• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

Here's something interesting for Sharks, Rangers, and Caps fans:

Barclay Goodrow, Dan Boyle, Kevin Hayes, and Brooks Laich are among the best in the league at suppressing the conversion rate of shot attempts into scoring chances. In other words, the % of shot attempts against while they are on the ice which are legit scoring chances is low.

Everyone else in the top 14 in this category plays for either Nashville or Florida

Hurray for healthy Brooks Laich.

Also:

B6uKmB7CAAERaRK.jpg:large

I posted that when it was 1-0 Oilers after one period. And you know the Oilers as well as I do. Saying they're "probably going to win", at any point, is laughable.

It only took an end of the game 4 minute PP and the Oilers scoring on themselves for us to win the game.

I guess they really do try everything to lose, including putting it in there own net with a minute left.

calder

ISS posted their updated draft rankings.

Code:
Rank	Player	Position	Birth	        Shot	 Height Weight	Team	  League
1	McDavid, Connor	C	1/13/1997	L	6.00.75	195	Erie	OHL
2	Eichel, Jack	C	10/28/1996	R	6.02	196	Boston University	H.E.
3	Crouse, Lawson	LW	6/23/1997	L	6.04	211	Kingston	OHL
4	Hanifin, Noah	LD	1/25/1997	L	6.02.75	203	Boston College	H.E.
5	Rantanen, Mikko	RW	10/29/1996	L	6.04	195	TPS Turku	FinE
6	Werenski, Zach	RD	7/19/1997	L	6.02	206	Michigan	BigTen
7	Strome, Dylan	C	3/7/1997	L	6.03	187	Erie	OHL
8	Barzal, Mathew	C	5/26/1997	R	5.11.25	175	Seattle	WHL
9	Marner, Mitchell	C  5/5/1997	R	5.11	155	London	OHL
10	Provorov, Ivan	LD	1/13/1997	L	6.00	191	Brandon	WHL

Calamari41

41 > 38
I'll see what I can do! They go on sale during the game tomorrow and I gave my tickets away. If there are any left over I'll do my best to get you one. Size?

I'm not going to be able to make it to another game until the 16th. Let us know what the stock levels are looking like whenever you get there. I need to replace my white home jersey since my team signed one from the 90s has a big bbq sauce stain on it.

zroid

Banned
Winnik-Kadri-Kessel did pretty well in a small sample size. Then first sign of trouble Randy broke them up. If Santorelli could play LW that would be the ideal top line for me, but ah well.

:lol

Michael Russo verified
Yeo has stopped practicing and laying into the team #mnwild
Koivu just left ice hurt. Smashed stick in half twice as he left.He's been dealing with a lower body injury & seemed to aggravate it #mnwild
Yeo now skating the heck out of the #mnwild without pucks #herbies
Yeo is going nuts in practice. Just slammed his stick in the middle of a scrum; screaming his head off. #mnwild
Yeo just stormed off the ice after slamming his stick against the glass #mnwild.
#mnwild continuing practice without Yeo. Assistant GM Brent Flahr and director of hockey admin Shep Harder left stands when Yeo left ice
Kuemper just left the ice sick or hurt it appears. #mnwild
Assistant coach Rick Wilson having one on ones with veterans now like Matt Cooke and Thomas Vanek. Asst coaches running practice #mnwild

#wheelsfallingoffbus

Cleary for Sutter.

He's a great locker-room guy I heard and just what you need to right that ship and get everyone back in line, a one of a kind leader.

Travis Yost's tweet about MSM critics not thinking about things for more than 4 minutes really rang true as I listened to McLean and Kypreos claim the Leafs roster has been 'uncoachable' for 5 years. And again when I heard Jeff Blair's fill-in attack Greg Wyshynski for not blaming the players.

zroid

Banned
Travis Yost's tweet about MSM critics not thinking about things for more than 4 minutes really rang true as I listened to McLean and Kypreos claim the Leafs roster has been 'uncoachable' for 5 years. And again when I heard Jeff Blair's fill-in attack Greg Wyshynski for not blaming the players.

the more I listen to professional "analysts", the more it rings true. few actually analyze anything.

say what you want about analytics bloggers but at least they do their homework and actually base their opinions on hard evidence.

Top Bottom