• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2017 |OT| May 2016's reign of terror end with the Wild's sacrificial loss

i thought the point of an all-star game was for the real stars of the game to show off their skills. am i crazy?

like wtf is this shit, Matthews losing the puck on a clear breakaway, Laine can't get a wrist shot off the ice, goalies barely moving, Ovechkin and Crosby doing nothing. are they all drunk? are people satisfied just watching the biggest names skating around lazily? what an embarrassing waste of time lol.

edit: oh wow Ovechkin got one in, 1 second left. gj. and this Atkinson fella ain't half bad, gotta admit. should i keep watching, is the last match worth it anyone's time?

i thought the point of an all-star game was for the real stars of the game to show off their skills. am i crazy?

like wtf is this shit, Matthews losing the puck on a clear breakaway, Laine can't get a wrist shot off the ice, goalies barely moving, Ovechkin and Crosby doing nothing. are they all drunk? are people satisfied just watching the biggest names skating around lazily? what an embarrassing waste of time lol.

edit: oh wow Ovechkin got one in, 1 second left. gj. and this Atkinson fella ain't half bad, gotta admit. should i keep watching, is the last match worth it anyone's time?

Last match was the best.

Competitive.

Last match was the best.

Competitive.

ok cool, i'll keep watching. keeps me awake during my nightshift :p

ohh man this Fedorov bit made me all emotional.. i had a good friend once who was the biggest Fedorov fan (and Felix Potvin fan), a dude who protected me in school from bullies etc.. just a fantastic friend. and then he just stopped coming to school one day and i never heard from him since, tried e-mailing his dad even (e-mail was a new thing back then :p), never got a response... to this day i don't know what happened to my friend Matti. i heard rumors that he had become mentally ill or something, which is really hard to believe since he was the most confident kid i knew, solid like a rock. i guess you can never really fully know a person..

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
What a shit weekend for my brown brothers out there :(

Trudeau announces Muslims are welcome here and diversity is or strength.

A day later, Quebecois shoot up a mosque.

I guess someone wasn't happy with that message. Fucks. What a world we live in where this kind of hatred is incited, praised and elected president.

Quick

Banned
Cake and Dubbed are always welcome at my house. Just fucking nuts how this is just from the first week of Trump's presidency.

Socreges

Banned
McDavid's breakaway was sick
Gretzky laughing after the goal was reversed was classic
PK hugging McDavid
Horvat looking decent

Some good moments. And the final was fun hockey. Honestly worth watching

What a shit weekend for my brown brothers out there :(
😞

Dunno how legitimate this is but

5OOt0WU.jpg

This is what we get excited about now I guess. So, yay.

Here's how he hits.

Here's him and Zadorov fighting.

Pikma

Banned
Guys guys

I just wanted to say that I love you, you are all great and I'm glad to be part of this beautiful community<3 and that I'm here for whatever you need
except money, or maybe even that who knows it depends

Foggy

Guys guys

I just wanted to say that I love you, you are all great and I'm glad to be part of this beautiful community<3 and that I'm here for whatever you need
except money, or maybe even that who knows it depends

Give me back my Pringles

imBask

Banned
Trudeau announces Muslims are welcome here and diversity is or strength.

A day later, Quebecois shoot up a mosque.

I guess someone wasn't happy with that message. Fucks. What a world we live in where this kind of hatred is incited, praised and elected president.

Idiots shoot up a mosque*

let's just hope they get what they deserve. Prison for life, nothing less

Guys it's not about religion. We are only banning people from predominantly Muslim countries who just happen to all be Muslim. But I sweat it's not about religion.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/29/us/politics/white-house-official-in-reversal-says-green-card-holders-wont-be-barred.html

”To be clear, this is not a Muslim ban, as the media is falsely reporting," he said in a written statement. ”This is not about religion &#8212; this is about terror and keeping our country safe."

If this truly was about terror they would have banned people from Saudi Arabia where 15/19 attackers on 9/11 were from there...

Still wrong to do

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I mean, he is right on that. It IS about terror. You might note that they didn't say terrorism. Just terror. He also didn't say anything about it being about stopping said terror, either. Actively creating terror is very much being "about" terror.

calder

Just awful about the QC mosque shooting. Seeing the reports coming out on twitter last night was just devastating, depressing and shameful.

I mean, he is right on that. It IS about terror. You might note that they didn't say terrorism. Just terror. He also didn't say anything about it being about stopping said terror, either. Actively creating terror is very much being "about" terror.

Yeah you hit it. 100% agreed.

And now with his 1 reg in 2 reg out nonsense....

Oh lawd

Merguson

Banned
I don't care for the team, but there better not be something that happened to him because of all this stupidity. He should be beaten fair and square ON THE ICE, NOT off the ice by ignoring court orders.

There are people to worry about in regards to this ban. Kadri should not be one of them. His father was from Lebanon (moved out when he was a small child). His mother was born in Canada. He was born in Canada.

This terror attack on a mosque in Quebec City though :( Hope those wounded make it through.

imBask

Banned
Juggalos are working class/poor rural and suburban whites, a.k.a. Trump voters. If ICP wants to try to put their ninjas to good use and convince them that Trump's goons were the enemy all along, I say let them.

Can you imagine the future history books trying to get a sense of the next two years? Shit is gonna be bananas.

the Trump episode of Hardcore History is going to be hella weird

There was a demonstration of support at a Mosque here that I wanted to go to today, but the kid turned into a pumpkin so that won't be happening.

This shit is so fucked up, I don't even know what to say other than these fuckers don't represent the peaceful, loving country I know, and that I'm going to raise my kids to know.

calder

Spent an hour trying to parse Roger's deliberately confusing and opaque shitstain of a website as my iPhone died and I want to know how much it'll cost to get a new one (answer: a shocking amount). Then I look over and keep seeing my twitter feed with updates about 5 year old kids detained at the US border and updates on the mosque shooting and you know what fuck this shit. Oh and Trump basically killed the State Dept, perhaps as a prelude to actually taking over the whole country who the fuck knows but the fact you can't dismiss the idea out of hand goes to show how insane things have gotten ALREADY.

I just want to go home and play some Gravity Rush 2 or something.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Juggalos are working class/poor rural and suburban whites, a.k.a. Trump voters. If ICP wants to try to put their ninjas to good use and convince them that Trump's goons were the enemy all along, I say let them.

Can you imagine the future history books trying to get a sense of the next two years? Shit is gonna be bananas.

Haha "historians", you mean the people investigating thoughtcrime?

For those that may pay attention to some higher end protects, would I regret trading away Alex Nylander in fantasy? It's a full keeper league.

Hunter S.

I am starting to feel like Colorado is the new Edmonton, especially if they get the first draft pick again. Watching them be total shit is not fun. The glory days of almost non-stop success are long gone and I wonder wtf will get this team back to a philosophy of success that will be clearly translated on Lord Stanley's cup once again... :(

calder

Abby D. Phillip @abbydphillip
Spicer says "by and large" Trump has been "praised" for omitting mention of Jewish people from his Holocaust statement.

Jamelle Bouie @jbouie
"To assume someone because of their age or gender, that they don't pose a threat, would be wrong." - Spicer, talking about a 5 year old.

tumblr_mk326uDO5V1s99m4bo1_400.gif

Top Bottom