• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He's in Ottawa so I can believe it. Ugliest chicks in the country.
I meant more how I can't believe people can actually type like that when drunk.

The Geoffrion hit was ridiculous, he got absolutely run over, but good to hear he's suppose to have a full recovery.

I meant more how I can't believe people can actually type like that when drunk.

The Geoffrion hit was ridiculous, he got absolutely run over, but good to hear he's suppose to have a full recovery.

If they didnt type like that how else would people know how awesomely drunk they were?

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/blogs/57299562.html

Yesterday just started on bad footing when the league and union were supposed to meet at 10 a.m. The union kept the league waiting until 4 p.m., something the Fehrs have done a handful of times throughout this lockout.

Then, instead of responding to the NHL’s proposals on revenue sharing and split of revenues, Don Fehr tried to demonstrate on paper how the two sides mathematically were “much closer together” than the league thought. The league disagreed, and things were off to a bad start and almost instantaneously went into private caucuses.

Gawd this whole process just looks like a gong show, getting harder to care.

http://www.startribune.com/sports/wild/blogs/57299562.html

Gawd this whole process just looks like a gong show, getting harder to care.
So the guy who delivered the proposal that is mathematically impossible tells the league their math is wrong?

Forced to follow the Rampage on twitter (yes I've sunk that low) and there is this gem from the Marlies' twitter:

They are down 1-0... they're not losing. RT @ANogueira04: #Marlies losing already 1-0 #MarliesLive

Edit: now 2-0

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I really want to make Fehr eat shit. Fucking cunt. He polished the gun that killed the Expos and the NHL will lose markets if they lose a season.

At the rate fehr is going, the NHL will come out stellar.

Bettman isn't a pushover and when the league eventually cancels the season and fehr continues his horseshit and the NHL doesn't budge a second year... NHL will use scabs which fehr thinks fans wont watch. There is so much discontent for the nhlpa right now, so I'm going to watch... And not only that, but buy as many tickets as I can.

It will push the offerings to players even lower and they'll toss fehr out and cave. Cry about making less? Less is better than nothing.

Marvie_3

Banned
At the rate fehr is going, the NHL will come out stellar.

Bettman isn't a pushover and when the league eventually cancels the season and fehr continues his horseshit and the NHL doesn't budge a second year... NHL will use scabs which fehr thinks fans wont watch. There is so much discontent for the nhlpa right now, so I'm going to watch... And not only that, but buy as many tickets as I can.

It will push the offerings to players even lower and they'll toss fehr out and cave. Cry about making less? Less is better than nothing.

Especially when you're making a minimum of $500k.

I'm on board with Spectre's idea now. 90% owners/10% players. I'll also add no guaranteed contracts. Fuck these fucking fucks.

Especially when you're making a minimum of $500k.

I'm on board with Spectre's idea now. 90% owners/10% players. I'll also add no guaranteed contracts. Fuck these fucking fucks.

You make Sopel sad.

image.php

Socreges

Banned
The 'problem' is that it's framed for them in terms of fairness and class struggle. They think they're fighting for a place in history and don't want to be on the losing side. Or something.

I used to be part of a pretty powerful union. The language that they use is fascinating. When you have a huge stake in combative negotiations (I never did - my salary was going to remain the same), people get swallowed up by it and it shapes how they see the other side, the meaning of the negotiations, the process, the gains/losses, everything.

It would be interesting to hear more from Fehr and what motivates him personally.

Marvie_3

Banned
The 'problem' is that it's framed for them in terms of fairness and class struggle. They think they're fighting for a place in history and don't want to be on the losing side. Or something.

I used to be part of a pretty powerful union. The language that they use is fascinating. When you have a huge stake in combative negotiations (I never did - my salary was going to remain the same), people get swallowed up by it and it shapes how they see the other side, the meaning of the negotiations, the process, the gains/losses, everything.

It would be interesting to hear more from Fehr and what motivates him personally.
He's gunning for that Biggest Douche in the Universe award that's eluded him for so long.

I can't believe they want to be paid for a full 82 game season, season's probably toast if they keep that up.

Keep moving those goalposts Fehr.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I can't believe they want to be paid for a full 82 game season, season's probably toast if they keep that up.

Keep moving those goalposts Fehr.

82 game season... Plus 5% compound over the course of the CBA

Nothing says controlling costs like coming into the first season paying more in salaries than revenue

NHLPA is trying to destroy the nhl

Nothing says controlling costs like coming into the first season paying more in salaries than revenue

It's payback for the last lockout and for his buddy Goodenow in particular.

Great, the TSSU are now actively harassing students and faculty on campus, in addition to withholding our grades.

Fuck unions. They're all run by greedy childish pieces of shit.

Kadri finally netted his first goal of the season

KadriDance.gif
Nice! 1g 3a in 10gp! He'll be an NHL stud for suuuuure.

Wanna know who else got a goal today?

Brandon McMillan.

Kadri is as good as McMillan.

Think about that.

Also despite the lockout, apparently AHL attendance this year is worse than last year? What happened?

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I don't believe it. Brucewaynegretzky said the players are the real heroes here.

Top Bottom