• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2014 |OT| Bobby Orr, Bathroom Stalls, and the Battle at the Big House

Speaking of cold, I'm finally watching the Winter Classic and it looks cold as hell. Didn't some people here go to it? Did they say they had a good time?

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Someone didn't get there on time??? That's shitty

That's great, it seems like a great time. How was your view?

More importantly how was Mayer Hawthorne??

I think I went to take a piss or buy beer when that guy came up.

As for my view, I was in row 34 and the view was great. Would have liked to be higher up but when I got the tickets the seats were going fast so I couldn't really pick and choose.

I'll post some photos when I get home.

They left like 40 minutes before the game started and were pissed that there was a shitload of traffic and no parking when they got there.
That's awful. One of the worst feelings is when you are late to something important, solely because you choose to leave later than what would make sense

As for my view, I was in row 34 and the view was great. Would have liked to be higher up but when I got the tickets the seats were going fast so I couldn't really pick and choose.

That's awesome.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Why would you leave so late to something like this. You know that over 100k people are showing up.

Hell as I said before my bus left Toronto to Ann Arbor at 5 in the morning and we JUST made it on time for the anthems.

Acid08

Banned
That's awful. One of the worst feelings is when you are late to something important, solely because you choose to leave later than what would make sense

I would have felt bad if the dude didn't come in here ranting about how it was the NHL's fault and then flat out scoffed at the notion that he should have left HOURS before the game started.

I would have felt bad if the dude didn't come in here ranting about how it was the NHL's fault and then flat out scoffed at the notion that he should have left HOURS before the game started.
Lol. I need to go back in the thread and look at that.

My girlfriend got Hawks tickets for my birthday a couple years back on the St Patrick's Day hat giveaway game. She bought them knowing that it was that giveaway and for us to get it. Anyway, long story short we left late to the game and didn't get them. I felt like I was going to puke for quite a bit for blowing that

What section were you in? I made it mandatory that as soon as I sat down, I would not be moving out of my seat.

Socreges

Banned
Team Canada is announcing its selection on Tuesday at 11 a.m. I'm ready for snubs.
I hope no one anywhere considers Phaneuf to be a 'snub' when he's inevitably not selected.

I'd love Hamhuis to be a surprise addition. He's as solid as they come and has played on the big ice for Canada before.

Price, Luongo and Smith will be the three goalies.

TUSR

Banned
I hope no one anywhere considers Phaneuf to be a 'snub' when he's inevitably not selected.

I'd love Hamhuis to be a surprise addition. He's as solid as they come and has played on the big ice for Canada before.
Phaneuf has been in contention for a roster slot?

Lol!

Heretic

Phaneuf, deservedly or not, is a shoe in, brah

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'll laugh if Kunitz makes the team. Playing well with Crosby / Malkin is not a good reason to make an Olympic team.

I need to check the avs remaining schedule before I decide whether or not I'd like to see how a pissed off Subban plays if he's snubbed.

edit: 1 game in march, I can deal.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Seeing how big of a reaction Ryan's snub caused, seeing Subban get left off the roster would be amusing only for the backlash that would follow.

Acid08

Banned
I'll root for Canada if Duchene makes the team. Does that make me a bad person?
If Vlasic and Couture make it, I'll root for them. I really want the US and Pavs to get Gold but I also hate Dustin Brown enough to forgo my loyalty to this beautiful and righteous country.

Seeing how big of a reaction Ryan's snub caused, seeing Subban get left off the roster would be amusing only for the backlash that would follow.

No way Subban gets left off the team. I would love to see the reasoning for that if it happened. And I think Kunitz is making it ;__;

Holiday

Banned
If the U.S. gets eliminated, then I'll be pulling for Slovakia. A win for Demitra would make my heart sing. After that, let Canada and Pietrangelo win.

Acid08

Banned
Kevin Kurz ‏@KKurzCSN 11m

Couture leaves the ice before practice starts. No Mike Brown, no Tommy Wingels #SJSharks

Fucking shit. Well, if he's injured then we're fucked. List would be:

Couture
Hertl
Wingels
Torres
Havlat
Brown
Burish

Top Bottom