• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

Montresor

So, I just noticed that Rinne has 29 wins already, and the closest goalkeeper after him has 23. That's super impressive. Any fear of burning out Rinne, or has Nashville been playing their backup to shoulder the load?

Rinne has played 37 games (2nd most in the league among goalies) and the backup Carter Hutton has played 6 games. They're leaning heavily on but he's a big money guy and an absolute stud.

Looking at the boxscore for last night, is there any reason, in a 5-1 Nashville win over Vancouver, that the backup started the game and played only 17 minutes, saving 10 out of 10 shots, and then went to the bench for Rinne to play the remaining 42 minutes of the game and earn the win? Did Carter Hutton get injured?

Suter is probably going to be suspended for elbowing Downie last night.

What a turrible season.

Kessel and Phaneuf for Suter and Brodin.

Rinne has played 37 games (2nd most in the league among goalies) and the backup Carter Hutton has played 6 games. They're leaning heavily on but he's a big money guy and an absolute stud.

Looking at the boxscore for last night, is there any reason, in a 5-1 Nashville win over Vancouver, that the backup started the game and played only 17 minutes, saving 10 out of 10 shots, and then went to the bench for Rinne to play the remaining 42 minutes of the game and earn the win? Did Carter Hutton get injured?

Kessel and Phaneuf for Suter and Brodin.

It was reverse. Rinne started it and only let in one goal, then got hit into the boards by somebody (I think? Might have lost footing) and left the game. Backup went in and finished the game without letting in any goals, but because they were winning when Rinne left and still won without him, he was credited with the win.

And your trade proposal is a bit iffy. Add in Tyler Biggs and we will talk.

Curufinwe

All you Colaiacovo fans will be pleased to know he'll be playing tonight with Grossmann and Coburn both out for weeks.

I don't even know what I would do if he does.

Laugh for sure. Possibly cry. Maybe jump to the Flyers or something. Curu does your team have a bandwagon? Is there room?

There's room, but we have Craig Berube as coach I'd look almost anywhere else first.

Did you just see this on the app store? I was looking at stuff on my iPad and just saw him on the cover of some magazine with his wife and kid, figured it was too much of a coincidence.

That is EXACTLY how I found out! I was looking at the guy thinking "Jesus, that looks like Bernier, he's even got the tattoos. What the hell is he doing with a baby?" :lol

that Majora's Mask n3DS XL

heart-attack.jpg

be strong

Ursn

Ducks vs Leafs tonight!

I guess I'm getting the new 3ds. Just preordered the Monster Hunter bundle. Also anyone have an extra one of those demo codes? Club Nintendo seems to hate me.

TUSR

Banned
every thread I go to is Nintendo talk

the new 3ds looks hot

kind of want one, but i dont have many games i want to play besides Waifu Emblem 2

Ducks vs Leafs tonight!

I guess I'm getting the new 3ds. Just preordered the Monster Hunter bundle. Also anyone have an extra one of those demo codes? Club Nintendo seems to hate me.

I don't think its out yet for NA. Im waiting. If I get one I'll give one to you

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Tinordi's dad was just on Montreal radio, he said that Tinordi doesn't have any concussion symptoms and just cut his chin and had some teeth pushed back and that he should play Friday. He also said if he would probably be in the NHL right now if he played in a less demanding market than Montreal. Good to hear he sounds fine, but I'd still like to hear something official from the team doctors, I have a hard time believing he didn't get a concussion from that.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
No Derek Stepan at practice, no callups from Hartford.

So I'm guessing the new lines are going to be:

Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Miller-St.Louis
Hagelin-Hayes-Fast
Glass-D.Moore-Stempniak

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
All Star teams are Foligno vs. Toews.

Drew Doughty and Patrick Kane are assistant captains for Team Foligno.

Rick Nash and Ryan Getzlaf are assistant captains for Team Toews.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Tinordi's dad was just on Montreal radio, he said that Tinordi doesn't have any concussion symptoms and just cut his chin and had some teeth pushed back and that he should play Friday. He also said if he would probably be in the NHL right now if he played in a less demanding market than Montreal. Good to hear he sounds fine, but I'd still like to hear something official from the team doctors, I have a hard time believing he didn't get a concussion from that.

Wish his dad would keep the opinions about where he'd be playing to himself, that will just lead to headaches for Tinordi dealing with the media. He should absolutely be playing in place of Emelin though.

SMH.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Looks like Emelin might be in tonight after all....

7IKwOwZ.gif

Fuck you Therrien.

Wish his dad would keep the opinions about where he'd be playing to himself, that will just lead to headaches for Tinordi dealing with the media. He should absolutely be playing in place of Emelin though.
He didn't seem to say it in a malicious tone insinuating that they've mishandled him, more of a general comment that is pretty obvious to anyone in hockey.

Don't read the comments
This applies to everything on the internet.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Top Bottom