• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2017 |OT| May 2016's reign of terror end with the Wild's sacrificial loss

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Any other Habs fan willing to admit that Therrien has done a great job this season?

Can't believe it's come to this

imBask

Banned
Any other Habs fan willing to admit that Therrien has done a great job this season?

He's always been really good at pulling miracles when half the team is injured, and when his system works it fucking works

but he's still bad at managing icetime and not letting his favoritism (and racism) show

Red_Man

He's always been really good at pulling miracles when half the team is injured, and when his system works it fucking works

but he's still bad at managing icetime and not letting his favoritism (and racism) show
I don't think he's been too bad this year when it comes to that, and considering how awful Pleks and BGally have both been, unexpectedly, I can't really fault him for using bottom line guys who've actually stepped up.

What I don't know is if he's learned a lot and applied it this season or if a lot of the positive changes are from Muller being around.

imBask

Banned
I don't think he's been too bad this year when it comes to that, and considering how awful Pleks and BGally have both been, unexpectedly, I can't really fault him for using bottom line guys who've actually stepped up.

What I don't know is if he's learned a lot and applied it this season or if a lot of the positive changes are from Muller being around.

my only concern is that he's always walking a thin line. It's not the first time he has looked this good, but then something always happens and the train goes of the rails, and you start seeing DD on every PP, Plekanec play 35 minutes and some terrible 4th liner spends half the season as a first liner

he's a ticking time bomb that might or might not off

Red_Man

Habs right now, without their #1 Center and top 4 Dman

Update on the Habs' statistics (league rank):
53.90 CF% (3rd)
53.81 SF% (3rd)
54.93 xGF% (1st)
56.34 SCF% (2nd)

All Price blah blah

Reckheim

If Price was injured again this year you'd be singing a different tune. Fanbases always point the finger at the coach first when the team is playing bad.

Pikma

Banned
Price will take a huge L tonight

Oh wait nvm they're so scared we'll expose him that they'll give up the game by starting Montoya

Foggy

Not to mention Galchenyuk is injured too.

giphy.gif

Cake Boss

Banned
LONG BEACH NATIVE MATT NIETO!?

Still has more points than Lazar.

Another waiver wire player Reid Boucher has more points than Lazar as well.

Puempel has more points than him too, who was also on waivers.

Wouldn't surprise me if Rattie gets more points than Lazar as well.

shitty ass drafting choosing 'character' over skill

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle
I won a $500 Smoke's Poutinerie gift card about a month ago or so.

So far I've used $50 out of it...

edit: It's about 10 bucks a poutine so...oh boy. This is why I'm sharing with friends.

I'm fat enough!

If there's one thing Nieto (Matt) is, is the certain and absolute fact that he is most definitely from Long Beach (California, United States). As a coincidence, the San Jose Sharks also play in Long Beach (California, United States).

Pikma

Banned
If there's one thing Nieto (Matt) is, is the certain and absolute fact that he is most definitely from Long Beach (California, United States). As a coincidence, the San Jose Sharks also play in Long Beach (California, United States).
The Sharks play in Long Beach now? I thought they were from Salt Lake City

McDavid didn't win the Calder.

Crosby didn't win the Calder.

Gretzky didn't win the Calder.

In reality it really doesn't mean anything. Only one person can win it. It isn't going to help our team win at all.

All the NHL trophies outside of the Stanley cup are meaningless.

if you think about it, the Stanley Cup is meaningless too. all of hockey is. it's just speech-capable somewhat evolved primates playing around with a rubber object getting all emotional over made up honors and made up rules, while we hurl around a very average star on a tiny fragile planet that's ultimately doomed to disintegrate into the nothingness from which it came.

is the WPG-FLA game tonight? is Barkov injured..? better not be, he was just getting into his groove.

Holiday

Banned
I'm pretty sure if you win 3 consecutive Norris trophies you unlock the Stanley Cup. Like Shang Tsung needing 10 tournament wins in the Mortal Kombat movie.

Socreges

Banned
I'm contented in knowing there are an infinite amount of parallel universes within which the Canucks have won the Stanley Cup various times. 🙃

I suspect the Leafs haven't made the Finals since 1967 in each of them.

Wait, Matt Nieto is from the United States?

Of America?
He's from Long Beach. Please pay attention.

zroid

Banned
I'm pretty sure if you win 3 consecutive Norris trophies you unlock the Stanley Cup. Like Shang Tsung needing 10 tournament wins in the Mortal Kombat movie.
too bad that's impossible

Drew Doughty will win one every 3rd year to honour his career achievements

Top Bottom