• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2017 |OT| May 2016's reign of terror end with the Wild's sacrificial loss

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Rangers lineup tonight against the Leafs:

Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Grabner-Hayes-Miller
Vesey-Lindberg-Nash
Buchnevich-Pirri-Fast

McDonagh-Skjei
Holden-Girardi
Clendening-Klein

Lundqvist

PP1: McDonagh, Pirri, Kreider, Stepan, Zuccarello
PP2: Clendening, Buchnevich, Hayes, Vesey, Nash

Almost back to full strength...

These are the jerseys the Rangers will be wearing during warmups tonight:

bc1HMWx.jpg

Stasis

Can't wait until Ziba is back too. Please no injuries until then. Full lineup for a few weeks would be great. Let our defensive forwards help out the shoddy D when we're back to rolling 4 good lines.

Speaking of which, never thought I'd miss Staal. We need to make a move for a competent righty.

McDonagh - Skjei
Staal - Shattenkirk
Graves - Clendening

That could be our future D corps. I'd like to replace Staal too, but there's no way we can manage a full turnover that quickly.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Should note Buchnevich is not going to play tomorrow night. They don't want to play him in back to backs just yet.

Zibanejad isn't playing this weekend because they feel he needs more practice time. He may be in next week after participating in full practice on Monday.

calder

Ugh, I don't know how to do good non-upside down screenshots of twitter.

kFpysy3.jpg

P2j9YFP.jpg

"Be better" like getting yelled at by your internet dad. :(

The moral of the story is: the Bobfather doesn't just let shit slide.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
People online discussing giving up Sergacehv in a package for Duchene.......really on the fence with that one, I think Sergachev will play in the NHL next season, and we don't have any other decent D prospects aside from Juulsen who doesn't get the trade done. If this is going to be the Habs best chance at a cup, maybe Duchene is worth it.

Socreges

Banned
MacKenzie has seemed more volatile and emotional since TSN lost the NHL to Sportsnet. Or maybe it's Twitter that's transformed him slowly. Either way he used to be pretty chill.

People online discussing giving up Sergacehv in a package for Duchene.......really on the fence with that one, I think Sergachev will play in the NHL next season, and we don't have any other decent D prospects aside from Juulsen who doesn't get the trade done. If this is going to be the Habs best chance at a cup, maybe Duchene is worth it.
Price is declining fast. Just look at the last 6 weeks. Gotta go for the Cup yesterday.

Parch

Ouch. Sergachev's upside is looking pretty good, and it's a whole different situation with defencemen. Don't underestimate the value of quality defencemen. As much as I'd like to see Duchene a hab, make it happen with young forwards, picks, and turd d-men. A high potential defenceman like Sergachev could be a very regrettable loss.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Ouch. Sergachev's upside is looking pretty good, and it's a whole different situation with defencemen. Don't underestimate the value of quality defencemen. As much as I'd like to see Duchene a hab, make it happen with young forwards, picks, and turd d-men. A high potential defenceman like Sergachev could be a very regrettable loss.
They want a top D prospect in any trade for either Duchene / Landeskog reportedly, but Sergachev has legitimate top pairing upside. Really tough call.

Sergachev for Duchene? Where do I sign?

I rather trade Beaulieu and Juulsen and a 1st for Duchene

Then in a Separate deal try to get Tyson Barrie or someone to help with our blue line

The downside is Duchene declines playing under Therrien and Sergachev becomes a great player. I don't want that to happen I want Sergachev to stay. Duchene is not worth Sergachev at all it would have to be someone like OEL or Ghostbear/Provonov

We could Always trade Gallagher if we're really desperate for Duchene

imBask

Banned
i'm with Solo on that one

gotta give something to get something, Juulsen is a decently safe cushion and i'm still thinking the all-in mentality is the only right one for us

the ONLY argument I have against it is that the price might be too high because now every GM can use the Taylor Hall comparison

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
What do you guys think Habs would need to include with Sergachev to get Duchene?

Well we have a lot of busts and future busts we could throw in.

I honestly don't know what it would take to get him. I'd hope to hold onto the first round pick for another trade, but who knows.

Socreges

Banned
At work if I ever see the bathroom door only slightly ajar, instead of well open like any such door should be, I know it's because someone took a nasty shit and they have done the unconscious shame close. Wherein they want to hide the stink even though all that does is trap it in there for the next person to enjoy in all its full, fresh potency.

😒

At work if I ever see the bathroom door only slightly ajar, instead of well open like any such door should be, I know it's because someone took a nasty shit and they have done the unconscious shame close. Wherein they want to hide the stink even though all that does is trap it in there for the next person to enjoy in all its full, fresh potency.

😒

Fermented poo.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Just had to (I guess) shake hands with Nick Kypreos to get into the Garden. It is a 90th Anniversary Night here, as seem to be most Original Six games.

Top Bottom