• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
If he was going to quit, he'd do it quietly. He'll use this as an opportunity to state how far apart the two are and how disappointed he is in the owners.

Where can I watch?

Please record it in case he spontaneously combusts

For sports fans everywhere

Oh and fehrs 100% salary demand? It was 100% plus 5% increase

How anybody can support the union is baffling.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Michael Grange ‏@michaelgrange
Can confirm #NHLPA offer details by @NYP_Brooksie -- stunning if accurate. Players looking for $1.83B compounded by 5% annually

Hahaha fuckkkk compounded!

NHLPA back to their "growth"

BILLIONS OF DOLLARS, BILLIONS OF DOLLARS

S6IeS.gif

Socreges

Banned
Bettman and Fehr both spoke to the media, and neither was willing to discuss the process. Bettman said he's willing to meet tonight, but hasn't said if that will happen. Fehr will be speaking to the players and then addressing the media.

CCF23

Apparently the PA wants to work out the framework of a deal and then how it will work with a shortened season, so they're not looking for the players to get paid as if they were playing 82 games even though they won't be.

Thank fuck they're not that cuntish.

Marvie_3

Banned
http://espn.go.com/blog/nhl/post/_/id/20186/stalemate-returns-to-cba-negotiations

Sources on both sides confirmed to ESPN.com that the league’s Make Whole offer -- an attempt to honor players’ existing contracts -- amounts to $211 million of guaranteed money ($149 million in Year 1 and $62 million in Year 2, both deferred in payment by one year and payable with interest). The league’s belief is that by Year 3 of the deal, revenues will have likely grown enough that at 50 percent of HRR the players shouldn’t face much if any salary erosion in escrow. At which one NHLPA source countered, what if the revenues don’t grow that much? Then what? The union says in that case players aren’t made whole on their contracts.

Listen, the league’ $211 million Make Whole offer is not anything to sniff at; it’s a tangible move on the league’s part. But it’s still nowhere close to where the NHLPA would be willing to sign off on. Try about $600 million or so. That might do it.

At $211 million, the NHLPA doesn’t feel that comes close to making players "whole" on current contracts.

"It’s not make whole -- it’s make partial," said one player via text.

The NHLPA, sources on both sides confirmed Friday night, instead told the league Friday that it wants a guarantee that players won’t earn a dime less than the $1.883 billion in salaries made last season plus 1.75 percent on top of that. You can imagine the league’s reaction to that. The whole point of this lockout from the owners’ perspective is to back the players down from $1.883 billion a year in salary costs.

calder

Was kinda expecting it, but still a bummer of a day. Listening to Hockey Central at Noon most days (either online or the next day on the bus) is kinda agonizing a lot of the time but the HC crew have been pretty bang on this week as far as gauging how much, or little, actual progress was being made.

Meh. I'm lacking in reading material lately so I bought "The Best of Down Goes Brown", which is truly some funny shit even if, like me, you regularly read the DGB site.

Next is "The Instigator: How Gary Bettman Remade the NHL and Changed the Game Forever", sounds like a good read. Lots of hockey guys have been referencing it lately when explaining Bettman's attitude towards the CBA and negotiating etc.

Pochacco

asking dangerous questions
Elliotte Friedman wrote some thoughts on Fehr and the NHL's latest attempt to break the NHLPA by attacking Fehr. It's a good read: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion/2012/11/gloves-are-off-between-nhl-players-union.html

I find this whole conflict very interesting. It's like a strategy game with each side having access to a variety of weapons (the press, time, intimidation, etc.). Once you stop caring about the actual hockey part and actual prospect of saving the season - and I have - it's genuinely fun to follow.

Elliotte Friedman wrote some thoughts on Fehr and the NHL's latest attempt to break the NHLPA by attacking Fehr. It's a good read: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion/2012/11/gloves-are-off-between-nhl-players-union.html

I find this whole conflict very interesting. It's like a strategy game with each side having access to a variety of weapons (the press, time, intimidation, etc.). Once you stop caring about the actual hockey part and actual prospect of saving the season - and I have - it's genuinely fun to follow.

I really need to stop reading the comments on these articles. They're so god damned depressing.

eznark

Banned
Holy fuckin shit at the Geoffrion injury. Shattered skull is a pretty fucking frightening report to wake up to.

Had parts of skull removed. Blood rushed to brain. Supposedly also took a skate to the face.

Skated off on his own power

Fucking boom boom indeed.

I would say Fehr drives good men to cake boss, but cake boss was cakebossing before Fehr.

I notice something. Fehr and fuck are both four letter cuss words starting with f.

can we say this season is fehred?

AlexMogil

BILLIONS OF DOLLARS, BILLIONS OF DOLLARS

S6IeS.gif

Maybe we can convince Vince to create XHL. If only his wife had won, could have been a federal mandate.

No helmets
No face offs - just sprint from opposite ends for the puck
No goalie trapezoid
25% smaller rink
Ice girls must have implants
One Byfuglien-sized player for each team

CREMSteve

OKC, with all of it's vaunted NHL offense, Hall, Hugent-Hopkins, Eberle, Schultz... shut out last night by the Heat. :D

Abby is now 7-1-0-2, having a fantastic season. Baertschi leading the team in points, Horak in goals, life is good!

Tonight's rematch is on Sportsnet. Fuck the NHL.

OKC, with all of it's vaunted NHL offense, Hall, Hugent-Hopkins, Eberle, Schultz... shut out last night by the Heat. :D

Abby is now 7-1-0-2, having a fantastic season. Baertschi leading the team in points, Horak in goals, life is good!

Tonight's rematch is on Sportsnet. Fuck the NHL.
So their last two games OKC has managed........ 0 pts.

Top Bottom