• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

Yawnier

Banned
SAb3IdS.gif

Arcobello #1 Center

You think he is any better than Tyson Bozak?

Stasis

Living in Montreal I can tell you that the delusion is real up there in Quebec City. According to many "journalist", the Panthers are about to move to Quebec any time now

It's real down in Montreal too, lol. I've encountered quite a few people who are convinced it's happening. Not the most hockey-savvy people in the world, but still.

No offense to any old Nordiques' fans, but I'm gonna laugh my ass off if a team is moved elsewhere and/or expansion teams go to other cities.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Apparently Milwaukee is building a new basketball stadium so Seattle is unlikely to get a Basketball team... which means they're also unlikely to get an NHL team? I dunno, that's the reasoning.

... I want Seattle to get an expansion team tho. Vancouver-Seattle rivalry AND cheap tickets :/

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Apparently Milwaukee is building a new basketball stadium so Seattle is unlikely to get a Basketball team... which means they're also unlikely to get an NHL team? I dunno, that's the reasoning.

... I want Seattle to get an expansion team tho. Vancouver-Seattle rivalry AND cheap tickets :/

Doesn't Milwaukee already have a basketball team? Don't see why that would affect Seattle getting a new basketball team one way or the other.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Doesn't Milwaukee already have a basketball team? Don't see why that would affect Seattle getting a new basketball team one way or the other.

I think the rumour was that Milwaukee's team would move to Seattle, so the arena would be confirmed for sports use or something.

I know I asked this question not that long ago, but what is the name of that gif maker software that you just drag it over your screen and record it?

Marvie_3

Banned

NBA will probably expand

WTF where did you see this projection? Might want to buy a lot of US mutual funds at the price now. Kicking myself for going Canada last time....fuuuuuuuuu

I think it was Goldman Sachs. Jeff Blair was interviewing Paul Godfrey about the realities of running a team in a Canadian market when the CAD is weak (big markets are fine, smaller markets better have a committed owner).

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Nash-Brassard-Zuccarello
Kreider-Stepan-St.Louis
Hagelin-Hayes-Fast
Glass-D.Moore-Miller

McDonagh-Girardi
Staal-Boyle
Hunwick-Klein

Lundqvist

John Moore has now been scratched for 11 of the last 17. I feel like he really lost his way after the two suspensions. Probably a lack of confidence in his game after hurting guys with shitty plays twice in a span of something like a dozen games played between the playoffs and start of the season. I'd say he might be good trade bait, but we really need that defensive depth. There's not much left on the depth chart that's NHL-ready after J.Moore.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
The reminds me a bit of the first period of the last game we played with the Isles a couple weeks ago.

You know, the one we lost 3-0.

The first was pretty electric in that one too with a serious playoff feel before the wheels completely fell off the wagon in the second.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Isles already up to 10 SOG.

Rangers still have no answer for how to slow them down. First goal feels like just a matter of time right now.

Stasis

Looking like a playoff game between these two again...

Hopefully we win this, or it's at least close. A playoff series vs. the Isles both scares and excites the shit out of me lol. It'd be nuts.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Now that they're back to being a competitive playoff caliber team, it really just intensifies the rivalry that's always been there. Missed this. We just need to win one lol.

Yeah, it really really wants to be a rivalry this season, but it's been a really lopsided one so far. We need to change that.

Top Bottom