• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

Marvie_3

Banned
The degree of joy saying his name brings to me cancels out how much I care about his sometimes iffy performances

Here's an old comic for you:

jxxRbyZKHbTpj.jpg

Bahahaha, that comic is fantastic

Man I wish I would have gotten into hockey years ago. I can't imagine the quantity of jokes/moments/crazy shit I've missed

Oh well though - at least I'm in it now. This sport is so goddam cool

Wait what the fuck is going on in the Hawks/Penguins game right now? I grabbed a beer and missed the specifics - but from what I can piece together the official game clock broke?

Oh my god, it happened again? loooool

Does this happen often? Because I can't fathom how a multi-billion dollar industry fucks up a goddam clock in the year of the lord your god two thousand and fifteen

zroid

Banned
Oh my god, it happened again? loooool

Does this happen often? Because I can't fathom how a multi-billion dollar industry fucks up a goddam clock in the year of the lord your god two thousand and fifteen

not hockey, but the shot clock broke at the ACC (same building the Leafs play at) in one of the Raptors' playoff games last year. That was embarrassing :lol

Holy shit Zack Rinaldo seems like the biggest douchebag ever based on the locker room interview clip of him from... yesterday, i guess, after he cross checked a fool

not hockey, but the shot clock broke at the ACC (same building the Leafs play at) in one of the Raptors' playoff games last year. That was embarrassing :lol

Jesus. How close do they get to accurately estimating the amount of time left? Isn't there an official rule that games which don't run through full regulation are invalid?

Reminiscent

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/zac-rinaldo-s-got-jokes-about-ejection-for-kris-letang-hit-070154891.html

Here's a link to an article about Zac Rinaldo. Contains the Vid and some text on what he says.
“I was going pretty fast. I think the impact of me hitting him sent them up a little bit. If you slow down any hit, you see guys every single hit [doing something] that can be criticized.

I don’t think they should slow it down and dissect every little thing.”
All those quotes combined with his cockamamie stocking hat. The fraternity life is only supposed to last four years at most, broj

Seriously... "I changed the whole game, man". What the hell are you doing as a professional athlete making hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars a year if you aren't affecting every game you are playing in? What a dumbass

Reminiscent

All those quotes combined with his cockamamie stocking hat. The fraternity life is only supposed to last four years at most, broj

Seriously... "I changed the whole game, man". What the hell are you doing as a professional athlete making hundreds of thousands to millions of dollars a year if you aren't affecting every game you are playing in? What a dumbass

I am a diehard pens fan, but last night the game made me sick on BOTH sides.

I was watching the game wondering, "how long will it be until someone else gets hurt?"

I know I'm a day late but wow at those Phili-Pit highlights, I couldn't tell if there was a hockey game or a fight night.

If either team needs an enforcer Carcillo might (hopefully) need a new job soon....

The fact that it's not Dallas @ Minnesota seems like a huge missed opportunity.

Yep

hard to sell, I guess. Seems most of these outdoor games have at least one big market participant.

Disagree. It wouldn't be about the current teams at all, the storylines would all revolve around the North Stars, a team that no longer exists. It is a forced 'rivalry' that quite frankly most here would not care about.

Now, that would change if the Stars decided to come out with uniforms reminiscent of the North Stars. Minnesota fans that I know get pretty touchy about the subject, and if the Stars were to come back up here for an outdoor big stage game with uniforms belonging to a team that isn't even theirs, there would honestly probably be a lot of bad blood. It would be the type of PR that the NHL would rather not have, IMO. It would not be good for anybody.

Nobody cares about Dallas.

This answer works too.

Some news about the Stadium Series game:
Besides the outdoor game, which will feature the Wild and Chicago Blackhawks according to NBC Sports Network’s Bob McKenzie, and accompanying alumni game, the Wild’s will attempt to have Hockey Day Minnesota the weekend before. It also will weigh and measure bringing the American Hockey League-affiliate Iowa Wild in for a game.
As has been reported many times, Craig Leipold’s ultimate goal is to host the actual Winter Classic. As has been reported many times, the NHL has thus far told the Wild owner that he needs to be patient. Leipold has been so adamant about his desire to host, he declined the chance for the Wild to be the visitor against Washington.

A few years ago, Leipold also declined the stadium series games because he wanted the main event. However, Leipold has since changed his mind and informed Commissioner Gary Bettman awhile ago that he would be willing to host a stadium series game as long as it helps his eventual objective – to host a Winter Classic.
Haha:
As for the stadium-series game, the NHL originally wanted the Wild to play the Dallas Stars. The Wild requested the Blackhawks. According to MacKenzie’s report, the Wild got the Blackhawks.

Foggy

Whoa, BJs start Josh Anderson on the 1st line tonight. It's only his 4th game and he's impressing virtually everyone. Plays a lot like a Boone Jenner and it'll be glorious when Jenner finally heals up.

Whoa, great goal from Wheeler

zroid

Banned
Clarkson with the aggressive screen. This might be Clarktard's best game as a Leaf.

edit: wait the goal was credited to Clarkson?? ........i dont even know

Vman

Evidently the Wild declined to play in this years winter classic (Caps vs. Hawks) because they want to host it. Interesting that the league offered that to us.

Vman

Wait what? Awesome! Is this basically winter classic 2.0? And why are the Hawks in TWO exclusive outdoor games this season?

The game is next season, and the stadium series games have been going on for the past couple years. They are just special games played outside without the hype of the winter classic.

Top Bottom