• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL January 2017 |OT| May 2016's reign of terror end with the Wild's sacrificial loss

calder

I feel ya, Erdrick. My best ever ping-pong performance was against my 6-year-old nephew. Felt damn good. Smoked that fucking kid. My family wasn't impressed, but fuck them eh?

I still don't understand your point about not being pleased when your bad team beats another bad team to end a shameful losing streak. Even worse, you received a pity fake laugh from Yawner, the damp squib of LeafsGAF. 😐

calder

Drai and mcjesus on a 2 on 1 in ot and when they didn't score I frowned at the tv like a game I was playing glitched subtly

And now mcjesus scores on a breakaway... maybe? What the hell?!?

calder

Did he push the hand back with the stick, or was it just the force of the puck?
I thought maybe on first replay but no I don't think his stick touched Reimers glove at all. If anything it was mcdavids ludicrous speed that had reimer backing up too fast to control his body positioning. He probably didn't even realize his hand was in the net when it happened, which may explain why he was so adamant.

Replay to me clearly showed the puck entirely well over the line, not sure what exactly the panthers are arguing.

Socreges

Banned
I still don't understand your point about not being pleased when your bad team beats another bad team to end a shameful losing streak. Even worse, you received a pity fake laugh from Yawner, the damp squib of LeafsGAF. 😐
Poor analogy maybe, but the point is obvious! Context matters. An observation of how impressive your team has played, without any caveat or acknowledgement of who the opponent* is, seems unusual for a community where the most muted positivity is met with shouts of shame shame shame.

* The Arizona Coyotes

calder

Sweet merciful Zeus every new Switch thread is a fresh glorious hell to bask in. I want to print out every page of that mobile app thread, toss it all on the floor and roll around on the paper like an animal, it's like Nintendo based every decision on what would make people lose their shit the most. And then Reggie comes out to piss on their faces and tell them it's the most elegant of rains.

Solo

This team looks eerily similar to the past few years (can't score for shit) but with atrocious goaltending. Lovely.

Git gud, Carey.

Our Recent record is on both Price and the Defenceman because they have been playing Mediocre for the past few weeks.

Price looked like himself last night but then he keeps giving up more goals I've seen him give up since he was a rookie and I think with the new goalie equipment coming in he might need to reinvent himself. His performance in the second half of the season has been Mediocre. It could hurt the team out of the playoffs if he keeps this up. Not winning the Veznia this year with Officer Bob and Dubnyk dominating.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
apparently the rangers are dressing hellberg tonight

either they really believe in this backup or they want him to feel miserable

(though the score could be lying)

Erdrick

Poor analogy maybe, but the point is obvious! Context matters. An observation of how impressive your team has played, without any caveat or acknowledgement of who the opponent* is, seems unusual for a community where the most muted positivity is met with shouts of shame shame shame.

* The Arizona Coyotes

I'm well aware of who they beat. The context was that it was an improvement over the last time they played lesser teams* (per standing ranking). If I was going on like the Blue Jays were when they won their game to make the playoffs, I could see your previous comment having merit.

But I certainly wasn't doing anything of that sort.

*One of said teams being, funny enough, the Arizona Coyotes.

Seems inevitable that the Bruins fire Julien, wonder who goes for him first.

Islanders, Dallas(if Ruff gets fired) Florida or maybe even Vegas.

When there were talks of Claude's firing last year which didn't happen I remember that Boston had a coach already in line in the AHL Coach or the Boston College coach.

Pikma

Banned
Ooooh leafs do I have a couple of young promising excellent dmen

Their names are Oleksiak and Nemeth

I'll even throw a goalie or two in the bag free of charge

You just need to sign a paper and I'll take care of the rest

What do I want in return you ask? Absolutely nothing, it's all good will!

Yawnier

Banned
Ooooh leafs do I have a couple of young promising excellent dmen

Their names are Oleksiak and Nemeth

I'll even throw a goalie or two in the bag free of charge

You just need to sign a paper and I'll take care of the rest

What do I want in return you ask? Absolutely nothing, it's all good will!

There is no way Oleksiak and Nemeth are worse than the Hunlak pairing. No way.

imBask

Banned
sADpWgY.png

injustice

Delryk

Our Recent record is on both Price and the Defenceman because they have been playing Mediocre for the past few weeks.

Price looked like himself last night but then he keeps giving up more goals I've seen him give up since he was a rookie and I think with the new goalie equipment coming in he might need to reinvent himself. His performance in the second half of the season has been Mediocre. It could hurt the team out of the playoffs if he keeps this up. Not winning the Veznia this year with Officer Bob and Dubnyk dominating.

Heard players from other teams on the radiosaying they've noticed that Price isn't as fast as before in his movements. If that's true, more and more players will be confident against Price and that'll make it hard for him to get back to where he was before.. Guess time will tell!

imBask

Banned
Price ALWAYS looks slow. When it fails it looks like he's not into it, when it works it looks like everything is just too easy for him

Top Bottom