• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

LevelNth

Banned
Leafs, not so sure. Sportsnet has their national rights, definitely. Sportsnet owns their regional rights but I don't know if Rogers and Bell made an agreement or not for future broadcasts.

The team sells the regional rights themselves, but Rogers and Bell own a part of MLSE (such a great idea right?) so.. who knows?
Oh man you're right, I've done some digging.

So apparently this season, the 82 game breakdown for the Leafs is as follows: 17 TSN, 17 Leafs TV and 48 Sportsnet and CBC. I can't find the regional/national breakdown of these though.

Next season TSN gets 10 Leaf games, which we know is regional only. So the remaining 72 will be Sportsnet/CBC and Leafs TV, though it is uncertain whether Leafs TV will even retain games next year.

For 2015-16, TSN gets 26 regional Leafs games, which is weird to me cause MLSE's regional contract was supposed to be up in 2015 and I can't find ANYTHING about a new contract. Considering how hard they were potentially thinking of going all regional on Leafs TV this is strange...

Parch

TSN Jets was an "extra" deal because they showed up in the middle of a TV contract. I'm thinking they don't charge extra next year for any of the regional deals.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Lol Phoenix changing to Arizona coyotes

I'm surprised they made an announcement about it today as if it was news. Wasn't this mandatory as part of the deal with Glendale?

Apparently the Rangers' primary interest in scouting Colorado recently has been Jamie McGinn.

Jake GardinerVerified account ‏@Jgardiner272

More like the "Goat" of Bay Street #pigeon pic.twitter.com/IVD4zkQHmG

BfLFNueIEAAMh90.jpg

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Doesn't look like it:

At least if you're in Ottawa.

That's awesome!

I think the reason why TSN-Jets and TSN-Habs exist is because TSN had the rights to national broadcasts when they established those channels, so they broadcast the nationally televised games on TSN/TSN2 and the local games on the specialty channels. Now that TSN doesn't have the national broadcast anymore after this season, there's no issues airing the local games on TSN proper,

Unfortunately Melnyk is the cheapest SOB in sports and has already been desperate for more money to fund the insane bankrolls he requires to run that team. Ottawa gonna continue to Ottawa no matter what.

Sens spent to the cap until the owner got divorced. He's not cheap, he's broke.

The team will be fine, and Im sure the team value has gone up a lot with this new deal so he can always sell it if he can't run it.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The Rangers have sent Girardi two-offers, one for SIX-YEARS at more than $5 million and one that is FIVE-YEARS and worth more than $5.5 million
Hmm, really sounds like the Rangers are planning on resigning Girardi. I could see him getting 6 years at 5.25-5.5m (though it's longer than I would want it to be).

Cally might be trade-bound...

Sounds like the Avs will probably host a stadium series next year as Coors is pushing for it to be here and they're the sponsor. I rather have the Winter Classic, but as long as they don't do those ugly ass chrome logos next year I'd be happy.

Sounds like the Avs will probably host a stadium series next year as Coors is pushing for it to be here and they're the sponsor. I rather have the Winter Classic, but as long as they don't do those ugly ass chrome logos next year I'd be happy.

I think the last time I was at Coors it was Mile High Stadium. Might have to go but we'll see.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Diaz went from playing top minutes and being on the top PK to now being scratched and not being able to get in over Murray, and is most definitely going to be moved.

RQ7bxl5.gif

ShaneB

Well, with Football season ending soon, it's back to watching more hockey, so I decided to jump in and get a Hockeystreams account. Good stuff!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Callahan would be great on the Habs and exactly what we need, but I wouldn't want to give him more then 4-5 years, and he'll definitely get 7 years from some team.

Stasis

I thought Cee-Lo did a good job. It was so fucking quiet though, damn.

Too cold to give a shit?

Callahan would be great on the Habs and exactly what we need, but I wouldn't want to give him more then 4-5 years, and he'll definitely get 7 years from some team.

Callahan would be fucking insane to go to Montreal. He doesn't fight, he just plays hard and finishes his checks. If he doesn't hit his hypothetical 30-30 production quickly he'd be a whipping boy for fans due to his price.

Also, it'd make me vomit. Bad enough seeing Prusty wear the CH. I want no Rangers I like going to the Habs.

That said I'm going to check out the Bruins game with some friends tomorrow (in Montreal, popular hockey bar) and I'll wear a Habs shirt. Just cause.
Someone might kill me otherwise.

Top Bottom