• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2017 |OT| May 2016's reign of terror end with the Wild's sacrificial loss

eyeless

I can't remember, was this the Leafs 13th or 14th straight loss against the Habs?

sure

ZK35qOZ.png
🙄

lighten up habs avengers

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
The Analyitcs Management put him on waivers? They must not know what they're talking about

I can't remember, was this the Leafs 13th or 14th straight loss against the Habs?

It was the third time in a row you faced us on the back end of a back to back while your team was rested.

Just something to think of when you stare at the standings with your false pride and sense of accomplishment.

All that separates our teams is 3 games where yours played with a handicap.

imBask

Banned
It was the third time in a row you faced us on the back end of a back to back while your team was rested.

Just something to think of when you stare at the standings with your false pride and sense of accomplishment.

our rested team was arguably missing 4 players in our top 6 and our #2 dman

Keep peddling the injustice angle though, it worked for the Bruins in the past

EDIT: oh and I forgot, wanna talk about losers point?

our rested team was arguably missing 4 players in our top 6 and our #2 dman

Keep peddling the injustice angle though, it worked for the Bruins in the past

EDIT: oh and I forgot, wanna talk about losers point?

https://youtu.be/5DmYLrxR0Y8

Solo

Therrien at it again. Galchenyuk's new (third) line: Andrighetto-AGally-Shaw. Barf. Danault is new franchise 1st line centre.

Parch

Seems like a waste of Gally's talent, but Danault has certainly proven his worth on the top line. Stick with what works, and if he slows down then you know how to blender the lines when necessary.

Secondary scoring is a big catchphrase now. If you can figure out how to have 3 productive lines you're ahead of the curve. If not, you keep mixing it up until you do.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
AGally played one of his worst games of the season yesterday, the whole line did. Nothing wrong with easing him in on a lower line until he's back too 100%. That line was fucking painful to watch last night.

We were missing half our team lmao and since you get hard to stats here's one for you for our false sense of pride and accomplishment

Since that 13-1-1 start the Habs are 2nd in the league in CF%, 2nd in SF%, 3rd in xGF%.
This while Price has been riding a terrible save percentage for almost two months now, Habs could win the cup and people will do anything can to discredit it. At least you'll have your rookie records to hold onto.

calder

I'll watch it naked and sprinkle salts on my penis tip.

It would be worth the near certain weeks-long shutdown of Twitter in Canada. Oh god, reporters would be SHOUTING at Trudeau during his pressers demanding he take a stand and denounce a random hooking penalty in the first game. Is there a town exactly halfway between Toronto and Montreal we could sacrifice and turn into a burning crater of drunken fan brawls?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
It would be worth the near certain weeks-long shutdown of Twitter in Canada. Oh god, reporters would be SHOUTING at Trudeau during his pressers demanding he take a stand and denounce a random hooking penalty in the first game. Is there a town exactly halfway between Toronto and Montreal we could sacrifice and turn into a burning crater of drunken fan brawls?

Ottawa.

Not halfway but it's probably the one thing we could agree on given the criteria.

Solo

Seems like a waste of Gally's talent, but Danault has certainly proven his worth on the top line. Stick with what works, and if he slows down then you know how to blender the lines when necessary.

Secondary scoring is a big catchphrase now. If you can figure out how to have 3 productive lines you're ahead of the curve. If not, you keep mixing it up until you do.

Oh, I'm not trying to downplay Danault's contributions - he's been huge. And I'm not trying to downplay the rust AGally has shown the last 2 games - he's been awful.

But at the same time, you have to let your #1 guy get back in the swing of things again and put him in a position to succeed. I don't mind a short term demotion, but at least put AGally in Plekanec's spot with Lehkonen/Byron, instead of putting him with Ghetto/Shaw. How is he supposed to find his offensive footing when you put him on a line with 2 black holes of offense? At least Byron/Lehkonen would be 2 guys with some offensive upside.

It just speaks to Therrien's achilles heel: he might be *the* worst coach in the NHL when it comes to making adjustments. When things are going good, he's alright, but when things are going bad, he goes into panic mode.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I don't mind a short term demotion, but at least put AGally in Plekanec's spot with Lehkonen/Byron, instead of putting him with Ghetto/Shaw. How is he supposed to find his offensive footing when you put him on a line with 2 black holes of offense? At least Byron/Lehkonen would be 2 guys with some offensive upside.
Pleks line with those two has been the only bright side of the past few games, and Pleks finally seems to regaining at least a bit of his game, you can't break them up now. These lines are fine for a game or two, then everything should be back to normal.

Parch

It just speaks to Therrien's achilles heel: he might be *the* worst coach in the NHL when it comes to making adjustments. When things are going good, he's alright, but when things are going bad, he goes into panic mode.
I agree he's bad at it, but NHL coaches frequently adjusting lines is a pretty common practice now. It's a rare team that consistently has the same 4 lines for any length of time. It's not panic mode, it the reality of the NHL nowadays.

Socreges

Banned
I'm well aware of who they beat. The context was that it was an improvement over the last time they played lesser teams* (per standing ranking). If I was going on like the Blue Jays were when they won their game to make the playoffs, I could see your previous comment having merit.

But I certainly wasn't doing anything of that sort.

*One of said teams being, funny enough, the Arizona Coyotes.
I understand now. The Jets are the 6-year-old nephew!

This is adorable. <3 the Sedins

6a81d51c8e4847a799b5edd8236eaacd.png

:)

A Sedin- Less Canucks is going to suck
Fuck me. Fans of other teams speaking highly of the Sedins. Praise from OCDChewie will be the true canary in the coal mine, though, and portend their complete collapse. &#128542;

Chris Nichols – &#8207;@NicholsOnHockey

Dreger: Sounds like Shattenkirk is willing to consider several options: #Leafs, #NYR, #Bruins, #RedWings, #SJSharks, #NHLDucks, #Avs

Hmmmm

Oh yeah New York or Boston is going to get Shattenkirk. Maybe Leafs........?

zroid

Banned
Hmmmm

Oh yeah New York or Boston is going to get Shattenkirk. Maybe Leafs........?

Mirtle was saying on a recent podcast that the Leafs should offer him way above market value (like $8M+ AAV) on just a 2 year deal while they have a ton of cap space (aka before Matthews and Marner get paid). I think it makes a lot of sense but it depends whether he's willing to take a short term deal.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
A wild Zuccarello appears.

5uNDNo7.gif

Kreider-Stepan-Zuccarello
Buchnevich-Zibanejad-Nash
Grabner-Hayes-Miller
Vesey-Lindberg-Pirri

McDonagh-Girardi
Holden-Klein
Skjei-Clendening

Lundqvist