• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

zroid

Banned
G12Zyeg.png

Connor Bust!! :D

Do you guys think he will play for the Leafs next season? My feeling is they'll give him a test run at least to see if he can make an impact, but likely keep him in the AHL for most of the year.

Quick

Banned
kinda like your team until you got decent draft picks right,

Aw shit, another Jets fan?

giphy.gif

Check this out.

Cute as shit, son, that you've got an NHL team back in Winnipeg. Basking in the glory of a mediocre 70s team that's just begging to be relevant in the NHL again.

Just can't wait until the older brothers see what you made from the shit out your ass, huh.

B9LugCv.gif

Just kidding. The Jets fans here have balanced out just fine.

John Shannon on World Cup of Hockey:

Canada, USA, Russia, Finland, Sweden, Czech Republic+team made up of European countries that aren't there+North American team made up of under 24 players. (They get first dibs on the players that age as well.)

calder

Canada, USA, Russia, Finland, Sweden, Czech Republic+team made up of European countries that aren't there+North American team made up of under 24 players. (They get first dibs on the players that age as well.)

Not a fan of those non-nation entries.

zroid

Banned

I know it's not a popular opinion but I don't mind the "best of Europe's rest" team since it just means there will be one more quality team in the tournament. I'm sure those countries won't be too happy about it though.

but the junior team is just stupid, I don't think that's a remotely good idea

Not a fan of those non-nation entries.

I know it's not a popular opinion but I don't mind the "best of Europe's rest" team since it just means there will be one more quality team in the tournament. I'm sure those countries won't be too happy about it though.

It all sounds stupid to me.

For me this bumps it down to the number four slot when it comes to international men's hockey:

1. Olympics
2. World Championships
3. Euro Hockey Tour
4. World Cup of Hockey

Hopefully we'll still have the Olympics.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Back to back shutouts for the Canucks? What?

Wait it was the Flyers and Canes, nvm.

Sounds like I missed a hell of a game in Jets-Hawks lol

zroid

Banned
I was just flipping through the 2013 offseason thread just for fun. The draft lottery discussion was hilarious. Dubbed was ECSTATIC that the Panthers would get MacKinnon with their 2nd overall pick. :lol

edit:

this fucking post
Your team has a lot to be proud of. They're going to be incredibly resilient in the playoffs in future years because of the experience they've earned the past two weeks.
As folks in the playoff thread noted, Boston turned the experience they gained from choking 4 straight games to the Flyers and turned it into a Stanley Cup run the next season.

zroid

Banned
I'm sorry I have to do this to you Kavey

Leafs-GAF I want you all to hold your heads high.

9 agonizing years of no playoffs, no high draft picks, constantly being reminded of LOLeafs, Toronto Make Me Laffs, the Laffs and a million other insults and jokes.

Yet despite all that we did something this season that no one thought we'd be able to accomplish. No it's not making the playoffs or even fighting back against the Bruins. What we did is bring back some respect to the Toronto Maple Leafs organization.

For the first time in 9 years you can be proud of the team we have representing us. I love it, I've always found the louder the haters are the more scared they are of what this team may become. I'm sure none of them will admit it but they look at the team and see the makings of what can hopefully become a strong team in a few years.

These next two off seasons in my opinion are going to be very important to determine what this Leafs team will be able to do going forward. We made the playoffs and we got exposed to what our biggest weaknesses are. It's on Nonis and company to now go out and fix those weaknesses.

The future is bright for the first time in over a decade. We are still a few years away from even having a window but it all begins now.

in the interest of not being a dick, I responded with this so it's not like I'm off the hook
You done good, sir

calder

I could almost handle the "other european" team, but the junior one is just so, so stupid.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
I've been watching Jets games recently.
They are an exciting and charismatic team. Have always liked Buff ever since he destroyed the Canucks, but he's found another level. Pretty awesome.

For the rest of this season, I'm a Jets fan.

Socreges

Banned
I'm sorry I have to do this to you Kavey

in the interest of not being a dick, I responded with this so it's not like I'm off the hook
Oh man you didn't have to do shit.... poor kave....

I've been watching Jets games recently.
They are an exciting and charismatic team. Have always liked Buff ever since he destroyed the Canucks, but he's found another level. Pretty awesome.

For the rest of this season, I'm a Jets fan.
Go back into hiding!

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Okposo scored 4 goals last night? So that's Okposo, Perreault, and Backes with 4 each this year. I can't remember the last time it's happened that often.

Also, Tokarski in tonight. Not surprising, hoping we don't get embarrassed by the Islanders.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Okposo scored 4 goals last night? So that's Okposo, Perreault, and Backes with 4 each this year. I can't remember the last time it's happened that often.

Also, Tokarski in tonight. Not surprising, hoping we don't get embarrassed by the Islanders.

Just hoping it's a fun game like it should be, but we're probably getting shutout by Halak :(

Red_Man

DD officially back at center lmao Therrien is such a fucking retard, Weise is on the top line with Patches and Pleks too. Bergevin needs to trade DD so he can't be used. At least he's not back with Patches.

Red_Man

Markov - Gonchar
Beaulieu - Subban
Emelin - Weaver/Gilbert

On one hand, I like the idea of Subban and Beaulieu playing together. On the other hand, Gonchar is way too old to be on a top pairing. Who was the Philly fan saying Therrien wasn't that bad? Well Weise is on our top line and Gonchar on our top D pairing.

Curufinwe

On one hand, I like the idea of Subban and Beaulieu playing together. On the other hand, Gonchar is way too old to be on a top pairing. Who was the Philly fan saying Therrien wasn't that bad? Well Weise is on our top line and Gonchar on our top D pairing.

Zac Rinaldo had more ES ice time in our last game than the league's top scorer. Berube makes Therien look like a genius.

Cake Boss

Banned

How's Gonchar been for you guys? He was playing top pairing minutes in Dallas and I guess that didn't workout too well for him.

Miss Gonch :(

Red_Man

How's Gonchar been for you guys? He was playing top pairing minutes in Dallas and I guess that didn't workout too well for him.

He's been decent, but that's partly because he's playing with Beaulieu. He's playing 20 mins a night, Therrien needs to take it down a notch or he'll having nothing left for the playoffs.

Red_Man

Patches is 2nd in ES goals since 2011-2012 and 37th in PP goals since then. Unreal, too bad our PP has been a limp dick for 3 seasons now.

I like him. I think he and Nathan worked really well. Sure he's old but experience still helps.

DD at centre? Cmon Therrien. Stop.

Beaulieu and Subban? That could be good.

So it's
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Weise

Galchenyuk-Desharnais-Gallagher

Sekac-Eller-Thomas

Bournvial -Malhotra-Prust

(Parenteau - maintenance)

Markov - Gonchar

Beaulieu - Subban

Emelin - Weaver/Gilbert

Tokarski

MacDonald

Top Bottom