• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Phaneuf played rough and tough and laid his body on Michalek with clean hits, and the whole time Michalek had the puck.

Michalek retaliated by spearing Phaneuf and then willingly dropped his gloves. If you frame it from that perspective, then it seems more reasonable - I don't think this is a case of big bad Phaneuf picking on someone unfairly.

I don't even care, Michalek is playing like shit this season so he deserves his ass getting kicked.

That said, the spear was a retaliation to Phaneuf slew footing him, and Phaneuf pretty clearly kneed Michalek while wailing on him, Dion's not exactly innocent.

Montresor

Well god damn me - they're saying Phaneuf did a slewfoot on Michalek. Ehh... Didn't really look like that to me but I'll concede that point.

Whatever, Leafs are still well on their way to losing badly - again.

This is going to be 13 losses in 16 games, right?

Montresor

I don't even care, Michalek is playing like shit this season so he deserves his ass getting kicked.

That said, the spear was a retaliation to Phaneuf slew footing him, and Phaneuf pretty clearly kneed Michalek while wailing on him, Dion's not exactly innocent.

I didn't notice the slewfoot until the Sportsnet panel mentioned it.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
Good to see everything is going according to plan!

Shhhh shut up! Feeling good about it means they'll pull off some stupid win 5 out of 8 bullshit near the end of the season.

Actually although I don't think they will make any major changes until the offseason...I feel like anyone we move out to get someone else will make this team better even if we are shedding contracts for picks.

Montresor

Yeah take another look. They even mentioned it on the Panel.

Bleegh, I don't want to argue incessantly about this, but I'm pretty sure they didn't say anything about Phaneuf kicking Michalek when he was down. They talked about Phaneuf slewfooting (tripping) Michalek.

*shrug*

I wonder who the Leafs' most tradeable assets are.

I would assume their young players and prospects are untouchable (Kadri, Gardiner, Reilly, Nylander)

And probably Kessel, JVR, and Bernier.

Phaneuf is their captain and a decent top-pairing defenceman, but that contract will be hard to trade. No way they win any trade they make, and it'll be very hard to replace his minutes.

But I assume everyone else is available?

Acid08

Banned
I wonder how they'll change the name.

Calgary's AHL team is apparently going to be moved to Stockton too. Stockton isn't really in the Bay Area but they're local enough. So looks like we'll have an NHL, two AHL, and an ECHL team in the area next year.

Oh man, that whole sequence leading up to Chicago's first goal was masterful. Hawks are looking great so far tonight (and last night) -- how do they do that? How do they flip from a pathetic pile of sad mediocrity to a top shelf team so easily/frequently? Make up your damn mind and stick with it, Hawks

2015 is the year of the tank.

Indeed.

OtherSports1__SAP_Center_.jpg

SharkTank_2012_600px.jpg

Top Bottom