• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Merguson

Banned
man, fuckin Hockeystreams. All I want is to be able to watch hockey ondemand. They're still not taking new subscriptions

I think they'll eventually shut down the website. Just letting the subscriptions run out.

EDIT: Or they're in a wait-and-see mode with MLBAM launching NHL.tv on February 1st.

I think they'll eventually shut down the website. Just letting the subscriptions run out.

EDIT: Or they're in a wait-and-see mode with MLBAM launching NHL.tv on February 1st.

Word, I'm curious to see what the new Gamecenter will be come Feb 1. Maybe they'll have a deal for new subscribers

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Word, I'm curious to see what the new Gamecenter will be come Feb 1. Maybe they'll have a deal for new subscribers

It's kind of embarassing that hockeystreams is a better product than the NHL can manage.

Ignoring all of the extra stuff and only focusing on hockey, the delay is much shorter, it's 60fps, and they have the instant on demand thing when games end. Not to mention no blackouts, but I understand why that's a thing, as stupid as it is.

Foggy

It's kind of embarassing that hockeystreams is a better product than the NHL can manage.

Ignoring all of the extra stuff and only focusing on hockey, the delay is much shorter, it's 60fps, and they have the instant on demand thing when games end. Not to mention no blackouts, but I understand why that's a thing, as stupid as it is.

The 60fps and delay thing isn't of much interest, but no blackouts is what makes it appealing. Truthfully, I like the GCL+vpn combo better though. The little bookmarks for goals is great when catching up or just seeing what's happening on the other games. Now if the mlb.tv thing is smarter about vpns then that changes things, but from what I read, the people with the MLB package have no issues using a vpn.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
ZBRP4Od.png

This is number one to me. During the playoffs in 2013, the only way to watch the game later at night was I would cue up the game before I went to my evening class (making sure I cued it up with the VPN, etc), and then come home and rewind to the beginning of the game. If I didn't do that, I'd have to wait the next day or whatever to watch it. What kind of fucking bullshit is that?

Top Bottom