• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2016 |OT| Road to the Matthews Draft Pick

zroid

Banned
9 shots on goal in 50 minutes vs the Oilers does not make a compelling case for the Panthers' recent success not being a mirage :p

edit: DAMMIT RED

CYakjknWwAAkoXh.jpg

Shades of Sawchuk lol

KingBroly

Banned
Feels like the NHL is sliding back into the 'What me, Worry?' approach to player safety. Not good.

DOPS is inconsistent as shit. This leads to a lot of situations where hits go unpunished and hits undeserving of suspensions/fines are called incorrectly. Until they get consistency when it comes to it, stuff will go unchanged.

And the League has bigger problems, unfortunately. They have no national TV presence until the Cup Finals, and even then, it's not every game. They have no weekly game on NBC or Fox or games on ESPN. It's tough to find a game on TV most nights if you're not in Canada. It's insane how badly Bettman's dropped the ball on this.

This is the first time a celebrity death caused me to just breakdown. On Friday I facetimed with my kid and we listened to Blackstar together. Making weird faces at each other.

That was my response, with many more o's :(

Gotta say most of these celebrity deaths, unless sudden do not faze me too much, this one though, I'm jamming Bowie and playing along on guitar right now and drinking some beers and feeling genuinely happy/shitty at the same time

KingBroly

Banned
It's disgusting to think that Anaheim is only 1 point out of a Playoff spot right now with only 78 goals scored. Ovechkin's scored 26 by himself.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Didn't Bowie just release a new album too? Man wtf. RIP

It's super obvious now that his new album was one big goodbye, too. Man, I don't want to be in the office right now/the rest of the day.

And I'm not in the mood for your shit tonight, Bruins!

Elliotte Friedman ✔ @FriedgeHNIC
EDM's Matt Hendricks will have a phone hearing later today for the hit to Aaron Ekblad.
10:24 AM - 11 Jan 2016

Good. Hopefully those refs get suspended too for just watching it and not calling it.

imBask

Banned
I honestly think Therrien might get fired if we end up losing the next 3, which is very likely (Chicago x2 and Blues)

I've never been as hard as everyone else toward him, but I think his time is up, he's losing control of this team

I can't feel sad or depressed about someone passing when they lived more in a year than most will live in their entire lifetime. I celebrate the man's genius and life, ain't nothing there to be sad about.

"I really had a hunger to experience everything that life had to offer, from the opium den to whatever. And I think I have done just about everything that it's possible to do" – interview with The Telegraph

"I always had a repulsive need to be something more than human. I felt very puny as a human. I thought, "F**k that. I want to be a superhuman'"

That late Red Wings goal against the Ducks last night? That's something to be saddened by.

zroid

Banned
Coots is gud. He's always been great defensively, seems to be breaking out offensively this year.

Definitely a future Selke candidate

Coots is gud. He's always been great defensively, seems to be breaking out offensively this year.

Definitely a future Selke candidate

Yeah I pulled this chart from a broadstreet article saying that he could make a case to win one this year. While I don't see it happening this season, I think it will happen soon enough.

The new second line with Raffl-Coots-Schenn has been great already.

Top Bottom