• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

It'll come down to goaltending, the US has enough roster talent to be a great team, it's up to the goalie to steal it. Miller is capable of that when he's on his game.

US was going to be good either way, but one of the best goal scorers in the league who's having a really good season to boot seemed like a no brainer shoe in to me. Those comments from the USA managment were pretty shocking, did Burke do any scouting at all? "I assume the worst" regarding Yandle...tha fuq?

Anyways, gonna be interesting. Just like in Vancouver, Russia seems to be he scariest team. Lets see if they can put it together this time with the big ice.

Samyy

US was going to be good either way, but one of the best goal scorers in the league who's having a really good season to boot seemed like a no brainer shoe in to me. Those comments from the USA managment were pretty shocking, did Burke do any scouting at all? "I assume the worst" regarding Yandle...tha fuq?

Anyways, gonna be interesting. Just like in Vancouver, Russia seems to be he scariest team. Lets see if they can put it together this time with the big ice.

Burke is pretty big on rolling the two scoring lines, two defensive/checking line system from what I remember from his interviews during his time in Toronto. If your looking at it that way Ryan isn't better then Kane and then Kessel in terms of right wingers in your top six.

I think I am, I really want to play Civ 5 without my macbook's fan going all crazy and shit lagging.

Not to mention Total War.

Probably wont be spending more then...500-600 dollars though.

Just get yourself something with a relatively future-proof processor (not AMD) and start small with a video card. That way you're not stuck with something that has a massive bottleneck that you can't fix without also buying a new motherboard.

Curufinwe

I hope Giroux gets left off since that will give him extra motivation for the rest of the season, and then I can happily root against Canada. Since they won it last time I'd rather see anyone but them win the gold this year.

I hope Giroux gets left off since that will give him extra motivation for the rest of the season, and then I can happily root against Canada. Since they won it last time I'd rather see anyone but them win the gold this year.

And of course because he and Ryan can bond over being snubbed, ensuring we liberate him from Ottawa's clutches.

Acid08

Banned

I hope Russia gets decimated.

Sanjuro

Svedberg getting the start tonight! Fucking awesome. Him and Subban have made a fun pair to watch.

Now the downside, game is starting around the height of a blizzard. :/

Acid08

Banned
David Pollak ‏@PollakOnSharks 7m

McLellan's injury update on #SJShark Wingels not exactly optimistic: "He won’t play tonight. Put the skates on today and didn’t feel good."

Great. If we lose to the fucking Barons tonight...

Samyy

Just get yourself something with a relatively future-proof processor (not AMD) and start small with a video card. That way you're not stuck with something that has a massive bottleneck that you can't fix without also buying a new motherboard.

Hmm sounds like a good way to go
Definitely going to do a lot of research before attempting to build this thing, I have like no experience but I know its a lot cheaper to build one then buy a pre-built one.

I really just want to play strategy games and some older titles like New Vegas/Skyrim and most of my 3rd party games are going to be bought on PS4 anyway so hopefully this machine will be able to do that comfortably.

Acid08

Banned
It was awesome seeing just how useless Clarkson was during the Winter Classic.

To be fair to him I think Leafs fans had stupid high expectations that he was never going to live up to.

Samyy

It was awesome seeing just how useless Clarkson was during the Winter Classic.

To be fair to him I think Leafs fans had stupid high expectations that he was never going to live up to.

I barely had any expectations and he has failed to meet those
Worst signing off the off-season by far, too bad we wasted our amnesty buyout on fucking Komisarek.

Are you saying only Asians can be good at math?

racist.

I remember in high school a white girl sat next to me beginning of the year in AP Calculus thinking I was awesome at math. She didn't know I barely qualified for the class. I drew pictures as my graphs on the AP Test, that's how good I was at Calc.

Merguson

Banned
I barely had any expectations and he has failed to meet those
Worst signing off the off-season by far, too bad we wasted our amnesty buyout on fucking Komisarek.

If you're referring to using an amnesty buyout on Clarkson, it wouldn't be allowed.

Mmmmmmmmmmmm booby...

Edit: Poor Babby :( I understand where they're coming from but it has to suck big time to hear that...

He's obviously a great player but I think all of what has been said is pretty true. However, even with his passive attitude I think he's easily Olympic quality. Just because he won't be gritting his teeth when he scores his ridiculous goals doesn't mean they're not goals. Some stupid fucking reasoning all over team USA's roster.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Some bum that works for Leafs TV threw this out there in the last hour

Rumblings indicate that a possible sabre/habs deal could be gathering momentum.
Give us Moulson, plz and thxs.

I'm hoping Sweden and Canada meet in the finals, Collberg and de la Rose have been great, and Fucale is still going strong.

Heretic

I'm hoping Sweden and Canada meet in the finals, Collberg and de la Rose have been great, and Fucale is still going strong.

Miller for Price and Subban

Merguson

Banned

The Habs are getting Ville Leino and you'll like it.

Top Bottom