• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Ladies & gents... Steve Simmons

sDeO1HT.png

Future war strategist, this guy.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I was wrong about the bottom six for the Rangers. Turns out it's

Hagelin-D.Moore-Stempniak
Glass-Hayes-Fast

God knows why. Having Glass and Hayes together as a 4th line seems kind of terrifying defensively. At least Fast is there, I guess.

Thankfully, the word on Stepan is that he's day-to-day and will travel to Boston (but most likely won't play). So at least the Tanner Glass Era may be short-lived.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
So it's finally happened I am a fucking old.

These 10pm and afterwards start times are hard for me to manage. By the time the third period rolls around I am most likely in my bed already.

Feels bad man.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Cam Talbot starts tomorrow in Boston.

Hank's probably not going to be happy about that after getting yanked last night.

I think the Monster Hunter n3DS looks a lot better than the Majora's Mask one.

I hope the Canucks are sellers at the deadline. They're still a good team but why fight for a wildcard spot when they can miss the playoffs and plan for the future with a higher pick? I guess the fans, ownership, and the core don't want that, but just look at last night's game. Down a goal in the third, other team puts in their cold backup, and they lose 5-1. I don't think they have the legs to go 60 minutes anymore.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Just bought a Chromebook and whenever I boot it up it opens up Chrome with Trovi search. Must have carried over from my parents shitty computer or something with the synch, this is annoying as hell.

It's not enable in Chrome when I open it up afterwards, and isn't set up as the default search engine, but still pops up once on startup.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

These 10pm and afterwards start times are hard for me to manage. By the time the third period rolls around I am most likely in my bed already.

Feels bad man.
I've been listening to Tears for Fears all day. No regrets.

Samyy

Some Marlies player got suspended for 20 games for substance abuse.

Another bust trying to dope his way out of the ECHL
Brad Ross our 2012 (?) 2nd rounder, traded up for his pick I believe, gave Florida Jimmy Hayes.
Hayes is currently playing on the line with Barkov.
Fun.

bishoptl

Banstick Emeritus
Jack Johnson got fucked HARD by his parents. What a shame.

As Aaron Portzline's Dispatch story reported, Johnson's parents found no shortage of ways to spend his money. They spent hundreds of thousands in upgrades for a house in California. They traveled in style around the country. They upgraded Tina's wedding ring to a six-carat diamond.

On the third page, the Johnsons essentially signed away Jack's NHL contract, giving the lenders permission to use his paychecks towards paying off the debt if needed. (By this point in time, as the Dispatch reported, Johnson was already having 25 percent of his Blue Jackets paychecks garnished to pay off another loan.) The contract is also listed as collateral, on the fourth page, along with Jack's and his father's Ferraris. On the eighth page, Jack's name is signed with a signature that doesn't appear to match his authenticated autographs. The space for his mother's signature is left blank.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member

Feels bad man.

What time do you have to get up in the morning?

I had a game Sunday night at 10:15 and by the time I got home it was almost 1am, then I had to be up at 6.

In March we have a few 11pm games. I love it though and I'm glad to be playing.

Curufinwe

Who was that NCAA beast you guys had? Isn't he playing in the AHL now or something?

He was, but Gostisbehere partially tore his ACL in November. But he's already skating and should be back on the Phantoms in March. I'm sure Hanafin will be gone by the time we draft, but most of Werenski, Kylington, Provorov and Roy will probably be available.

Merguson

Banned
Another bust trying to dope his way out of the ECHL
Brad Ross our 2012 (?) 2nd rounder, traded up for his pick I believe, gave Florida Jimmy Hayes.
Hayes is currently playing on the line with Barkov.
Fun.

To be fair, Ross probably had proper levels of pugnacity, testosterone, truculence and belligerence.

He was, but Gostisbehere partially tore his ACL in November. But he's already skating and should be back on the Phantoms in March. I'm sure Hanafin will be gone by the time we draft, but most of Werenski, Kylington, Provorov and Roy will probably be available.

Ah yeah that's who I was thinking of. Shame about the injury. Hopefully he bounces back well.

I just don't want a stud like Hanifin to end up in some shithole like Edmonton. Buffalo or Carolina or Phoenix are fine I guess. Werenski and Kylington would be fantastic for your team.

Feels bad man.

I'm a night owl in general, but at 31 a 10:30 start time on a weekday is just too much for me. I feel ya Kave.

On my NHL app I have league news checked for notifications.

"St. Louis Blues grant old fat washed up goalie one week of absence."

Yeah that's league news alright.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
What time do you have to get up in the morning?

I had a game Sunday night at 10:15 and by the time I got home it was almost 1am, then I had to be up at 6.

In March we have a few 11pm games. I love it though and I'm glad to be playing.

I get up at 7am on weekdays. I was talking watching hockey, I'm already having it rough from playing hockey when we have 10:45pm start times for hockey school.

I'm a night owl in general, but at 31 a 10:30 start time on a weekday is just too much for me. I feel ya Kave.

My man.

ZeroGravity

There was really no one else out there but Dubnyk? lol

I know he's done well in Phoenix, but it's pretty much for the same reasons as Mike Smith. Neither are very good goaltenders.

Top Bottom