• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I wonder how similar the records are of this Habs team to the Leafs team during their "18 wheeler off a cliff" season. It feels pretty similar, obviously different context with Price out, but still.

Once you watch the EEs you won't go back to the theatrical cuts. But there is an added like 40 minutes to each

Recently got these and have only gone through the first two.

FOTR EE was good. The added scenes brought a lot, but were not all that necessary. Better than theatrical but not by much. Seemed pretty trivial.

TTT EE was legit amazing. Added scenes were great. Added so much to the Farimir/Boromir relationship, which was basically non existent in the theatrical.

Speaking of, watching it I realized every scene that humanized Boromir and made him a better character was cut. I never liked him in the theatricals. Now he is one of my favorite characters.

I don't doubt this. I don't find the idea of sitting through each EE to be daunting, but I just haven't found a good time to do it.

Yeah I would recommend maybe do it over a 3 day period. But yeah if you enjoy the story it will just be more of what you love.

Recently got these and have only gone through the first two.

FOTR EE was good. The added scenes brought a lot, but were not all that necessary. Better than theatrical but not by much. Seemed pretty trivial.

TTT EE was legit amazing. Added scenes were great. Added so much to the Farimir/Boromir relationship, which was basically non existent in the theatrical.

Speaking of, watching it I realized every scene that humanized Boromir and made him a better character was cut. I never liked him in the theatricals. Now he is one of my favorite characters.

My favorite part of the FOTR EE was the extended council scene where Gandalf uses the Black Speech.

One complaint I have about the movies and with the Boromir/Faramir is how different they made Faramir. Also how different they made Aragorn as well.

But yeah I love Boromir. Tolkien is awesome. Glad Jackson did so well with the LOTR trilogy overall since the Hobbit was a trainwreck. I really want to see The Silmarillion put to the screen somehow but I am not sure if I trust Jackson after The Hobbit

zroid

Banned
I don't doubt this. I don't find the idea of sitting through each EE to be daunting, but I just haven't found a good time to do it.

There was one week during the summer a few years ago (might've been the summer after I graduated) where I just straight up devoured all the Extended Editions. For 9 consecutive days I watched each of the three movies, then watched the director/writer commentaries, then the cast commentaries. It was bliss.

There was one week during the summer a few years ago (might've been the summer after I graduated) where I just straight up devoured all the Extended Editions. For 9 consecutive days I watched each of the three movies, then watched the director/writer commentaries, then the cast commentaries. It was bliss.

giphy.gif

I make sure every break to binge them. Sometimes I parcel them up during a slow week of school.

But I am in a similar situation right now for the next 4-5 days when school starts back for me Tuesday. So I just want to do nothing until my crazy semester starts.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
"Cal Clutterbuck was chirping at Tanner Glass, talking about him earning an NHL salary, Glass clucking like a chicken at Clutterbuck, all that stuff you would expect." - actual report from John Giannone between the benches

Clutterbuck was also apparently trash talking Jim Ramsay. :D

Yawnier

Banned
I wonder how similar the records are of this Habs team to the Leafs team during their "18 wheeler off a cliff" season. It feels pretty similar, obviously different context with Price out, but still.

Depends which leafs season you're talking about, if it is the 2011-12 season when Burke was the GM iirc that team didn't really fall off until february/march but then they did they fell off hard. Similar thing happened to us in the 2013-14 season too....

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Seeing a grown man banging the glass at a hockey game gives me so much second hand embarrassment

Top Bottom