• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

A Montreal radio guy who never says anything about rumours or anything said last night he heard about a possible deal that would send Edler to Montreal. Said to take it with a hgue grain of salt, I have no idea what the Canucks would want or why they would do that though.

ENJOY BRYAN ALLEN AND EMELIN VANCOUVER

laughing-like-a-king-homer-simpson.gif

Stet

Banned
I just can't think of a scenario where you would take all these photos and post them on the internet unless you were actually alone and went specifically to take those photos

but i won't begin to pretend i understand the inner workings of Tabris' brain

the messed up bed covers omg

"yeah i think this is what it would look like if people had sex here."

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Emelin is playing himself out of the roster and Gonchar is on the second pairing so I wouldn't mind getting Edler..
I don't doubt for a second Bergevin is trying to move Emelin, but he has a limited NTC of 10 teams I believe or something like that, that make's him difficult to move.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I guess that'll be my secret from now on. Just turn the game off when they go down early and let the hockey gods take over. I am legit shook they came back to win that game. And Z gets a hat trick to boot? I want some free curly fries, but I doubt the Arby's here in Seattle will let me redeem that...

fallout

Bob Cole was just awful tonight too. He should have retired 6 years ago. Maybe 10, it's sad.
Over the past few years, I've heard less and less Bob Cole and I'm always a little shocked when I hear him calling a game. I used to complain, but these days, I'm kind of happy for him in a patronizing way. "Good job, Bob! You kind of got that guy's name right."

And yeah, shitty game from the Jets tonight. I feel like that's been happening more often lately, but somehow they keep winning, so who am I to judge? Shit on, Jets. Shit on.

calder

And yeah, shitty game from the Jets tonight. I feel like that's been happening more often lately, but somehow they keep winning, so who am I to judge? Shit on, Jets. Shit on.

Totally agree. They definitely aren't as sharp as they were in November/December when they were playing so well, but they are still winning and getting through their injuries and the toughest part of their schedule. Can't complain about that, but I really hope to see the crisp defensive game come back soon, hopefully when Trouba is back.

ShaneB

Bob Cole still has that legendary appeal in my opinion. Sure he's not the best anymore, but it still feels great to watch a game with him on the call. Of course if he hung it all up, think we all know that would be for the best too.

edit: I do suppose my opinion is swayed because I rarely get to hear him these days.

zroid

Banned
I need to remember to catch the Marlies/Bulldogs game this week. Nylander's AHL debut.

he's gonna light up Hudon!

zroid

Banned
apparently the historical frequency that a given team will be shutout 3 times in a 4 game stretch is once every 4800 games

Tabris

It's really weird how you guys lurk on everything I post :p

Who doesn't take pictures of their food? Every meal we have me and my gf take pictures of it. And the hotel we took pictures because it was very posh. Got some cool pictures of the entire suite but didn't post those. I have some other pictures we took that I can't post here :p

Razorskin

----- ------

Who doesn't take pictures of their food? Every meal we have me and my gf take pictures of it. And the hotel we took pictures because it was very posh. Got some cool pictures of the entire suite but didn't post those. I have some other pictures we took that I can't post here :p

It's After Hours, you can totally post them.

Acid08

Banned

uh, most people here didn't even know you had posted that until it got linked.

trifelife

Windows Phone ayy lmao

Does Windows Phone even have Line, how are you going to talk to your waifus

Yo but really though, NHL-GAF Line group chat someone should set it uppppp

Socreges

Banned
Based on what Canucks fans say here, he seems to be their best guy and he would really solidify our top 4 D. This guy isn't one to just through out stuff like this, so it's interesting he let this one out.
I'm sure someone here holds that opinion, but the consensus would probably go toward Hamhuis and our actual best dman is Tanev. Edler has had a really solid season, though. He's not as physical as he once was, unfortunately, but is probably more well-rounded. Being paired with Tanev seems to work well for him.

I'd love for us to trade Edler... for youth, prospects or picks. Unfortunately given the attitude of this organization and their place in the standings it would probably be vet for vet, and likely just another dman, which seems silly.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
we had a podcast once

... yeah...
I'd be down for starting this again even though were half way through the season.

I'm sure someone here holds that opinion, but the consensus would probably go toward Hamhuis and our actual best dman is Tanev. Edler has had a really solid season, though. He's not as physical as he once was, unfortunately, but is probably more well-rounded. Being paired with Tanev seems to work well for him.

I'd love for us to trade Edler... for youth, prospects or picks. Unfortunately it would probably be vet for vet, which would not be much help.
If the Habs did trade for him we don't have any vets we would be sending, it would be more like a Hudon / Andrighetto offensive prospect, pick, player like Bournival.

Socreges

Banned
I'd be down for starting this again even though were half way through the season.

If the Habs did trade for him we don't have any vets we would be sending, it would be more like a Hudon / Andrighetto offensive prospect, pick, player like Bournival.
Then I'm inclined to think it's just a rumour. Canucks aren't dropping a vet dman for prospects in the midst of a playoff push.

Top Bottom