• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

zroid

Banned
Won't be able to watch the Leafs/Blues tonight but I expect the Leafs' PDO to recover. They're still gonna lose though.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Weaver in for Gilbert, Emelin stays in, because Therrien logic. Excited to watch Halak shut us out once again.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's way too soon to tell, but right now I'm still happy with the choice. Having Jones would've addressed our most immediate issue, but we still probably would've lost Stastny and O'Reilly has been less than stellar since getting that contract he so desperately needed. If that's a sign of things to come from him we need to sell high and thank god Mac is here cause Duchene can't carry us. As much as I like him.

It'll be a few years until I can definitively say if I think it was a mistake or not, after Bigras and Siemens have some time in the league. And obviously, knowing where Mac's true ceiling actually is would help.

Hmm...good to hear. I honestly can't say whether I'd have chosen Jones over Mac as well. Guess it's still wait and see.

Now, please give us ROR for Phaneuf/Gardiner + GOAT :O
edit: LOL SAMYY

zroid

Banned
Bozak always wanted to play for the Avs. He played NCAA hockey for University of Denver, after all. Shanny will oblige his wishes, and Roy and Sakic will appreciate his "defensively sound" game.

Red_Man

What a bad time to trade O'Rielly, should have just traded him last year during the contract fiasco when his value was at it's peak.

Edit: Carcillo given option for in person hearing meaning he could get 5+ games. Do it NHL.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
What a bad time to trade O'Rielly, should have just traded him last year during the contract fiasco when his value was at it's peak.

Edit: Carcillo given option for in person hearing meaning he could get 5+ games. Do it NHL.

I think it might have been better to let him go to Calgary. They could've gotten some mighty fine picks in return and 'maybe' could've kept Statsny?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
O'Rielly definitely seems like the kind of player Bergevin would be interested in, but I don't see us having what the Av's want.

At least Gill was a great PKer

O'Rielly for first line centre David Desharnais, and hitting machine Alexei Emelin.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The Rangers have had interest in Ryan O'Reilly every time his name has come up the past couple of years. I imagine they'll still be interested considering how thin we are at center. I also imagine the price tag will be way way too high.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
The Rangers have had interest in Ryan O'Reilly every time his name has come up the past couple of years. I imagine they'll still be interested considering how thin we are at center. I also imagine the price tag will be way way too high.
Aren't you guys up there in the cap ceiling? (RIP Capgeek) what would go back to help their defense?

Red_Man

"there may be no one hotter in the league when it comes to goal scoring than Benoit Pouliot right now"

Sportsnet :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

11 more years.

Edit:

Cox: "I'd argue that if he'd (Pouliot) not been hurt, Eakins might still have his job

:lol :lol :lol :lol Sportsnet :lol :lol :lol

Top Bottom