• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

What the heck happened to him? He disappeared without a trace

I remember last year he was in Florida until Luongo got traded there. He immediately wanted out and got traded to Dallas. The Stars' backup is Lindback now so I guess Thomas wasn't re-signed.

Bryzgalov is starting goalie for Anaheim tonight.

I was wondering how many games Andersen was going to play. He's started 26 of the last 27 games.

Not sure why Minnesota didn't sign Bryz.

Now I feel bad about Carlyle, too. I feel sorry for the loss of his family member (I didn't know), as well as the credit card and back issues.

He just wasn't a good fit with the Leafs' youngsters and a change was needed because he lost the room.

I wish him well in his real life, and would have regardless of whether he was fired or not. He does seem like a pretty good guy.

Nonis asking him to drive through a storm for an 8am meeting, when it'd be 5 hours from Sudbury, was pretty fucking rude.

zroid

Banned
I for one am shocked that he would single out just Feschuk about this.

I mean how could he single out Feschuk who writes such great things about him like:

or

or

That man is a dipshit. I read that PPP post about him this morning. Eye-opening.

In other news, Mirtle went off on Canadian D-list celebrity Shaun Majumder today :lol

BtB6pLv.png

xIsJl6K.png

E7osW1n.png

NF8Cdop.png

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
I don't recall any fans stating that they outright HATE Carlyle. Shoot him out of a cannon jokingly of course, but not hate him. He seems like a decent guy and it sucks to hear about the personal stuff happening to him so soon after being fired, but I guess there's the bad news comes in 3 saying.

Despite all that, I still think the right decision was made. All the jokers out there 'hurr durr NOW you'll see the Leafs play just as bad and it wasn't the coach'.

1. It takes time for a system change to truly take effect
2. We didn't have the players to play the type of system Carlyle wanted. We can't clear the slot, our forwards were too far up the ice and didn't provide support, they didn't backcheck hard, and we ALLOWED lots of shots from the point
3. We have bad players and we have players in positions they shouldn't be in and this needs to change.

We're still a bubble team and I still see us just missing the playoffs, but eh, maybe we'll get lucky and get McDavid
and then have the media ruin him

yyzjohn

Banned
Nyquist fined for embellishment... lel

wow apparently Carlyle's brother in law died today. that's some... shit timing.

Carlyle as a person seems like a decent, hard working guy, have no problems with his personality like I did with Ron Wilson. His coaching may be an issue in today's game, but as a person he's good people. Sad news for sure.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
With the Caps turning it on lately...maybe we should've gotten Trotz instead? Not sure this group would fit into his style either, but eh....

I call a loss by one goal but I hope I'm wrong.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Wait...I didn't know...

Long ceremony before puck drop?!

We fucked....

edit: Romansuck as well? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

zroid

Banned
man I can't wait for all the hot takes from the media tomorrow about the coaching change based on the results of one game

Montresor

Clarkson on the PP. Hah. Just imagine putting Panik, or Booth, or Trevor Smith on the PP. This is what you're doing when you put Clarkson on the PP. He is a borderline 4th liner who just happens to be paid like a second liner. No doubt there is a huge problem with this roster...sigh.

Top Bottom