• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

tumblr_n000o7YaCy1rwf06co2_1280.jpg

tumblr_n000o7YaCy1rwf06co1_1280.jpg

I like pictures with fireworks in them

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
My money is on another February-March implosion.

Btw, what should team do with Bolland in the off-season? He'll want at least $4m and term, which if the Leafs go for will make it increasingly difficult to find an actual 1C - that is if Nonis thinks the team needs a 1C.

All signs point to the leafs trying to resign him

Probably will put a lot of effort behind it

Will assume that the choice will be made after he comes back from injury

He was so clutch :(

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Pre-game 12:50, warm ups 1:00, puck drop 1:35.

I'd say fans are about 60-40 Rangers. A little more Devs representation than I expected.

Samyy

My money is on another February-March implosion.

Btw, what should team do with Bolland in the off-season? He'll want at least $4m and term, which if the Leafs go for will make it increasingly difficult to find an actual 1C - that is if Nonis thinks the team needs a 1C.

Psh its not like past stanley cup winners all had a #1 C
Who needs one of those!
Bozak!

zroid

Banned
I'll take a barbershop quartet over face paint horror rock any day :U

edit: I guess these are the guys performing in the Jersey Boys musical?

Merguson

Banned
Psh its not like past stanley cup winners all had a #1 C
Who needs one of those!
Bozak!

The problem with getting a #1C is that it's difficult to do that without a high pick in the entry draft (some exceptions, obviously).

So the Leafs can wait around for one or try and keep that center depth stronger with Bolland in the mix.

I'll argue it's best to go with the latter. If a potential #1C is available, chances are that the team will be asking for a center in return. You probably won't get much luck with weak depth.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Pretty surreal to have the Devs announced as "YOUR New Jersey Devils" in NYC.

Welcome to the fact that New York Rangers are only allowed to play home games at MSG.

That's why bot these games are away games :p

It's like Philadelphia Flyers as the home team in preseason games against the Leafs in London, Ontario

Samyy

The problem with getting a #1C is that it's difficult to do that without a high pick in the entry draft (some exceptions, obviously).

So the Leafs can wait around for one or try and keep that center depth stronger with Bolland in the mix.

I'll argue it's best to go with the latter. If a potential #1C is available, chances are that the team will be asking for a center in return. You probably won't get much luck with weak depth.

I'm just saying historically teams who have won the cup have done it with a #1 C
If you want to resign Bolland fine. Just don't do it to an immovable contract in the event that such a centre becomes available.

So since outdoor games can work in +15 degree C weather, they should switch Winter outdoor games to Spring outdoor games

Hell, Stanley Cup finals outdoors!

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Was wrong when I said it was 60-40 Rangers, it's more like 50-50 or maybe even more of a Devils crowd. Whole lotta red out there. My section is almost entirely NYR.

Merguson

Banned
I'm just saying historically teams who have won the cup have done it with a #1 C
If you want to resign Bolland fine. Just don't do it to an immovable contract in the event that such a centre becomes available.

I think the best case scenario would be just to give Bolland an one-year contract. This season is too small of a sample size for me. I would prefer a full season of Bolland to determine what kind of contract he should get instead of just signing him to any sort of long-term contract outright.

But that won't happen. My bet the max term will be 3-4 years.

RC

Banned
What happens when a stupid looking Canadian accidentally drinks Don Cherry's ashes in a bathroom stall? He turns into Don Cherry, of course. It's Quick in a new comedy that's full of heart, worn out caps lock keys and awareness for schizophrenia. "Don" miss our on "Don Quick", coming to CBC this spring.

It'd be the best thing on CBC since North of 60.

Samyy

I think the best case scenario would be just to give Bolland an one-year contract. This season is too small of a sample size for me. I would prefer a full season of Bolland to determine what kind of contract he should get instead of just signing him to any sort of long-term contract outright.

But that won't happen. My bet the max term will be 3-4 years.

Yea other teams will give him money and term, but its tough because he is obviously not going to come back from this injury and play at 100% any time soon.

We'll really probably only see 60-70% of Bolland for the remainder of the season. And you know what I like Bolland and in a perfect world where we have a #1 centre I'd much rather have Bolland over Bozak at #2/#3 given the short sample size obviously, but Bolland has that playoff experience.

Parch

So if the sun was out they would cancel the game?
If glare is such an issue, perhaps painting the surface a little more grey instead of bright white would help.
All of these outdoor games have a learning curve. The success of the LA game means we're going to see more warm weather games.

Top Bottom