• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

Erdrick

Well said.

The Jets have 3pts more than the Leafs with 2 more games played...

Sure says something that my shitty team that's tanking on purpose seems to be on the same level as this prideful Jets team.

Such an honour.

I'm sorry, the season is suddenly over now? We're 8 points out of a playoff spot, last I checked. Still not out of the playoff hunt. I don't go around being happy when my team loses, unlike some Leaf fans here. Even if they don't make the playoffs, as long as the Jets finish higher than the Leafs, (Which they have every year since relocation, bar the shortened lockout season, but that was worth it for the epic collapse they had in the playoffs.) I'll get some satisfaction with their season.

Pikma

Banned
But I can't think of an avatar to give you that's more embarrassing than just being from Dallas. I don't even remember if you are though, so if I win you move to Dallas? Deal?
I lived in Dallas for like half my childhood but I'm definitely not from there.

Quick

Banned
I'm sorry, the season is suddenly over now? We're 8 points out of a playoff spot, last I checked. Still not out of the playoff hunt. I don't go around being happy when my team loses, unlike some Leaf fans here. Even if they don't make the playoffs, as long as the Jets finish higher than the Leafs, (Which they have every year since relocation, bar the shortened lockout season, but that was worth it for the epic collapse they had in the playoffs.) I'll get some satisfaction with their season.

Let Erdick have this. He's desperate for Winnipeg to be relevant somehow, and not be the league's afterthought like they usually are.

Cake Boss

Banned
CZbQV2hW0AAbalc.jpg

What a motherfucking beast. averaging 6 shots a game.

Marvie_3

Banned
Thats a pretty low bar to set for satisfaction.

yyzjohn

Banned

Here's a prediction for you, Leafs will be better than the Jets next season. You'll be super pissed by that and probably stop posting here, but hey I've laid the gauntlet down. Enjoy!

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

I'm pretty sure that the majority of Leafs fans here (if not all) are not actually happy to see the them lose. Most of the posts are in jest.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I'm pretty sure that the majority of Leafs fans here (if not all) are not actually happy to see the them lose. Most of the posts are in jest.

The reason I'm happy when we lose is we have a greater chance to win more later

Nothing we say here changes anything that happens on the ice, so why not make the best of it?

Yawnier

Banned
Erdrick is so good at rustling leafs-gaf jimmies.

I don't know if he is a really good troll, or what.... If he is, he is a damn good one.

yyzjohn

Banned
The reason I'm happy when we lose is we have a greater chance to win more later

Nothing we say here changes anything that happens on the ice, so why not make the best of it?

Well said, Leafs need another top 5 pick and no fans are delusional that they'll make the playoffs this season so why not make the best of it? Hopefully they can build a team that competes for a while, the Chicago model is one to drool over.

Well said, Leafs need another top 5 pick and no fans are delusional that they'll make the playoffs this season so why not make the best of it? Hopefully they can build a team that competes for a while, the Chicago model is one to drool over.

Also is Reimer really the answer in between the posts longterm?

yyzjohn

Banned

I don't know if he is a really good troll, or what.... If he is, he is a damn good one.

Not really, it's just funny to see how upset he gets. I don't actually believe Leafs will finish ahead of the Jets next season but since I said it, I know he'll be frothing at the mouth if it actually happens lol.

Quick

Banned

Erdick's feelings are hurt rill gud because we made fun of precious Winnipeg, and his only source of satisfaction is from watching Jets/Leafs games.

yyzjohn

Banned
Also is Reimer really the answer in between the posts longterm?

Reimer is the Lupul of goalies, he's one more injury away from being out long term. Leafs need to deal him this season since he's playing so well. Have no idea what the long term solution in net will be,they have a few seasons to hopefully develop someone.

Reimer is the Lupul of goalies, he's one more injury away from being out long term. Leafs need to deal him this season since he's playing so well. Have no idea what the long term solution in net will be,they have a few seasons to hopefully develop someone.

Yeah that is what I was thinking. Since Bernier, as you are well aware, is so incredibly inconsistent, and Sparks had an interesting time up this season. But hey at least you have/had Ray Emery!

zroid

Banned
I had stepped out for some errands when the score was 2-0 Canucks

I was listening to radio on the way and I heard they mentioned the score was 3-2 Canucks

then a bit later just as I was pulling up into my driveway they mentioned it was 4-3 Pens

This was me basically:
giphy.gif

thanks btw. keeping our 1st round pick dream alive.

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

You're second last in the conference.

But congrats cause I think we all know in here it's hard as hell to have a better record than the trying to tank Leafs.

Honestly probably the most difficult thing to do in the NHL, be better than a team that went into the season with expectations that they'd be a bottom 5 team.

In fact when you guys do it (and you will, congrats) I'll see if I can send you guys a banner to put up in your barren arena:

"Finished higher than the Leafs 2015-2016"

But congrats cause I think we all know in here it's hard as hell to have a better record than the trying to tank Leafs.

Honestly probably the most difficult thing to do in the NHL, be better than a team that went into the season with expectations that they'd be a bottom 5 team.

In fact when you guys do it (and you will, congrats) I'll see if I can send you guys a banner to put up in your barren arena:

Can we get a banner too?

zroid

Banned
Erdick's feelings are hurt rill gud because we made fun of precious Winnipeg, and his only source of satisfaction is from watching Jets/Leafs games.
He should be thanking the Leafs, considering they swept the Avs, Stars, and Blues this season, and got swept by the Jets.

The Leafs have done more for Winnipeg's playoff cause than they have for themselves!

Quick

Banned
He should be thanking the Leafs, considering they swept the Avs, Stars, and Blues this season, and got swept by the Jets.

The Leafs have done more for Winnipeg's playoff cause than they have for themselves!

qEqJ14Z.gif

MZixyXe.gif

Holy Shit. HES GOING IN

1160.gif

Merguson

Banned

so savage

Pikma

Banned

Relentless

Top Bottom