• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2015 |OT| A team wearing the Maple Leaf won something at the ACC

Cake Boss

Banned
And we are about to be passed by Boston and Florida and fall out of playoff contention. Book It™

Shut up you'll make the playoffs, stop being such a drama queen. If I didn't know any better I would have thought your team was the Oilers with the way you talk about them.

They are a first round exit waiting to happen though ;)

zroid

Banned
Reading an interesting article on scouting (and why it often sucks) http://thehockeywriters.com/the-nhl-has-a-scouting-problem/

One of the points made is they conducted a study to determine how well teams have drafted compared to using simple stats-based algorithms to make selections and in most cases (19/30) the algorithms would have led to more successful drafting.

(unsurprisingly giving too much preference to size is a big problem)

Shut up you'll make the playoffs, stop being such a drama queen. If I didn't know any better I would have thought your team was the Oilers with the way you talk about them.

They are a first round exit waiting to happen though ;)

We are the Oilers of the East!!!

Seriously though, team has been way too inconsistent lately and the Bruins/Panthers are making a huge push right now, same with Washington and the Rags.

Delryk

Nylander got recalled by the Leafs.

But he's probably spending the rest of the season in the AHL.

yep. under 40 games so Leafs saving a pro year contract :) good move!

B7J73aKIcAIoOek.jpg:large

lol.

Syrinx

Eric Staal reportedly will not waive his no-trade clause. Don't know why he's so intent on staying with such a bad team, but your call, Eric.

Wild are currently in 8th(to last) place and I could see Columbus, Philadelphia, and New Jersey possibly getting their shit together to pass them in the standings.

The possibility of 5th overall is a very enticing consolation prize for this season at the moment.

Curufinwe

How done is Mason? It looked like he had been trotted out there hurt for a while and just gave out.

I think he'll be back after the ASB. That's two and half weeks to rest.

Wild are currently in 8th(to last) place and I could see Columbus, Philadelphia, and New Jersey possibly getting their shit together to pass them in the standings.

The possibility of 5th overall is a very enticing consolation prize for this season at the moment.

You guys will probably sneak in and grab Marner ahead of us. The guy I want at the draft always seems to go a player or two early, although I'm happy we got Sanheim and not Milano now.

To anyone who's finished Dragon Age Inquisition, how long did it take you? I'm at 33 hours already, just fought my first dragon (and lost badly). Is this going to be a 100 hour game? I'm going pretty slowly, doing most of the sidequests and exploring.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
To anyone who's finished Dragon Age Inquisition, how long did it take you? I'm at 33 hours already, just fought my first dragon (and lost badly). Is this going to be a 100 hour game? I'm going pretty slowly, doing most of the sidequests and exploring.

I think I finished with like 60-80h played or so (and that's with skipping two entire regions cause I overlevelled myself and it wasn't that much fun anymore :( )

You guys will probably sneak in and grab Marner ahead of us. The guy I want at the draft always seems to go a player or two early, although I'm happy we got Sanheim and not Milano now.

Marner would be a dream. Yeah I wanted Milano last year too but he got taken ahead of us and we got Tuch. Who is doing very well right now. My #1 hope for last year was Larkin though. He went way ahead of us.

My totals are totally inflated because of the X1's silly game suspension/dashboard thing "playing" the game while I was watching netflix all day Saturday/most of Sunday, but I think I'm like 1/3rd of the way through at ~60 hours. But yeah the game is probably ~100 hours or so.

The first dragon (hinterlands, right?) kicked my ass a good 5-6 times before I finally bested him last night. One of the best moments I have had as a gamer. That was a blast.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Dragon age took me around 100hrs to do everything(minus a few of the collection things like mosaic pieces/wine bottles). Dragons were kind of a letdown/pushover but I think I waited too long to start fighting them.

Here are the new lines.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher

Prust-Galchenyuk-Parenteau

DD- Eller- Dutch Gretzky

Bournvial-Malhorta-Sekac/Thomas

Markov-Subban

Beaulieu-Gonchar

Dumbass One-Dumbass Two (you know who)

Silexx

Yeah, it took me about 100 hours to do everything. My advice is to not bother with requisitions unless they are for upgrades to your keep. They become needless pretty quickly.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I was at Real Sports on Sunday watching the football games and Jeff O'Neill and a bunch of the TSN crew were there.

Kate Beirness is still hot but Natasha lastnameIcan'tspell was the real MVP last night. She wasn't even dressed up and she looked gorgeous.

10/10 would let Solo bang.

zroid

Banned
Holy shit, sounds like Nylander being recalled to NA might have some troubling implications for MODO, if this dude can be believed. MODO is quite a storied franchise in Sweden, it would be pretty sad if it really goes under; the Sedins, Forsberg and plenty of other top NHL talents were developed there.

HqEAn3o.png

ShaneB

I was at Real Sports on Sunday watching the football games and Jeff O'Neill and a bunch of the TSN crew were there.

Kate Beirness is still hot but Natasha lastnameIcan'tspell was the real MVP last night. She wasn't even dressed up and she looked gorgeous.

10/10 would let Solo bang.

Them working SportsCentre together was a brilliant idea.

zroid

Banned
The other day Kate Beirness was on TSN 1050 interviewing Brendan Shanahan, and she was firing some bullets. :lol

This was after he did that press conference and got nothing but softballs. I mean he still evaded the questions masterfully but it probably made him sweat a little. :p

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Here are the new lines.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher

Prust-Galchenyuk-Parenteau

DD- Eller- Dutch Gretzky

Bournvial-Malhorta-Sekac/Thomas

Markov-Subban

Beaulieu-Gonchar

Dumbass One-Dumbass Two (you know who)

Holy shit, this guy. Just when you think he couldn't possibly be any dumber, he goes and pulls something like this, and does not ever redeem himself.

At least DD is still on the wing where he's been much better, and Beaulieu is still on the second pairing, not that he has much choice there. Let me guess, Emelin is still our #1 PKer though.

Just looked at the standings for the first time in a while. Since when did Nashville rocket up to the top?

My exact reaction last night. No wonder Lavy got the All Star coaching gig.

It really was a hell of a show, way bigger than I was anticipating. Great production by the Ducks organization.

This is gonna sound weird, but my favourite speech from it was actually from the Samuellis. You never hear from them, and for them to speak so passionately (one physically, the other through her eyes and body communication) about Teemus charity and organisation work... Just... Damn.

So good to see how human they are.

The Samuellis are really good people.

Even Gary Bettman managed to get some respect... He turned boos into "I'd go through boos any day just to stand on the same stage as this man" and "Although I swear I thought I heard you guys saying Tee-MOOOO".

GARY BETTMAN MADE A FEELS AND A FUNNY.

Hey guys and gals. Just wanted to come over and say what a great time we had at Honda Center (centre....) last night. We did the SoCal double and hit Staples Center on Saturday and the kings fans were relentless, unknowledgeable assholes. The minute we got to Anaheim, the mood was completely different. You guys are all beauties, there's no better way to put it. Shout out to the ducks fans behind us in 401 who wished us good game and safe travel back home. And to the wonderful bearded ducks fan who chatted us up in the beer line and told us to stay with him next year when we come back. And the group of blonde girls who told us to go back to Canadia (!?) but said that she wouldn't us hate us when we weren't playing the ducks anymore.

You folks made our trip great and we will certainly return because of it. And you also have gained a playoff fan after we fall out of the playoff race (it's happening). And I'm glad we share two things in common... Kings suck and Teemu forever.

See you all next year.

The local Ducks fans are good.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I finished at 122 hours. Did about 99% of the content and had 3 trophy's not trigger, which really pissed me off.

Heretic

Damn, really? I guess I never noticed because they never challenged the Ducks' throne at the top of the league like The Best Team In Hockey Vancouver Canucks kept doing.

:lol

My exact reaction last night. No wonder Lavy got the All Star coaching gig.

This is gonna sound weird, but my favourite speech from it was actually from the Samuellis. You never hear from them, and for them to speak so passionately (one physically, the other through her eyes and body communication) about Teemus charity and organisation work... Just... Damn.

So good to see how human they are.

The Samuellis are really good people.

Even Gary Bettman managed to get some respect... He turned boos into "I'd go through boos any day just to stand on the same stage as this man" and "Although I swear I thought I heard you guys saying Tee-MOOOO".

GARY BETTMAN MADE A FEELS AND A FUNNY.
Yeah, their speech was great and so was McNab's. Killer ending to it. I was also happy to hear the boos rain down on Bettman. Unwritten tradition! We're good hockey people down here :)

The local Ducks fans are good.
Proof!

iLLmAtlc

Probably not 100. I clocked in at 70 and I think I've done all missions that weren't fetch quests.

Holy shit, this guy. Just when you think he couldn't possibly be any dumber, he goes and pulls something like this, and does not ever redeem himself.

At least DD is still on the wing where he's been much better, and Beaulieu is still on the second pairing, not that he has much choice there. Let me guess, Emelin is still our #1 PKer though.

The only line I do not like is Prust-Galchenyuk-Parenteau. Switch Prust out for someone else. That could be soild. But let's see how this goes on Wednesday.

Razorskin

----- ------
Holy shit, sounds like Nylander being recalled to NA might have some troubling implications for MODO, if this dude can be believed. MODO is quite a storied franchise in Sweden, it would be pretty sad if it really goes under; the Sedins, Forsberg and plenty of other top NHL talents were developed there.

HqEAn3o.png

Toronto destroying a storied franchise isn't uncharted territory for them.

Top Bottom