• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

calder

That didn't look like it hit Vaneks skate at all, more like it was under the pad and dragging the leg knocked it in. Luckily FS keeps finding other camera angles that don't show the puck at all.

No goal? Wow, wonder if TO had a better camera angle.

That didn't look like it hit Vaneks skate at all, more like it was under the pad and dragging the leg knocked it in. Luckily FS keeps finding other camera angles that don't show the puck at all.

No goal? Wow, wonder if TO had a better camera angle.

Vanek definitely had a leg dragging to give it momentum, but I didn't see a camera angle that said it wasn't Steen causing it. Indecisive and call stands would have been my guess from what I saw.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Oh come on, even if I wasn't a fan, there was no 100% proof on any of the camera angles that could have overturned that.

Oh don't get me wrong, that wasn't my point. I'm not even watching the game. I fully believe you that it was a wrongful overturn, especially given everyone else here posted the same.

That was positive surprise that there are more Islanders fan on this board than just Teethmummy. :D

Smiley90

Oh fuck me a GTX 680 will only run Star Citizen on high. GTX 780 is the min requirement for max settings. AAAAGHHHH

Yo dude. The game is... not optimized at all yet. I wouldn't worry about hardware requirements until a) the game actually has them b) the game has more than the hangar module available and b) the game has more than just 1 graphic setting.

Right now, changing between highest and lowest is minimal. There's zero optimization in the game, basically. So... lots of things can change. And given it's not coming out for at least another year.... yeah.

Yo dude. The game is... not optimized at all yet. I wouldn't worry about hardware requirements until a) the game actually has them b) the game has more than the hangar module available and b) the game has more than just 1 graphic setting.

Right now, changing between highest and lowest is minimal. There's zero optimization in the game, basically. So... lots of things can change. And given it's not coming out for at least another year.... yeah.

This is information directly from Roberts dude.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/13419-Wingmans-Hangar-Episode-48

24:25ish

Smiley90

Var

mhmmmmmmmm still. Game won't be out for another long time. Lots can change inbetween.

But yeah given that they're making a game purely for PC and have tons of ambition for it, it makes sense they'll have their highest setting set REALLY high. I'll upgrade my hardware for this game once it comes out for sure.

I am hoping I can run it decently on high at 1080p with a single 7970.

Bro I know what to expect and what I expect is minimal performance optimization between now and release because it's a Cryengine game where everything's made up and the specs don't matter.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa, I just stayed in bed until almost 5 pm. That hasn't happened since college. This is really going to fuck up my ability to get up in the morning to head to Yankee Stadium.

YESS!!!!

Abdelkader-Zetterberg-Nyquist
Alfredsson-Helm-Franzen
Tatar-Sheahan-Jurco
Miller-Glendening-Eaves

Dat BertClearySammy-less lineup.

Hsr5SBE.gif

Are you seeing this Crazed???? Bertuzzi scratched. Cleary looking like a scratch tomorrow. Samuelsson waived. HOPE.

No, no, no, no, no... I refuse to believe Holland and Babs have found common sense, absolutely refuse it. There is no possible way any of this is happening, none what so ever..... Who am I kidding, time to CELEBRATE!!!

skGqJVK.gif

Smiley90

You know what'd be amazing?

If the NHL had nfl-style coverage of teams during the playoffs, with mics on players&coach during games. I would pay extra just to watch that.

Stasis

That was positive surprise that there are more Islanders fan on this board than just Teethmummy. :D

That's how I felt when I first saw Kinggi or whatever his name is. I was excited to realize there are more than 3 of us. There's also some dude named NYR I think, with a Rangers avatar even. Don't think I've ever seen him post here though. I should get him in here. We need numbers to compete with Canucks/Habs/Leafs Gaf domination.

You fuckers are everywhere.

RC

Banned
You know what'd be amazing?

If the NHL had nfl-style coverage of teams during the playoffs, with mics on players&coach during games. I would pay extra just to watch that.

I want Torts wearing a mic 365 days a year. On the rink, off the rink, on the can, it doesn't matter.

Stasis

Whoa, I just stayed in bed until almost 5 pm. That hasn't happened since college. This is really going to fuck up my ability to get up in the morning to head to Yankee Stadium.

You make me miss living in NYC sometimes with all the Rangers related shit you get to attend.

Growing up I was more into basketball along with my dad so I just went to Knicks games all the time. Always court side though, so that was cool. NBA connections. No NHL ones! Haven't been to MSG in forever. I need to fix that next I'm in town visiting family.

T.M. MacReady

NO ONE DENIES MEMBER
What's your thoughts on Capuano? Seemed like fans wanted him fired a few weeks back, and you're the only NYI fan that posts.

I really can't believe he survived the 10 game losing streak earlier this year.

He's okay, but I don't think he has what it takes to get us deep into the playoffs.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Laughingandcrying.gif

Better draft pick! Too bad we're wasting an amazing year from Price.

Edit: ha, Boone is using the same picture as my avatar on his blog.
Using Price for the first time in a B2B as well, against one of the shittiest teams in the East. He's grasping at straws now.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Doesn't matter brah, you're playing the Caps!
Ovie will score a hat trick even though he's sick, Subban will fight green and break his hand. Habs will fall to the 7th pick, and Therrien is fired by the Olympic break. It is known.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
You make me miss living in NYC sometimes with all the Rangers related shit you get to attend.

Growing up I was more into basketball along with my dad so I just went to Knicks games all the time. Always court side though, so that was cool. NBA connections. No NHL ones! Haven't been to MSG in forever. I need to fix that next I'm in town visiting family.

Until the playoffs a couple years ago I had only been to one Rangers game at MSG, which happened to be the final game of the '94 season against the Flyers where they were awarded the Presidents Trophy before the game. It's nice to be able to go all the time now. MSG is a really different place now if you haven't been there in a long time. The old long-time ticket holders complain about it constantly, but really it's pretty awesome in there. Food is fucking great in there, too.

When I was a kid I went to a few Knicks games too, not quite courtside but pretty close (my grandfather's travel company had a Ticketmaster machine back in the day...really should have taken more advantage of that). Would be nice to go again, but it's way too damn expensive for the Knicks. It's like double the price of what it is for the Rangers for the same seats.

Ovie will score a hat trick even though he's sick, Subban will fight green and break his hand. Habs will fall to the 7th pick, and Therrien is fired by the Olympic break. It is known.

Bourque will score a hat trick, concuss Backstrom and Ovi will pull his groin knocking him out of the lineup until Sochi.

And McPhee will sign an extension.

Top Bottom