• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
B7-A_tPCEAAdZPv.png

I find this strangely attractive

zroid

Banned
Noodles is defending Clarkson :lol

I knew this would happen.

That said, he's arguing that Clarkson is tradeable, and if he thinks that, it wouldn't surprise me if some GMs do as well.

imBask

Banned
Noodles is defending Clarkson :lol

I knew this would happen.

That said, he's arguing that Clarkson is tradeable, and if he thinks that, it wouldn't surprise me if some GMs do as well.

Bob Gainey is always somewhere, waiting for a dumb call to make

imBask

Banned
if you've been there once, why would you even bother going again? it's terrible, everything about it is terrible... i'd also choose to be "hurt" the second time around and stay with my family for a nice little break

Even as a child I thought the all-star game itself (MLB, NBA, NHL) was pretty useless.

However, I've always enjoyed the skills comps.

LA & Toronto should swap Richards and Clarkson.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I wish Price had just shut himself down for the week and Tokarski had played the Nashville game. I couldn't care less if we didn't have any players there and it would only be helpful for him to get a weeks worth of rest.

Red_Man

McKenzie saying Habs one of the many teams that would love to add Vermette. Not sure how that happens since he's a C unless DD is traded or moved to wing again.

Or Subban and Turris

Or Prust and Karlsson

Should I keep going?
Lumping in Subban with Cowen & Prust

:lol :lol :lol

zroid

Banned
Apparently the Sens score adjusted CF% without Phillips and Neil in the lineup is like 55%. Not a huge sample size, but damn.

A lot of teams will be interested in Vermette. He's a solid 2C, his cap hit is very good ($3.75M) and is a pending UFA. He could get what Vanek got last year (a prospect and a 2nd rounder).

Yawnier

Banned
“(Eichel) is a nice kid,” Cherry said. “But you guys have made him up ... who is going to be No. 1? These guys, what are they smoking? Nice kid, but there is no comparison with McDavid.

“I have seen (McDavid) since he was 15 and you could see right off the bat he had that magic. I think he will (make an impact in the NHL right away). They will be running him and he has to expect that, but I think he will be like (Jason) Spezza and (Steven) Stamkos. Not quite as big as those guys but he has those magic hands and that is what you have to have.”

Grapes!!!

Red_Man

A lot of teams will be interested in Vermette. He's a solid 2C, his cap hit is very good ($3.75M) and is a pending UFA. He could get what Vanek got last year (a prospect and a 2nd rounder).
This is what McKenzie said they were asking for, but since so many PO teams are interested they're going to try and drive the price up until the deadline.

Socreges

Banned
Wins another car and $50000 charity to his name? I wouldn't mind being picked last. :)
For a guy that makes $8m a year, I feel like he might be more inclined to avoid the doubled, public humiliation than earn money for charity or a car he'll pay taxes on and never drive.

What was Don Cherry's dumbass doing a few years back when guys like Patrick Kane and Eric Johnson were going first overall? I imagine he had a massive meltdown, yeah?

This is what McKenzie said they were asking for, but since so many PO teams are interested they're going to try and drive the price up until the deadline.

I thought Vanek was one of the biggest fish at last year's trade deadline and the Habs underpaid for him (and blindsided everyone in the process).

Red_Man

I thought Vanek was one of the biggest fish at last year's trade deadline and the Habs underpaid for him (and blindsided everyone in the process).
I don't doubt Bergevin will make a push, but he's not going to give up a 1st rounder or blue chip prospect for him. He has a lot of options at the trade deadline, it will be interesting to see what he does.

Top Bottom