• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEviT2qc_eg

Steve Dangle has lost it.

Also, what the fuck is going on here.

Then I'm inclined to think it's just a rumour. Canucks aren't dropping a vet dman for prospects in the midst of a playoff push.

Very unlikely the Canucks trade Edler, considering they'd be right back to having just 2 top-4 D on the roster.

That said, IF we were trading him, we'd better be seeing Scherback + 1st and little more.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Then I'm inclined to think it's just a rumour. Canucks aren't dropping a vet dman for prospects in the midst of a playoff push.
That's what I thought was odd about it and why the guy said to take it with a grain of salt. Doesn't really make sense for them right now, maybe that will change closer to the deadline.

That's what I thought was odd about it and why the guy said to take it with a grain of salt. Doesn't really make sense for them right now, maybe that will change closer to the deadline.
Maybe it was actually Bieksa that's the one being discussed. I can definitely see Benning wanting to move him out of town with his declining play.

Red_Man

That said, IF we were trading him, we'd better be seeing Scherback + 1st and little more.
Lmao this is Edler were taking about the only way Scherbak + our 1st is used in a trade is for a guy like Kane or a true #2 D man.

Maybe it was actually Bieksa that's the one being discussed. I can definitely see Benning wanting to move him out of town with his declining play.
I hope not, not interested in him at all.

If the Jake Gardiner + Tyler Bozak for Ryan O'Reilly and Dion Phaneuf for Mike Richards rumours are legitimate, then the Leafs need to make those trades tomorrow.

But, in reality, this team needs to be blown up. Start from next to nothing and use the draft to rebuild. I just wish they would've done it sooner for McDavid. But Stamkos will hopefully sign with us in 2016. That doesn't give the rebuild long enough, though.

Lmao this is Edler were taking about the only way Scherbak + our 1st is used in a trade is for a guy like Kane or a true #2 D man.

I hope not, not interested in him at all.

Sounds like Alex Edler to me. He's a top pairing defensemen on most teams in the league, and he's been playing like one this season. His only horrifying season was last season, and well... Torts.

If the Jake Gardiner + Tyler Bozak for Ryan O'Reilly and Dion Phaneuf for Mike Richards rumours are legitimate, then the Leafs need to make those trades tomorrow.

But, in reality, this team needs to be blown up. Start from next to nothing and use the draft to rebuild. I just wish they would've done it sooner for McDavid. But Stamkos will hopefully sign with us in 2016. That doesn't give the rebuild long enough, though.

How does trading away Gardiner and Phaneuf make your team better? Hell, if Franson walks away in the summer for money, you're basically left with Morgan Reilly and nobody else. And you're only trading Phaneuf's overpriced contract for O'Reilly inevitably overpriced contract.

Red_Man

Sounds like Alex Edler to me. He's a top pairing defensemen on most teams in the league, and he's been playing like one this season. His only horrifying season was last season, and well... Torts.
I wouldn't put him in that category, and Bergevin is big on our youth. He's not trading our 1st and top offensive prospect for anything less than a star player.

Heretic

The gaming side is getting way too hyped. I'm looking forward to the consumer preview of Windows 10/Windows Phone 10, which will likely be what it is mostly about.

I couldn't care less about the gaming aspect of the conference :p If cool stuff is announced then great! I'm on the same boat as you. Hoping for some awesome Windows/WP 10 and maybe XOne integration. Not holding my breath for a new high end phone though... PLEASE BELFIOREEEEEEEEEEEEEE

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
I couldn't care less about the gaming aspect of the conference :p If cool stuff is announced then great! I'm on the same boat as you. Hoping for some awesome Windows/WP 10 and maybe XOne integration. Not holding my breath for a new high end phone though... PLEASE BELFIOREEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Lol, a surprise would be nice. Some sort of unified app store will likely be shown.

Tabris what the goddamn hell is wrong with you.

Who doesn't take pictures of their food? Every meal we have me and my gf take pictures of it.

Do you have photo albums of all the food you've eaten, and you break them out when people are over and wistfully look at really plain meals while bragging about how you paid $20 for it?

holy fuck this guy is annoying

He's parodying Pewdiepie.

Usually he just sounds like Charlie from Always Sunny.

Red_Man

Do you have photo albums of all the food you've eaten, and you break them out when people are over and wistfully look at really plain meals while bragging about how you paid $20 for it?
Found a picture of what he had last night

NwqsK.jpg

Montresor

I cannot muster any excitement for Majora's Mask 3DS. I don't have an appetite for playing massive adventure titles on a mobile platform - would be so wonderful if it was released on Wii U instead.

Calamari41

41 > 38
I have no idea, gotta ask Sammy, he's the resident teenager here

... wait, did someone say After Hours?

sdBtKpz.jpg

(the girl in the middle is obviously a Junior)

Which one of them is Tabris?

Tabris is in the back taking pictures of the room he just fucked that traumatized girl in. Pictured in the forefront are TUSR and Smiley.

I cannot muster any excitement for Majora's Mask 3DS. I don't have an appetite for playing massive adventure titles on a mobile platform - would be so wonderful if it was released on Wii U instead.

I'm with you bro, which is why I am so desperately hoping that Nintendo is moving forward with their "one architecture/OS future." I'll still play through Majora's Mask 3D, but I'll be wishing it were on my tv the whole time.

zroid

Banned
How does trading away Gardiner and Phaneuf make your team better? Hell, if Franson walks away in the summer for money, you're basically left with Morgan Reilly and nobody else. And you're only trading Phaneuf's overpriced contract for O'Reilly inevitably overpriced contract.

Not saying I agree with those deals (I wouldn't move Gardiner if I could help it), but dumping Bozak and Phaneuf's contracts should be top priorities for the Leafs. They desperately need the cap room. ROR would help the team obviously but even if he walks, it'd still be a net gain. Franson needs to be extended though, but if Phaneuf is moved, the Leafs could afford him. Franson is better than Phaneuf anyway so it's fine.

edit: I forgot to mention, I would only move Phaneuf for cap space, so not the Richards deal

After Hours NHL-GAF was unexpected.

I wouldn't trade Gardiner, it's just that his major fuck ups stick out in everyone's mind. And he does seem to be having more of them this year, though I think he has been trying to go in too deep which ends up getting him caught up too often. He plays well with Rielly. I feel if we are on the cusp of rebuilding keep developing our younger talent.

Haven't been watching the Leafs games over the weekend because I started TLOU. It's pretty good. I expected RE4 again and...somewhat got it?

Red_Man

Reway is outpacing Hertl at the same age, PAP has a concussion and Price is back at practice.

LevelNth

Banned
Not saying I agree with those deals (I wouldn't move Gardiner if I could help it), but dumping Bozak and Phaneuf's contracts should be top priorities for the Leafs. They desperately need the cap room. ROR would help the team obviously but even if he walks, it'd still be a net gain. Franson needs to be extended though, but if Phaneuf is moved, the Leafs could afford him. Franson is better than Phaneuf anyway so it's fine.

edit: I forgot to mention, I would only move Phaneuf for cap space, so not the Richards deal
Phaneuf can never be moved for space. Ever. No team will take that on, even if they need/want him, and not give back something cap heavy.

The Richards deal has to be done (if it's real of course). He is more useful to the rebuild than Phaneuf, he has two less years and is 1.25m less I think, and the deal is done primarily to trade the captain.

Don't kid yourselves, the Leafs aren't going to go firesale crazy, but we will not be looking to 'win' trades in any sense of the term. Shanny knows he has 5 years right now, and you either rebuild or you don't, but the decision has to be made now.

And I think he knows this team needs to be rebuilt.

Sanjuro

That's kind of dumb. If we are having a Winter Classic, why aren't the Bruins playing against their real rival, The New York Rangers?

/Bettman

Cake Boss

Banned
Chris Neil and Philoops are back in the line up. This is great for pur tank.

Currently drafting and only 4 pts ahead of NJ, can easily get into top 5.

I want them to blow it up, and trading Phaneuf would get rid of a huge contract. Gardiner keeps making bad decisions and is costing them games anyways.

Sure, the two coming back would have large contracts, but not as big and immovable.

Top Bottom