app I thought too.

You should be able to use the Rogers App. Go to the anyplace TV site first and register.

Canada in the semifinals. Win two games for gold. Win one for silver or bronze. Lose two for fourth.

50% odds for a medal? Correct me Heretic.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Good evening NHL-GAF.

I have finally rested a bit after my trip to the Winter Classic.

The atmosphere, the game, everything was absolutely fantastic, this is definitely a highlight of my sporting life. Yes it was cold as hell and yes I froze my ass off but I would it again if given a chance. The crowd was so loud throughout the game, we had a few Red Wings fans in our section and we all joked around well, no fisticuffs were exchanged, just good wholesome banter.

Despite all this my voyage there and back was insane. I took a chartered bus and it left Toronto at 5am, we got to the game just in time. I got to my seats just before the anthems.

Now coming home was crazy, it took 2 hours to get out of the parking lot alone and didn't get back to Toronto until 3:30am, I got home at 4am, took a power nap then worked the morning and then went home from work. I just woke up now.

Again definitely worth all that bus travelling, everything about the event was fantastic, would freeze again.

Equippedwithtowel A+

Would equip with towel.

Smiley B+

Would racially abuse.

cheeky%20wink.gif

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Good luck with that. It's gonna happen again after this season. :(

Hopefully it is only a year.

I really enjoyed last nights episode. Some people where complaining in the OT, but that's gaf for you. I try not to go into many TV show OT's.

calder

Just before the pregame I wanted to say fuck you very much Burke, it's all your fault Babs Ryan gets 4 goals on us tonight.

EDIT: I don't know what the hell you kids are doing in here. What's RPJ. Actually never mind I don't want to know, probably some disgusting new sex act or drug or drug induced sex act. Fucking youths today, I tell ya.

Just before the pregame I wanted to say fuck you very much Burke, it's all your fault Babs Ryan gets 4 goals on us tonight.

EDIT: I don't know what the hell you kids are doing in here. What's RPJ. Actually never mind I don't want to know, probably some disgusting new sex act or drug or drug induced sex act. Fucking youths today, I tell ya.

Sorry Jets-gaf, I'm pulling for you guys in general, but we need a win.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
....... That's NOT okay!

Also, I see Kave is also doing RPJ! Awesome!

I've always been doing RPJ.

I think it's an unwritten rule I'm not allowed to do RPJ, people get really upset if I post a real photo...whether racism or the belief that I truly am a grey cat.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I've always been doing RPJ.

I think it's an unwritten rule I'm not allowed to do RPJ, people get really upset if I post a real photo...whether racism or the belief that I truly am a grey cat.

but... you ARE a grey cat. What are you talking about.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Bergevin has made Briere available, wonder if he really did ask for a trade like that report said a few weeks back.

Montresor

Good evening NHL-GAF.

The atmosphere, the game, everything was absolutely fantastic, this is definitely a highlight of my sporting life. Yes it was cold as hell and yes I froze my ass off but I would it again if given a chance. The crowd was so loud throughout the game, we had a few Red Wings fans in our section and we all joked around well, no fisticuffs were exchanged, just good wholesome banter.

Despite all this my voyage there and back was insane. I took a chartered bus and it left Toronto at 5am, we got to the game just in time. I got to my seats just before the anthems.

Now coming home was crazy, it took 2 hours to get out of the parking lot alone and didn't get back to Toronto until 3:30am, I got home at 4am, took a power nap then worked the morning and then went home from work. I just woke up now.

Again definitely worth all that bus travelling, everything about the event was fantastic, would freeze again.

Sounds awesome Kave. Didn't another member of NHL-GAF say his experience at the WC sucked?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Sounds awesome Kave. Didn't another member of NHL-GAF say his experience at the WC sucked?

I read back and found that one, seemed it had more to do with him then the event itself. As I said I'd do it again even factoring in my travel there and back took up close around 18 hours of the day.

Quick

Banned
Good evening NHL-GAF.

I would've gone had I gotten tickets, but being the lazy human being that I am, staying home in the warmth watching people freeze their asses off was just fine.

Did you get me a seat cushion?

Montresor

Ye, disappointed it is gone. Hope Bell gets the OneGuide as well. There is supposed to a Sportsnet app I thought too.

You should be able to use the Rogers App. Go to the anyplace TV site first and register.

I was going to ask the same thing just didn't know where to ask.

And I agree, Max is freaking awesome!

I'm jonesing for that thread. It's my first time diving extensively into the system and I have loads of questions to ask. When I was on vacation I spent 5mins with Max and bitched about the achievement app and that's it. Now I'm slowly learning the ins and outs of the system and enjoying it very much. I was watching The Punisher on Netflix and was really impressed when I pulled off this sequence of voice commands.

Xbox pause
Rewind
Faster
Play
Volume Up

The voice command success rate is pretty disappointing for me. I'd say I have an 85% success rate so far (and yes, that's with calibrating Kinect with the tv at full volume). But when it works it feels awesome.

For some reason yesterday my audio and video was out of sync for my hdmi-in'd cable box, but today it's great. Pretty awesome switching between so much so fast. Food network, then achievements, Max Brotherhood, then Leafs TV, achievement app, etc... I felt generous and I just purchased an Xbox One and shipped it to my brother in Calgary. He got me the day one edition for Xmas after all, haha.

Heretic

Yeah, switching between TV and anything is freaking amazing. I absolutely love that feature. Definitely lived up to my expectations!

Also, you can PM one of us here and hopefully we can answer.

Top Bottom