• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2017 |OT| May 2016's reign of terror end with the Wild's sacrificial loss

zroid

Banned
bb50030872f44739a40dc7bc4a0647fd.png

omg

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Grabner-Hayes-Miller
Vesey-Lindberg-Fast
Jensen-Hrivik-Pirri

McDonagh-Skjei
Holden-Girardi
Clendening-Klein

Lundqvist

Canada switching goalies already.

You have to go back to 2010 to find Canadian goalies who have made an impact in the NHL (Jake Allen and Martin Jones). Malcolm Subban was on the 2013 team, but otherwise it hasn't been great.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand how that's not a penalty shot.

The criteria for penalty shots is definitely one of the most arcane and arbitrary in all of hockey.

Laine with goal #21.

ehh.. wake me up when/if he gets another hat trick. his 1-2 goal efforts are pretty meh tbh.

he seems like one of those players that scores a hat trick or two and then gets really low-key.. nothing for weeks and weeks, not a single hat trick.

zroid

Banned
ehh.. wake me up when/if he gets another hat trick. his 1-2 goal efforts are pretty meh tbh.

he seems like one of those players that scores a hat trick or two and then gets really low-key.. nothing for weeks and weeks, not a single hat trick.

He'll get the rare empty net hat trick some time this year

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.

:lol

Erdrick

I like your game, son.

calder

Ehlers' epic goal slump seems so long ago now. So glad they're going in for him now.

Little showing how much this team missed him too

Borderline call on Armia 😉

Erdrick

Nice to see that, and how good has Trouba been last couple of weeks?!

He's been fantastic. That's the kid I remember from his rookie year. He's making a great case for him whenever he gets traded but I sincerely hope he decides to stick it out here as we're becoming something to be reckoned with, no small thanks to his play. We need all the help we can get on our back end. He's been great, in any case.

But Matthews has played 3 fewer games.

He'll also have fewer points than Laine come the end of the season, when they've evened out in games played.

Erdrick

Great back to back wins for the Jets. Whole team looked good, which hasn't happened a lot this year

Slight redemption for their piss-poor play on NYE. Now, rest up boys, and continue this effort in Buffalo on Saturday at noon.

calder

Slight redemption for their piss-poor play on NYE. Now, rest up boys, and continue this effort in Buffalo on Saturday at noon.
Oh god why did you bring that up? Just about the worst game I've seen them play in.... ugh actually they have totally awful duds like that every month or two 😐

Top Bottom