• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

Well its all the media ever talks about, so yea I guess idiot fans think they're being smart by bringing that stuff up.

Its really why I think I've embraced the analytic's side so strongly, anything is better then looking through the lens of "compete".

Nobody has mentioned that maybe Randy was just a shitty teacher.

Every coach wants their players to compete, pay attention to detail, practice defensive responsibility and have great puck possession.

Some coaches just suck at teaching that.

And maybe Randy's system was a detriment to everything he preached.

zroid

Banned
Well its all the media ever talks about, so yea I guess idiot fans think they're being smart by bringing that stuff up.

Its really why I think I've embraced the analytic's side so strongly, anything is better then looking through the lens of "compete".

Exactly, and what constitutes "analytics" is continually evolving. These are the only people doing legitimate analysis and research into improving our understanding of the game. Everyone else is just talking out of their ass most of the time.

Samyy

Nobody has mentioned that maybe Randy was just a shitty teacher.

Every coach wants their players to compete, pay attention to detail, practice defensive responsibility and have great puck possession.

Some coaches just suck at teaching that.

And maybe Randy's system was a detriment to everything he preached.

"But he won a cup! (whispers) and is nice to us and gives us good quotes" - TO Media

and therefore:

"RANDY IS A GREAT COACH BLUGHGHGHG" - TO Fans

Exactly, and what constitutes "analytics" is continually evolving. These are the only people doing legitimate analysis and research into improving our understanding of the game. Everyone else is just talking out of their ass most of the time.

If only more of Tyler Dellow's stuff was still available, it was a great example of marrying analytics to video to show a complete picture of what goes right/wrong in different situations.

Merguson

Banned
Speaking of Tyler Dellow, apparently he isn't with the Oilers organization anymore. They let him go.

EDIT: Already beaten.

Wasn't that a rumour?
Was it ever confirmed?

Otherwise I would think his work would be back up, unless hes interviewing or something with other teams.

We probably won't ever know until Dellow resurfaces.

It's just not significant enough for anyone to "confirm" unless we're talking the Toronto Maple Leafs here.

Officer Bob is on the case for four more years.

29.7m, 7.426m per year average.

Think of all the blow he can get.

iuOOFC2.gif

Foggy

Officer Bob is on the case for four more years.

29.7m, 7.426m per year average.

DIG IT!!! Maybe the plummeting ruble took away a lot of leverage for a protracted negotiation that a lot of people were forecasting. Regardless, I dig it!

tumblr_mvesm9lMJN1rsn8kwo1_500.jpg

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

You kids and your damn math!

Back in my day math was something those nerds would do. Keep your math out of my sports you nerd!

It may sound stupid, but it's a serious question to those people playing pond hockey:
How do you fix the ice at the end of the day?
Poor a bucket of water over the ice and wait for the next morning?

I just wasted like 7 hours today playing Dark Souls 2. I feel bad because I did nothing all day. Dark Souls 2 makes me more stressed out on the same level as Michel Therrien's coaching does

"The NHL always wants to be the pioneer in connecting with the youth while showcasing that in several different ways," Fillion said. "We wanted to make sure that this mindset translated onto the ice and into the uniform. The inspiration for us was to complement the League's direction to where it is going as a brand and be able to create a design and uniform that would fit that direction and look."

lol

Quick

Banned
It's looks like bold shit to me. Or just Shit.

I hate the jersey.
Edit: Nashville is Numbero One overall.. What..

Nashville's is pretty good, I think. I like the creativity put into it (guitar string on the numbers, piano on the inside collar, mustard yellow as a callback to their old third jersey). Too much piping though. It basically uses the old St. Louis template.

And speaking of good jerseys, the Blue Jackets have a pretty good overall design on their brand (jersey, logos). It's really baffling that the NHL didn't take ANY inspiration from them at all for the jerseys.

Gonna repost this gif again, because it's perfect.

giphy.gif

Top Bottom