• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Guess I'll be devil's advocate and say I always found Sundin terribly overrated. Sure he's got great stats, but just being surrounded by mediocre players, and with little success, he never felt like any sort of MVP player that carried the team to elite status.

Laughable. What player won the Stanley Cup alone? I wonder how Sundin would be viewed if Quebec traded Forsberg instead of him. Nobody discounts other stars for playing on stacked teams (Sakic, Forsberg, Yzerman, etc.), but they do it to Sundin who was on average teams. He made everyone he played with better.

Bobby Holik played against Sundin his whole life: http://holikonhockey.com/bobby-blog/honoring-mats-sundin/

Laughable. What player won the Stanley Cup alone? I wonder how Sundin would be viewed if Quebec traded Forsberg instead of him. Nobody discounts other stars for playing on stacked teams, but they do it to Sundin who was on average teams. He made everyone he played with better.

I'm glad we traded you for Sundin :p

leKeh.gif

So with the HHOF inductions today, who is your favourite player out of the bunch?

I'm a bit bias as Adam Oates was one of my favourite players growing up, so if I had to choose one, he gets my vote. Big influence on how I played hockey, and just admired his ability to be a hell of a playmaker and to seemingly be able to pass the puck to anyone on the ice to set up so many goals.

Adam Oates. I'm a bit biased as well because of the 03 SCF. He was fantastic.

CCF23

So with the HHOF inductions today, who is your favourite player out of the bunch?

I'm a bit bias as Adam Oates was one of my favourite players growing up, so if I had to choose one, he gets my vote. Big influence on how I played hockey, and just admired his ability to be a hell of a playmaker and to seemingly be able to pass the puck to anyone on the ice to set up so many goals.

Bure, both because I'm biased and because he did things at top speed that most guys couldn't do at half speed. That's what made him so damn impressive...Not his speed alone, but his control at his ridiculous speed.

Socreges

Banned
Highlights of Bure's first NHL game

No goals, but it's just cool to watch and imagine what it must've been like to see him skate for the first time. You had to immediately know he was one of a kind.

I actually remember when I was a kid that I was rarely able to watch the games (many weren't televised, if I was even allowed/home/awake to watch them), so I'd always check the newspaper the next morning and just look to see how many times Bure's name would appear on the score sheet. That's probably when I first went from hockey fan to hockey geek.

Pavel Bure AINEC, his skill and speed were off the charts even to this day.

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Highlights of Bure's first NHL game

No goals, but it's just cool to watch and imagine what it must've been like to see him skate for the first time. You had to immediately know he was one of a kind.

I actually remember when I was a kid that I was rarely able to watch the games (many weren't televised, if I was even allowed/home/awake to watch them), so I'd always check the newspaper the next morning and just look to see how many times Bure's name would appear on the score sheet. That's probably when I first went from hockey fan to hockey geek.

Dat full-speed heel kick.

Acid08

Banned
Don't have a problem with any of those HHOF inductees. Some real ass dudes.

*sigh* one day I hope Thornton can win a Cup and there will be no questions whether he should be in the Hall of Fame one day. Jumbo ;_;

Quick

Banned
Kind of feel bad for the guy, he's probably better off now.

I remember when he got injured just by standing still. Puck flew and smacked him in the face, ended up with a broken jaw, I think.

:lol

And the best part is they're replicated the Air Canada Centre feel about it and giving us the same prices!

Prices:
$249.00 - Super Platinum
$199.00 - Platinum
$149.00 - Gold
$129.00 - Silver
$79.00 - Bronze

This is AUD mind you.

Acid08

Banned

And the best part is they're replicated the Air Canada Centre feel about it and giving us the same prices!

Prices:
$249.00 - Super Platinum
$199.00 - Platinum
$149.00 - Gold
$129.00 - Silver
$79.00 - Bronze

This is AUD mind you.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

aw dude you gotta get off that dang island

Kave_Man

come in my shame circle

Prices:
$249.00 - Super Platinum
$199.00 - Platinum
$149.00 - Gold
$129.00 - Silver
$79.00 - Bronze

This is AUD mind you.

HOLY SHIT!

Those prices are so fucking cheap man. Jump on that shit.

Top Bottom