• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2017 |OT| May 2016's reign of terror end with the Wild's sacrificial loss

C1x0s_IUQAE8EYV.jpg

giphy.gif

Quick

Banned
I'm okay with that.

Caps should switch to their thirds full time next season.

I have a feeling the Oilers are switching back to the blue the season after when third jerseys are (presumably) going to be reintroduced. Then the blue takes over as the home, orange back to alternates. Or something.

As much as I like the retro trend running in sports right now, I think the Caps have great all around design right now with the modernized Caps logo.

Pikma

Banned
You see, Montreal Canadiens lost because they were missing 36 #1 Centers, 18 top 4 Dmen, Price didn't have a good night of sleep yesterday and Bettman sent a bunch of crooked refs to make sure they didn't outshine the less deserving, but more privileged, teams such as the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Chicago Blackhawks

To put it simple, the odds were against them

Stasis

You see, Montreal Canadiens lost because they were missing 36 #1 Centers, 18 top 4 Dmen, Price didn't have a good night of sleep yesterday and Bettman sent a bunch of crooked refs to make sure they didn't outshine the less deserving, but more privileged, teams such as the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Chicago Blackhawks

To put it simple, the odds were against them

Ok but say it in French now tho.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
If the playoffs started right now, the Rangers would be the wild card away team despite having a better record than 3 of 4 division winners.

We gonna have some fun in April, Habs-GAF. Would be a real shame if something happened to your All-Star Captain somewhere along the way before then.

64qm4J8.jpg

mdubs

Banned
Ryan has 5 more years with a $7.25M cap hit. That would be a hard sell to a trade partner.

This is the same guy that scored 30 goals in 4 straight seasons with the Ducks, including 31 goals in 64 games as a 22 year old. And he only missed 17 games in 3 seasons with the Senators so I'm not sure how much you can attribute to injuries (though it might be something chronic).

Don't worry, I'm sure Jim Benning will find a way to make this happen for the Senators

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Amazing

Even better that it was another Leafs fan

he really is a shea weber clone, tho

huge, mobile, looks like a giraffe on skates, hits everything, has a slap shot that would rip your face off and anyone hiding behind you, generates a lot of offense.

an advanced stats fans biggest nightmare... potentially also hardwired to grab people by the back of their heads and slam them face first into the glass... not confirmed yet

Socreges

Banned
he really is a shea weber clone, tho

huge, mobile, looks like a giraffe on skates, hits everything, has a slap shot that would rip your face off and anyone hiding behind you, generates a lot of offense.

an advanced stats fans biggest nightmare... potentially also hardwired to grab people by the back of their heads and slam them face first into the glass... not confirmed yet
giphy.gif

Pikma

Banned
Lmao what's the point of replacing a shit goalie with a shit goalie and late in the third period too

Edit: ahahhahaha

Top Bottom