• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2017 |OT| May 2016's reign of terror end with the Wild's sacrificial loss

Socreges

Banned
Horvaaaaaaaat

Might not have made it (were no Canuck required) given the focus on points for ASG, but I think he deserves to be there

Then don't say Mathews is the only 'great' hockey player there ya ding.

Yeah compared to the other lineups it's not good but there are great players on it.
Dopey moving goal posts errday

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Then don't say Mathews is the only 'great' hockey player there ya ding.

Yeah compared to the other lineups it's not good but there are great players on it.

I'd rather have Marner than Marchand. Marner is scoring at a higher rate than Marchand is even now.

But ehhh won't complain too much because that would max out his bonus. Matthews just earned himself $2 million by being named iirc

Cake Boss

Banned
I'd rather have Marner than Marchand. Marner is scoring at a higher rate than Marchand is even now.

But ehhh won't complain too much because that would max out his bonus. Matthews just earned himself $2 million by being named iirc

Yeah and Kopitar just got his 4th goal the other day, Paul Byron > Kopitar.

Marvie_3

Banned
C10h7qsWIAA1Gb2.jpg

FUUUUCCCCCKIINNNG GIVE ME THESEE!!!!

ILL BUY 20
Those are sweet.

Why is toews even there anyways
To piss you off?

People getting salty over a pointless all star game is hilarious.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
kind of amazing that this is Rask's first all star game... Crosby's second... [if he makes it]

Zetterberg hasn't been to one, yet.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I hope Crosby is replaced by Grabner when he decides not to show up.

Anyway, McDonagh didn't really deserve to be the Rangers' representative at the All-Star Game last year, he just got in by default. This year he absolutely earned it and deserves to be there, probably as the 1D for the Metro team.

Also, how heinous is the goaltending in the Pacific Division that Mike Smith got in? Alternatively, how terrible are the rest of the Yotes that that was the best available option?

Socreges

Banned
I hope Crosby is replaced by Grabner when he decides not to show up.

Anyway, McDonagh didn't really deserve to be the Rangers' representative at the All-Star Game last year, he just got in by default. This year he absolutely earned it and deserves to be there, probably as the 1D for the Metro team.

Also, how heinous is the goaltending in the Pacific Division that Mike Smith got in? Alternatively, how terrible are the rest of the Yotes that that was the best available option?
Not...at all? Smith has been fine. He made the most sense since, as you said, the rest of the team has been bad.

Russo is speculating that Toews was named to the ASG because he will also be named to the NHL top 100 players and the NHL wants him there for that.

I could see it tbh

Samyy

Russo is speculating that Toews was named to the ASG because he will also be named to the NHL top 100 players and the NHL wants him there for that.

I could see it tbh

Wait, in the top 100 all-time? That seems slightly ridiculous. Nothing against Toews but is he really a top 100 NHL player ever?

Socreges

Banned
Wait, in the top 100 all-time? That seems slightly ridiculous. Nothing against Toews but is he really a top 100 NHL player ever?
Captain for 3 Cups goes a long way. Plus a Conn Smythe and Selke winner. Nearly PPG in both regular season and playoffs.

Yawnier

Banned
TIL 35 year old Radim Vrbata leads the Yotes in points so far this season

They should have went all in with the tank last year to get their hometown kid.

Top Bottom