• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

raylen2ueckf.gif

Randy's Comin

Apparently Wild are in a players only meeting that has been going on since they got in the locker room however long ago. The doors have yet to open. Fifteen minutes or so ago.

wtzgU.gif

Well Shit :/ could this be it for Yeo?

Doubt it. Fletcher (GM) says Yeo's job is safe. And it probably should be. It is not his fault that half the team got the mumps or a stomach virus that lost nearly everybody at least 2-3 games. Not his fault that Suter and Parise's dads died in the span of a year. That's just the off ice stuff. Half the team looks complacent and depressed. Not sure what a coach can do to change that up.

Plus, the Wild have players only meetings probably 2-3 times a year after a bad loss. It's not really anything special at this point.

Aside from the length of today's. About 20 minutes and counting.
Michael Russo verified
#mnwild players still meeting 20 minutes after game. Yeo: "if they quit, they wouldn't be in there meeting right now."

Pens decide now is a good time to make it official that Maatta is done for the season. Word has been floating around for a month now that the doctors fucked up his initial shoulder surgery last summer. Our joke of a medical team does it again.

trifelife

The penalties Christopher Higgins has been called for tonight were so soft it's like the refs think he's Burrows or something.

Stupid Tennessee, Official State of Hockey brought to you by Bud Light booooooooo.

Pens decide now is a good time to make it official that Maatta is done for the season. Word has been floating around for a month now that the doctors fucked up his initial shoulder surgery last summer. Our joke of a medical team does it again.

Does Pittsburgh have the same doctors as the WWE?

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Tonight's game pretty much confirmed what I suspected, which is that the Islanders, along with the Lightning, are the worst possible matchup for us. They're a team that we flat out cannot beat with speed, and if we're off our game even a little bit they can slice and dice us easily.

Of course hitting 4 posts in a period and completely missing an empty net doesn't help.

It's also probably not a coincidence that the Islanders completely took over the game around the same time that Stepan came out early in the second. I'm guessing JT Miller goes back to center again on the line with Kreider and St. Louis while Tanner Glass goes back onto the 4th line. This could be a pretty big blow to us. Getting Stepan back earlier in the season was one of the things that starting getting us out of our early season doldrums, so if he's out for a significant amount of time, it could put a damper on all those gains we made in the last month.

Socreges

Banned
The Canucks definitely are within striking distance. NO reason to doubt these guys. I am totally confident they can still finish as low as 27th and get a very good pick.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Whoa. Bernier is married and has a kid. I don't know why that shocks the pants off of me, but it does.
Did you just see this on the app store? I was looking at stuff on my iPad and just saw him on the cover of some magazine with his wife and kid, figured it was too much of a coincidence.

Alucard

Banned
So, I just noticed that Rinne has 29 wins already, and the closest goalkeeper after him has 23. That's super impressive. Any fear of burning out Rinne, or has Nashville been playing their backup to shoulder the load?

Alucard

Banned

Well that's mega disappointing. I hope they'll be able to fix him up properly before the start of training camp in the fall.

Top Bottom