• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He was signed as a free agent in the off-season. Originally a Panthers draft pick but he never signed with them. Was the MVP of the Finnish Elite league last season.
Ah, that makes sense. Some of the moves he was pulling seemed too good for a rookie. I forget who scored the goal, but Donski received the pass in his skates, kicked it up to his blade and then did a sick behind the back pass to a Shark who scored. One of the better plays I've seen this season.

Foggy

Missed turbirds laying on the ether. Savage. Kave swooping in to show how classless LeafsGAF is. Learn some class, boys.

Already drunk

Erdrick

Let Erdick have this. He's desperate for Winnipeg to be relevant somehow, and not be the league's afterthought like they usually are.

Eh... retracting what I said. Too far. Sorry Quick. So uh... Leafs suck.

Hey at least they're last in the best division in the league. That's like, first-last.

You'll be back there soon enough.

Thats a pretty low bar to set for satisfaction.

This is true.

Here's a prediction for you, Leafs will be better than the Jets next season. You'll be super pissed by that and probably stop posting here, but hey I've laid the gauntlet down. Enjoy!

Nope. Enjoy being wrong.

I wish there was a way for the Leafs and Jets to meet in the playoffs.

It'd be fun. =)

I'm pretty sure that the majority of Leafs fans here (if not all) are not actually happy to see the them lose. Most of the posts are in jest.

Then it's in poor taste.

Erdrick is so good at rustling leafs-gaf jimmies.

I don't know if he is a really good troll, or what.... If he is, he is a damn good one.

*Ding* You understand.

Not really, it's just funny to see how upset he gets. I don't actually believe Leafs will finish ahead of the Jets next season but since I said it, I know he'll be frothing at the mouth if it actually happens lol.

At least you are honest.

Erdick's feelings are hurt rill gud because we made fun of precious Winnipeg, and his only source of satisfaction is from watching Jets/Leafs games.

Anymore assessments Mr. Psych major?

You're second last in the conference.

But congrats cause I think we all know in here it's hard as hell to have a better record than the trying to tank Leafs.

Honestly probably the most difficult thing to do in the NHL, be better than a team that went into the season with expectations that they'd be a bottom 5 team.

In fact when you guys do it (and you will, congrats) I'll see if I can send you guys a banner to put up in your barren arena:

"Finished higher than the Leafs 2015-2016"

Trying to tank Leafs. See? So what respect does that have for fans that dish out money to support their team then during these times? It's a slap to the face and an insult to them. I've no respect for a franchise who subjects their fans to this. Utter garbage and goes against the very point of hockey itself.

Barren arena? OMG Attendance has dropped slightly. Call the league! We're in trouble now! OH NO, The dollar is terrible? It means we're automatically losing our team again? Not likely. MUCH different situation than last time. For one, the team owners own the building where the Jets play and get all profits unlike last time when Shenkarow was just the majority partner and had no say, building-wise.

Ain't like we've been tossing jerseys on the ice or anything.

He should be thanking the Leafs, considering they swept the Avs, Stars, and Blues this season, and got swept by the Jets.

The Leafs have done more for Winnipeg's playoff cause than they have for themselves!

I always thank the Leafs from the entertainment they provide me in losing to the Jets most of the time and for how much they make the rest of their fans utterly suffer.

Erdrick always seems to blow up on the wrong person at the wrong time. Pick your battles, dude

I made one offhand comment last night about the Leafs being a garbage franchise for willingly tanking, and I get jumped by a cat. I'm not concerned.

I eagerly awaiting his next bible-length diatribe.

I'm sure you can counter with enough gifs of Nylander to fill up an entire Yaoi website that would make TUSR impressed.

How did jets vs leafs even become a thing

I made it a thing. Quick adds to it. I retort. Adds some life to this place when it's too docile.

I feel bad for the 'peg. Ten hours from everywhere. It would be hard to figure out who your rivals are.

There we go, the subtle jab at my city. Took longer than usual. Minnesota, Chicago, Edmonton, Calgary... They'd be the ones that really come to mind. Except I respect their teams. (Well... Not Edmonton. But that just dates back to them crushing us in the 80's)

YES, GET HIM.

Ah, you. You're usually the first one to bite. At least you posted in all caps, so you've still got it.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Remember when we had no captain and four assistants last season? I think it says a lot about how the team is doing right now, and how it's coached. It was a dumb move.

Should have just made Gallagher the captain.

Pikma

Banned
Jets will win a cup before the Leafs. is that even a real question? does anyone actually doubt that?
It's irrelevant because by the time there's an actual answer for that question we, our children and our grandchildren will already be dead

Merguson

Banned
Kessel never liked you.

you take that back... take it back now!

Why was Keon so distant with the Leafs?

short story:

Harold Ballard (used to be owner of the Leafs) treated him like shit basically. At the end of his Leafs career, Ballard basically blocked him from signing with any NHL team forcing him to play in the WHA. He eventually returned to the NHL with a different team.

I don't remember how he blocked him.. something with compensation under the rules at the time.

Basically Keon has been bitter about it ever since. The Leafs honoured him in several pre-game ceremonies but Keon insisted it was basically for his teammates. He hasn't really allowed the club to do anything other than now. I think he rejected a ceremony where the Leafs would honor his number. I can't remember when that was.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
You Habs fans are good peeps. But tonight, I hope you fucks win so that MT's chance to stay around increase and our tank continues.

FUCK ALL YOU FUCKING FUCKS! FUCKING WIN!

imBask

Banned
You Habs fans are good peeps. But tonight, I hope you fucks win so that MT's chance to stay around increase and our tank continues.

FUCK ALL YOU FUCKING FUCKS! FUCKING WIN!

you know what your mother told me last night?
I don't know, I would never hook up with a dirty leafs fan

Erdrick

Lol, again with this Jets fan, his team is absolute garbage with no plan in sight, but the Leafs are actually trying to build towards something. The Jets actually believe they're a playoff team right now, but as you point out their record is marginally better than the tanking Leafs. Unreal.

And I missed this.

No plan? I obviously can't speak for our team's management but I can safely say it's a step up above the Leaf's trade everything and lose plan.

imBask

Banned
they're honoring Sundin every saturday because it's the only important leafs player still alive HAHAHAHAHA

they could've honored Kessel, but you know what happened.

Top Bottom