• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Socreges

Banned
Okay, what else did you do then. Did you punch Tabris in the face? Because you know we understand you, here. Share-circle.
Stupidly/mistakenly/knowingly led on a new girl at work who is an awesome person. It inevitably blew up in my face (and hers) since I have a gf and she didn't know that. In a conversation today with someone else I was shown the consequences. I want to apologize and explain but that would just make things worse so I'm reduced to anonymous self-loathing on the internet since I can't talk to anyone I know about this!

[edit] girl-age gives me the heebie jeebies so naturally i turn to nhl-age

Heretic

Any good?

It's based on a true story. Really gritty, in your face movie. I really liked it.

Stupidly/mistakenly/knowingly led on a new girl at work who is an awesome person. It inevitably blew up in my face (and hers) since I have a gf and she didn't know that. In a conversation today with someone else I was shown the consequences. I want to apologize and explain but that would just make things worse so I'm reduced to anonymous self-loathing on the internet since I can't talk to anyone I know about this!

Was in a similar situation a long time ago. It got REALLY ugly. I wasn't proud of the things I had to do to make it all go away.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

Ouch. :/ Well you didn't do it on purpose, so you're definitely not a terrible person.

Heretic can probably tell you how it feels, he's usually on the receiving end of friendzonings like this.

Seriously though.... try and don't feel too bad. At least she knows now and can adjust.... Hope she didn't fall too hard....

EDIT: Did you actually go to girl-gaf? :lol

Acid08

Banned

She tryna poke ya know, get your girl on board too. Things bout to get real sexy in the Scoreges household.

Acid08

Banned
Also this new Yahoo Fantasy app is kinda ass. All the info it displays is cluttered. Trying to cram too much into each screen.

OK so I totally missed Carter slashing Hillers hands and not getting called on it. Fuck that guy.

I'm a horrible human being

Also that Ducks/Kings game was a horrible ice hockey game

Yeah. It was a poor display. We finally get a national television outdoor game and we put THAT display on? I blame the Kings. Ducks brought their game.

Apparently fireworks were meant to go off whenever the Kings scored a goal?

Hiller didn't shit tonight except that one leg save. All shots were at his fucking chest or pads. Yeah he was in the right position but cmonnnn kings

Weren't exactly many rebounds to take care of. No Kings players seemed to have any luck crashing the net.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Yeah. It was a poor display. We finally get a national television outdoor game and we put THAT display on? I blame the Kings. Ducks brought their game.

Weren't exactly many rebounds to take care of. No Kings players seemed to have any luck crashing the net.

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

STAAAAAAAAAAAN

DASTARDLY, STAN WON

HE CONQUERED AUSTRALIA

STAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN

We already established that all sports that aren't hockey aren't fun.

So somebody named Stan won the Slamball Open Australia World Tourney Presented By Fosters?

You all look like Nazi eugenics experiments.

It's Orstraylia Day and I'm stone cold sober. Who wants a free citizenship? I need to hand in my passport. It's rules.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Out of general curiosity I've browsed a lot of Gaf OT topics just to see what goes on in there, and I've always been surprised by the amount of guys posting in the Girl-Age thread regularly. Then I remember I'm on Gaf.

That's not that bad Soc, relatively speaking.

tumblr_mzi90i82dq1rck6i3o1_1280.jpg

I GET IT IT SAYS BUTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

edit: LOL O'Brien was put on waivers yesterday. Sarich has had his ups and downs this season but we definitely won that trade. When the Flames are abandoning you, you know you fucking suck.

I told my +1 I loved her for the first time yesterday and then I went to her birthday drinks for 2 hours then went home to quickly grab something and fell asleep on the floor.

Let me give you relationship advice

RC

Banned
I told my +1 I loved her for the first time yesterday and then I went to her birthday drinks for 2 hours then went home to quickly grab something and fell asleep on the floor.

Let me give you relationship advice

Oh you hopeless romantic you. I could fill a thread with all my womanly blunders. But I won't.

There was 8 missed calls, two messages and all her friends were "keeping an eye out on the side of the road for me incase I passed out".

I'm just glad the buzzer in my apartment is really loud.

Also we didn't have dinner and had a bottle of Captain Morgan between us so it's something to do with that.

Oh you hopeless romantic you. I could fill a thread with all my womanly blunders. But I won't.

We totally should.

RC

Banned
That's some sitcom shit right there.

What happens when a hapless Aussie finds himself at love's doorstep? Why he winds up passed out on the floor of course. It's Dastardly in the new hit comedy everyone's sure to talk about, "Drunk on the floor", coming this fall only on FOX.

Heretic and 19 & 21, I added you guys on Xbox Live. I'm afraid your boasting that you will kick my ass in Killer Instinct would be quite true as I am absolutely awful at fighting games.

cube444

My uncle disapproves of this post.

They've been trying to trade Hemsky for like 5 years now
I'm surprised the Canes haven't pulled the trigger on something there. Every season we hear rumors about JR wanting to get Hemsky. Maybe this will be the year. Seems the same rumor floated about Liles and that finally happened.

OK so I totally missed Carter slashing Hillers hands and not getting called on it. Fuck that guy.

I feel bad for Kings fans that went. They had nothing to celebrate about their team this game I mean they had 36 shots but not too many were scoring chances. They were boring to watch. Sutter hockey.

Those were a lot of fireworks at the end. Maybe it was for Kings goals. But we'll never know. Or it was just for the end to crown the best team in CA.

Gustav Nyquist - Henrik Zetterberg - Johan Franzen
Tomas Jurco - Riley Sheahan - Tomas Tatar
Justin Abdelkader - Darren Helm - Daniel Alfredsson
Drew Miller - Luke Glendening - Patrick Eaves

Look at that almost healthy lineup, do you notice something? That's right! No Sammy, Bert, or 200x All Star Dan Cleary!!! All are healthy scratches/waived in Sammy's case. It feels so good to actually see our GM and Coach show some smarts!!

Quick

Banned
What happens when a hapless Aussie finds himself at love's doorstep? Why he winds up passed out on the floor of course. It's Dastardly in the new hit comedy everyone's sure to talk about, "Drunk on the floor", coming this fall only on FOX.

What happens when a stupid looking Canadian accidentally drinks Don Cherry's ashes in a bathroom stall? He turns into Don Cherry, of course. It's Quick in a new comedy that's full of heart, worn out caps lock keys and awareness for schizophrenia. "Don" miss our on "Don Quick", coming to CBC this spring.

I hope the games are more exciting than the game last night. More Patrick Roy being feisty and bickering between coaches. Didn't Colorado beat Anaheim the first game 6-1 or something? I thought it was going to be a disaster of a season after that games and looking at the defense.

I think a Leafs/Bruins first round rematch is inevitable.

Should be fun.

My money is on another February-March implosion.

Btw, what should team do with Bolland in the off-season? He'll want at least $4m and term, which if the Leafs go for will make it increasingly difficult to find an actual 1C - that is if Nonis thinks the team needs a 1C.

Top Bottom