• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2017 |OT| May 2016's reign of terror end with the Wild's sacrificial loss

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Hold up, to get voice chat on the console, you have to download an app on your phone?

Am I reading that right?

Our new dedicated smart device app will connect to Nintendo Switch and let you invite friends to play online, set play appointments, and chat with friends during online matches in compatible games─all from your smart device.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Hold up, to get voice chat on the console, you have to download an app on your phone?

Am I reading that right?
LOL like it's gonna be VOICE chat. They probably mean text messaging. Nintendo is too scurred to allow voice chat cause people are mean online.

Pikma

Banned
Yeah, that's the only way I'd get one in the near future, if the Zelda Wii U version is shit, because I'm dying to play that game

Edit: but by the time we found out the console will be nigh impossible to find so I guess it's the same thing.

Pikma

Banned
Yeah it's only through the app lol

willdo.png

Zelda looks good, a strong launch game definitely. I'm a bit worried it'll lose the combat puzzle within an open world setting.

Mario's New York section looks really bad, but I bet the rest of the game will be fun.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I got a pre-order in on Best Buy just in case. Only gonna buy it for Zelda then Mario later this year. However, if the console ends up being hard to find like the NES MIni, I'm just gonna flip it for a profit since I can wait until later in the year to play those games.

I don't understand why the real world parts of Mario look like our world... Is Mario not a human? I thought he came to the Mushroom Kingdom from New York City? I'm so confused.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
I have the standard, Special, and Master editions preordered. I'll decide which one to keep when it's not 3:30 in the morning on a work night.

Also got a system preorder in on Amazon.

Line_HTX

I think I'll wait until the price drops. That presentation was so shit. They still suck at giving the most compelling of reasons to get it when there are extra stuff you have to pay (lmao paid online can go FUCKING SHOVED INTO THE GLASS) and games that I thought were packed-in were actually not.

Complete joke.

PillarEN

Even if the Switch launched with only one game all would be forgiven if the price for everything related to the Switch wasn't off its rocker.

All hype really has been killed until the price drops dramatically and the library has grown. Hope that things are in check by the time the new Smash Bros comes out. Can't wait to shell out like 300 bucks to play with 4 people on the couch. (Edit) in necessary accessories I mean.

Pikma

Banned
Riddle me this:

I have a really sick Honda Fit. Would you take care of it? It will be 10 years old this August.

I'm moving to a land that knows nothing of hockey.
You're moving to Los Angeles just like the Chargers? Clyde, but I thought you already lived in Los Angeles...

Reckheim

Even if the Switch launched with only one game all would be forgiven if the price for everything related to the Switch wasn't off its rocker.

All hype really has been killed until the price drops dramatically and the library has grown. Hope that things are in check by the time the new Smash Bros comes out. Can't wait to shell out like 300 bucks to play with 4 people on the couch. (Edit) in necessary accessories I mean.
100% agree, I mean compare that price to xone or the ps4 with all the games and 3rd party support they already have.

Not to mention the only game worth playing (imo) at launch is Zelda which can be played on a wiiu.

The prices on the accessories are fucking ridiculous as well ($70 for pro controller).

Regardless, on topic. Finally the leafs are playing tonight, it was a rough week.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
It's a great show. Goggins pulls out another Boyd Crowder in terms of carving out an unforgettable character and performance.

I need to finish that as well. Love Goggins. Another show I need to finish is Justified, got side-tracked somehow.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I need to finish that as well. Love Goggins. Another show I need to finish is Justified, got side-tracked somehow.

It's a great show. Goggins pulls out another Boyd Crowder in terms of carving out an unforgettable character and performance.

Speaking of, did you get around to watching the final season Solo?

You guys have to, it's up there with the show's best, just behind season 2.

Marvie_3

Banned
100% agree, I mean compare that price to xone or the ps4 with all the games and 3rd party support they already have.

Not to mention the only game worth playing (imo) at launch is Zelda which can be played on a wiiu.

The prices on the accessories are fucking ridiculous as well ($70 for pro controller).

Regardless, on topic. Finally the leafs are playing tonight, it was a rough week.
Ps4 and xbo dont have mario odyssey though.

Pikma

Banned
I don't know how someone could follow Nintendo at any point over the past 20 years and be surprised or salty at what was shown last night.
I was actually surprised Nintendo would dare to go as low as to sell the system to canadian customers at a loss.

I think it's unfair to us to be quite honest, it should be priced at least $200 CAD higher, at least. I wish we could do something about it...

Calamari41

41 > 38
I was actually surprised Nintendo would dare to go as low as to sell the system to canadian customers at a loss.

I think it's unfair to us to be quite honest, it should be priced at least $200 CAD higher, at least. I wish we could do something about it...

We can and will do something about it.

Imbask, get your buddy Trump on the phone and have him shoot off a tweet about this. We'll have this price fixed by day's end.

Top Bottom