• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
So much news.

Cakey's boner over Greening
Phaneuf down
Richards era is over.

I'm not sure what kind of deal Lombardi got offered, but he has to keep in mind the penalty that the Kings AND the team Richards goes to ends up taking if he retires early. TAKE FUCKING CLARKSON YOU FUCKING FUCK! >: (

DK34Ok6.png

tumblr_m0fqo63occ1r5sqx6.gif

Every Leafs fan right now:

OluVuiV.gif

I don't think even the Oilers are that stupid. If they are going to trade Hall for a package that includes a goalie it would have to be one of the calibre that Schneider was when he was traded.

Yeah you don't trade Hall for an up-and-coming goalie, they already have two of them in Fasth and Scrivens. It would have to be a bonafide starter if they're trading Hall.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Yeah you don't trade Hall for an up-and-coming goalie, they already have two of them in Fasth and Scrivens. It would have to be a bonafide starter if they're trading Hall.
The only player the Senators have worth trading for Hall is Karlsson, who they obviously wouldn't give up.

Samyy

Taylor Hall is a beast, on any team but the Oilers he would get so much better recognition.
Top 10 winger in the NHL IMO.

I would absolutely not accept Lazar, a 8-12 range 1st round pick and Lehner.

Red_Man

You do know that the sens are offering a package of players and not a 1for1 trade right?
Still doesn't matter, Sens don't have enough impact players to put a package together worth a guy like Hall, unless they included Karlsson.

Taylor Hall is a beast, on any team but the Oilers he would get so much better recognition.
Top 10 winger in the NHL IMO.

I would absolutely not accept Lazar, a 8-12 range 1st round pick and Lehner.
Exactly. Hall is a franchise player, that entire package is a gamble.

Samyy

Hall put up 80 points, in 75 games as a 22 year old all wasted on the freaking Oilers

That format looks like war-on-ice.com

Cake Boss

Banned
Still doesn't matter, Sens don't have enough impact players to put a package together worth a guy like Hall, unless they included Karlsson.

So you're saying of old man Murray were to pick up the phone and offer Cody Ceci, Bobby Ryan, Mika Zibinejad and this years top 10 pick for Hall, then that's not a worthy package?

Get out of my face.

:lol wouldn't even do Hall for Karlsson.

#1 Dman > 1st line Winger

Red_Man

So you're saying of old man Murray were to pick up the phone and offer Cody Ceci, Bobby Ryan, Mika Zibinejad and this years top 10 pick for Hall, then that's not a worthy package?

Get out of my face.

:lol wouldn't even do Hall for Karlsson.

#1 Dman > 1st line Winger
I'm saying Murray would never offer that, and he doesn't have a realistic offer that Edmonton would take for Hall unless they're retarded which at this point is possible I suppose.

Holy fuck Tom Kostopoulous is in the AHL All-star game.
I saw him announced for it a couple weeks back and was shocked he was still playing :lol

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Looks like no decision is being made on the Rangers-Islanders game until tomorrow morning.

If they postpone it, both teams have Wednesday off with home games on Thursday, so it's an easy make up.

Cake Boss

Banned
I'm saying Murray would never offer that, and he doesn't have a realistic offer that Edmonton would take for Hall unless they're retarded which at this point is possible I suppose.

See that I agree with.

But I am not sure many teams have the pieces for a Hall trade that they will feel comfortable trading away.

In these trades you're always giving up the best player and hoping to get depth in other areas to cover for your weaknesses, see Seguin, Spezza, Ryan, Nash etc.

Red_Man

Rinaldo gets 8 games.

That I agree with.

But I am not sure many teams have the pieces for a Hall trade that they will feel comfortable trading away.

In these trades you're always giving up the best player and hoping to get depth in other areas to cover for your weaknesses, see Seguin, Spezza, Ryan, Nash etc.
Which is why they shouldn't trade him. They won't win any trade unless they get a guy like Subban or Karlsson which GM's wont move. Thinking of moving Hall is a joke.

Curufinwe

Best case scenario is White plays really well and Laughton is healthy by the time Rinaldo can return. Then Zac takes his talents to Lehigh Valley.

Cake Boss

Banned
Rinaldo gets 8 games.

Which is why they shouldn't trade him. They won't win any trade unless they get a guy like Subban or Karlsson which GM's wont move. Thinking of moving Hall is a joke.

Agree.

Their thinking is probably he's gonna get us the most back in a trade, which is a dumb way to think.

Or maybe he wants out.

Curufinwe

He is such a fucking idiot. I hope I never see him in a Flyers sweater again.

He's dumb as rocks, by what he said wasn't a response to someone saying Are you glad you injured Letang?

The reporter just remarked on how many fights there were in the second period, and Rinaldo took credit for the game going that way.

Top Bottom