• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Koivu is a great human being. That's it. I thank him for everything he's done for the community here.

I don't want him anywhere this team, his years were the darkest years in our history, and from the billion stories you can find out there he was a huge part of it

nwxF9N9.jpg

Pikma

Banned
I'm mostly enjoying it. Especially since I've been going through the LOTR EE blu rays the last few weeks.

Story is garbage, but the nemesis system is fun. If/when I lose it is quite the draw to keep playing. To get revenge on the bastards. Definitely a good starting point for a franchise, if some improvements are made.

I thought Habs fans practically revered Saku. What's the bad word?
Yeah, I mean, the game has some really good foundations and a lot of the mechanics are actually fun, but it's repetitive as fuck, hope you reaaaally enjoy what you've been doing so far because you'll have to continue doing the exact same thing until the credits roll. So fucking boring
don't listen to me though, if you enjoy it, continue doing so

aidan

Hugo Award Winning Author and Editor
Prust and Cracknell scratched tonight. Good to see Virtanen back.

Sedin-McCann-Hansen
Baertschi-Horvat-Vrbata
Burrows-Vey-Etem
Dorsett-Zalewski-Virtanen

Markstrom

Thank god Prust is scratched. Part of me wonder if we've seen the last of him in a Canucks uniform after his antics leading up to the NYR game. What an age we live in that the Canucks are removing toughness from their lineup in a game against the Bruins, though.

imBask

Banned
I'm legit curious about this. Any chance you have a link I can read?

I thought Habs fans practically revered Saku. What's the bad word?

there's a bunch of them.

-he wanted to be the #1 center no matter what and pushed prospects like Ribeiro out of town. He wasn't a #1 center but never accepted any other role in Montreal.

-he had is little group of friends and no one was allowed into it, Pierre Rinfret once told a story about how he was friend with a player, had diner with him, Koivu and a couple others, and Koivu told him the next day to NEVER invite him again because he was part of the medias. There was CONSTANT talk of the team being split into small groups for all of his years in Montreal.

-his constant refusal to say a single word of french for almost all of his time here. Not even a Merci or a Bonjour, nothing. Even if it's kinda dumb, it's important to some people here, and that little attention would've been enough to shut everyone up but he refused and refused and refused until someone forced him to say "ceci est mon équipe" in 2008.

It's hard to shit on him because of everything that happened to him, he fought cancer, he was a super good person for the community, etc. But he has nothing to show for on the ice other than his padded stats, no cup, no trophies, and some of the worst seasons of all time. I see Koivu as the HHH of hockey.

Revenant

I feel like Kane being an absolutely scumbag who gets away with his behavior because of status is well known. Dude's human garbage, but hey, he's a good hockey player, so who cares, right?!

I'm still awaiting someone to go full in on the Kane "Triumphing over adversity" this season angle. A couple of tv guys have definitely made a mention of "overcoming a tough offseason" or something akin to that which is enough to make me want to throw up a little in my mouth.

Quick

Banned
http://imgur.com/a/ZCheZ

HOLLLEEEYYY FUCKINGGG SHIITTTT

Jesus fucking Christ. This is disgusting.

tumblr_mntiolhySW1snpc3lo4_r1_500.gif

Why would you stand there for 7 minutes staring at a mirror with Patrick Kane's hand in your box? I know if a dude rammed his hand into my anus I sure as hell wouldn't just stand there. Unless that dude was Solo.

My bad, Cube. I didn't see this story and thought you were making a joke about Kane in reference to that Gay Men Touch Vagina For The First Time video.

Anyway, she clearly wasn't in the right state of mind to react to having a hand up her vagina. Kane took advantage of this.

LevelNth

Banned
Fire Bergevin. Fuck this guy. If he wants to die on his sword, I'll be more than happy to give him a push. We're almost a Leafs-level joke at this point.
To say the players are staying as well must be hella frustrating to you guys. It is not a talented roster, and he still does not realize that.

Quick

Banned
there's a bunch of them.

-he wanted to be the #1 center no matter what and pushed prospects like Ribeiro out of town. He wasn't a #1 center but never accepted any other role in Montreal.

-he had is little group of friends and no one was allowed into it, Pierre Rinfret once told a story about how he was friend with a player, had diner with him, Koivu and a couple others, and Koivu told him the next day to NEVER invite him again because he was part of the medias. There was CONSTANT talk of the team being split into small groups for all of his years in Montreal.

-his constant refusal to say a single word of french for almost all of his time here. Not even a Merci or a Bonjour, nothing. Even if it's kinda dumb, it's important to some people here, and that little attention would've been enough to shut everyone up but he refused and refused and refused until someone forced him to say "ceci est mon équipe" in 2008.

It's hard to shit on him because of everything that happened to him, he fought cancer, he was a super good person for the community, etc. But he has nothing to show for on the ice other than his padded stats, no cup, no trophies, and some of the worst seasons of all time. I see Koivu as the HHH of hockey.

This is some serious tabloid stuff, not in the sense that I don't believe it, but just how dingy it all is.

Getting the coaching staff to lock him in as #1C is the only dubious thing in this. I don't really know of his contract situation at the time, but surely he could've just been talked to, traded away or scratched if his behaviour was harming a team's development to the point of trading away players for his benefit.

imBask

Banned
This is some serious tabloid stuff, not in the sense that I don't believe it, but just how dingy it all is.

Getting the coaching staff to lock him in as #1C is the only dubious thing in this. I don't really know of his contract situation at the time, but surely he could've just been talked to, traded away or scratched if his behaviour was harming a team's development to the point of trading away players for his benefit.

The Ribeiro one was pretty blatant... He was pushing hard, and was traded out of nowhere for Janne fucking Niinimaa

Yawnier

Banned
Why would you stand there for 7 minutes staring at a mirror with Patrick Kane's hand in your box? I know if a dude rammed his hand into my anus I sure as hell wouldn't just stand there. Unless that dude was Solo.

Are you one of those famed Manics alts ?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Thanks for the advice CalamaQuesAROOOOOO

you're an idiot

Revenant

that kane story is really gross, but i'm not sure what you can really take from that account unless you choose to take it at face value.

I really don't have much good to say about Kane the person but a couple of things worth noting after reading that story.

1. that game was on a Saturday, not a Sunday. small detail I know, but
2. according to some of the comments people are saying the hawks got on a plane after the game as that was the end of the 2014 "Circus Trip"

Certainly doesn't disprove the account, but anonymous post really doesn't get us anywhere which is unfortunate because putting a name and a face to something like this is so damn toxic for that person, even if it all was true and was proven you're still a public enemy to some really terrible small minded people.

imBask

Banned
Yup, that's why I'm reluctant to give Kane the benefit of the doubt on this story, when situations like this surface repeatedly it's a red flag.

exactly, the anonymous story could easily be fake but there's no smoke without fire, and this guy is pretty much vaping at this point

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Daniel Paille's contract is $575k in the NHL, $100k in the AHL. Just to change the subject from Patrick Kane being a creepy scumbag for a second.

Merguson

Banned
Problem is we don't know what's true like I said before. If we believed everything we read on the net, Hazel Mae and Burke would be raising a baby together.

True. I can't really make conclusions on this one story.

If there are other incidents regarding Kane, then I hope the victims can come forward.

There's virtually nothing you can say about that story other than it's fucked and lines up in some ways with other reports about Kane's treatment of women. All that said if this is what he does do to women it's only a matter of time until he gets wasted and hurts someone and can't cover it up. I hope it's all bullshit, I think we all do just for the sake of these women.

edit:

Now lets talk about something much rarer than Kane being accused of being a predator. Positive advanced stats regarding the avs.

Pssssst. Colorado has a 52.3 CF% since Bigras and Zadorov were called up. They've only allowed 2 5v5 goals during this span.
https://twitter.com/lukeasteer/status/690055726539132928

Top Bottom