• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NHL Lockout With Your Cock Out |OT|

Socreges

Banned
Corrado scored the game winner for Team OHL.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzvM5QC-ofE#t=14s

23lntav.gif

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I don't see the huge outrage everyone else is feigning.

I didn't read the thread at all, just saw the clip and figured "why not mention zedge again, it's been a while". I couldn't care less about what people spend their free time on, although I admit it's a little weird.

I didn't read the thread at all, just saw the clip and figured "why not mention zedge again, it's been a while". I couldn't care less about what people spend their free time on, although I admit it's a little weird.

Relatively sure I saw a fursuit joke less than a week ago.

At any rate, I don't see how it's any more "weird" than the other fucked up fetishes people have. Not saying that all MLP fans hypersexualize the franchise, as I'm sure they don't, but still. Let people do what they want to do (as long as it doesn't harm others), as far as I'm concerned.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Relatively sure I saw a fursuit joke less than a week ago.

At any rate, I don't see how it's any more "weird" than the other fucked up fetishes people have. Not saying that all MLP fans hypersexualize the franchise, as I'm sure they don't, but still. Let people do what they want to do (as long as it doesn't harm others), as far as I'm concerned.
Don't think anyone has said they're not allowed to do it, rather just commenting on how fucking weird it is, which is valid.

Smiley90

Don't think anyone has said they're not allowed to do it, rather just commenting on how fucking weird it is, which is valid.

Yeah, you can like fur suits, MLP, Justin Bieber, I don't care. It's just a bit weird. But then we burned down the city over losing a hockey game, so really, who am I to judge.

Red_Man

Yeah, you can like fur suits, MLP, Justin Bieber, I don't care. It's just a bit weird. But then we burned down the city over losing a hockey game, so really, who am I to judge.
Whoa, whoa, slow down man, let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here.

Like I said, I don't understand why people think it's weird. It may not be your cup of tea or mine, but what's wrong with them liking it? Congregating around the section of the toys in Toys 'R' Us is a little odd, yeah, but liking it? Eh. You could lump a lot of cartoons into that.

Depends which thing you're arguing is odd.

At least you guys didn't burn it down for winning one, I guess.

Smiley90

Like I said, I don't understand why people think it's weird. It may not be your cup of tea or mine, but what's wrong with them liking it? Congregating around the section of the toys in Toys 'R' Us is a little odd, yeah, but liking it? Eh. You could lump a lot of cartoons into that.

At least you guys didn't burn it down for winning one, I guess.

I think the common definition of "weird" in this case is "liking something that is meant for a target age group of 7-11 and female when you're 30 years old and male". That's objectively "weird" as a criterium.

Red_Man

This is what the lockout has come to, arguing about and defending bronies.

hR9jV.png

I think the common definition of "weird" in this case is "liking something that is meant for a target age group of 7-11 and female when you're 30 years old and male". That's objectively "weird" as a criterium.

As I said, if it's not harming anyone, why do we make them out to be so weird? You could argue the demographics of plenty of games (Nintendo games especially) and such, but do we? Not really.

Red_Man said:
This is what the lockout has come to, arguing and defending bronies.

Not defending. Just questioning why we're deeming it "weird" or "wrong" to begin with.

Complain to Fehr, not me.

Red_Man

It's abnormal behavior for adult men to have such infatuation with a product of entertainment designed for very young girls, therefore it's weird. It's a pretty easy concept to grasp, and no one has said they shouldn't be allowed do what they want. It's just plain weird.

It's abnormal behavior for adult men to have such infatuation with a product of entertainment designed for very young girls, therefore it's weird. It's a pretty easy concept to grasp, and no one has said they shouldn't be allowed do what they want. It's just plain weird.

You say this as though every single one (or even a majority) of them are "infatuated" with it.

I'm a big fan of black men strangling me while I have sex with their second cousins.

yesjacknicholson.gif

Uhhhh when you start calling yourself a "Bronie" I'm pretty sure you're at the point of abnormal infatuation.

Seems they all get lumped into the label. I would imagine not all of them like being called that.

I am not going into their thread to ask either.

Cake Boss

Banned
Like I said in the other thread its basically beastiality and that's their fetish, but what bother me is how the ponies are basically young/adolescent ponies suppose to target young girls, its somewhat getting into the pedofile stage when you are thinking about bum fucking a small pony that talks like a 9 year old girl, fucking sick.

Like I said in the other thread its basically beastiality and that's their fetish, but what bother me is how the ponies are basically young/adolescent ponies suppose to target young girls, its somewhat getting into the pedofile stage when you are thinking about bum fucking a small pony that talks like a 9 year old girl, fucking sick.

Yet again, you say this as though every single one of them see the characters in a sexual manner. I somehow highly doubt that is the case.

Smiley90

I don't think bronies have any kind of erotic feeling towards the ponies though?

Also, once we reach the point of discussing whether having erotic feelings towards adult ponies or non-adult ponies is any different, we're going down a very, very dark path.

I don't think bronies have any kind of erotic feeling towards the ponies though?

Also, once we reach the point of discussing whether having erotic feelings towards adult ponies or non-adult ponies is any different, we're going down a very, very dark path.

We have been since the lockout started.

Cake Boss

Banned
You guys really believe that they watch it for its amazing writing, plot, characters and animation. I could understand it if these people grew up watching a girls cartoon as kids and never really grew out of it like some people still like to watch DBZ and anime shows they watched as kids for nostalgia reasons. But this phenomenon is only a couple of years old.

If they are really watching it for its substance then how come other children shows that are 100 times better than this arent as popular, I saw an episode of it when I babasat my cousin and it was pretty much another crappy kids show, especially compared to other kids shows like Spongebob, Fairy Odd parents, Dexter etc.

You guys really believe that they watch it for its amazing writing, plot, characters and animation. I could understand it if these people grew up watching a girls cartoon as kids and never really grew out of it like some people still like to watch DBZ and anime shows they watched as kids for nostalgia reasons. But this phenomenon is only a couple of years old.

If they are really watching it for its substance then how come other children shows that are 100 times better than this arent as popular, I saw an episode of it when I babasat my cousin and it was pretty much another crappy kids show, especially compared to other kids shows like Spongebob, Fairy Odd parents, Dexter etc.

Uh huh.

Also, yes, I can believe that some of them might watch it for other reasons. Did you watch DBZ because it had half-naked guys in it?

Smiley90

Was about to say "why is a show about a serial killer a kids show", then realized I remembered there's a north american cartoon with the same name too. Move on.

Uh huh.

Also, yes, I can believe that some of them might watch it for other reasons. Did you watch DBZ because it had half-naked guys in it?

Are you really going to argue DBZ has the same kind of storyline as MLP? An anime about superpowers, planet-destroying fistfights and dragons and all kinds of cool shit, vs a show about... ponies?

Was about to say "why is a show about a serial killer a kids show", then realized I remembered there's a north american cartoon with the same name too. Move on.

Yeah, its actual name was Dexter's Laboratory, iirc.

Are you really going to argue DBZ has the same kind of storyline as MLP? An anime about superpowers, planet-destroying fistfights and dragons and all kinds of cool shit, vs a show about... ponies?

No, and I don't believe I ever implied so. I was simply pointing out that jumping to conclusions about why people watch certain shows is idiotic at best.

Socreges

Banned
mlpfan1214 said:
At any rate, I don't see how it's any more "weird" than the other fucked up fetishes people have.
mlpfan1214 said:
Like I said, I don't understand why people think it's weird.
You just called it a "fucked up fetish", but you don't understand why people think it's weird?

So strange that this is what stirs you. What a ridiculous argument to have.

You just called it a "fucked up fetish", but you don't understand why people think it's weird?

So strange that this is what stirs you.

Let's argue over wording and then try to imply that I am even slightly interested in the show while changing my username in the quotes. My implied meaning there was that there are much more odd and harmful things people can be interested in.

Cute, but pretty immature tactics. I expected better of you, given past topics I've seen you debate in.

Smiley90

I'm truly sorry I brought it into this thread. This little joke would've never escalated if there was actual hockey to talk about. Damn.

If by "soon" you mean "a year from now", then sure...

I think he was implying the season is going to be canceled. :p

Edit: Holy fuck, did you go through his posting history to find that? Seems the other option was you viewing the topic, and after the fight you just put up, well...

Pick your poison?

Red_Man

Let's argue over wording and then try to imply that I am even slightly interested in the show while changing my username in the quotes. My argument was that there are much more odd and harmful things people can be interested in.

Cute, but pretty immature tactics. I expected better of you, given past topics I've seen you debate in.
Well you did equate it with other "fucked up fetishes" that's a fact.

I don't understand why you thinking calling it weird is a a harmful thing. Cake Bosse's opinion of it is much more ignorant and derogatory, myself and Smiley are just commenting on the abnormality of it, nothing more, nothing less.

Smiley90

I think he was implying the season is going to be canceled. :p

Edit: Holy fuck, did you go through his posting history to find that? Seems the other option was you viewing the topic, and after the fight you just put up, well...

Pick your poison?

there's this thing called "search thread for posts by username" :p

Well you did equate it with other "fucked up fetishes" that's a fact.

I don't understand why you thinking calling it weird is a a harmful thing. Cake Bosse's opinion of it is much more ignorant and derogatory, myself and Smiley are just commenting on the abnormality of it, nothing more, nothing less.

Yep. I'd say it's objectively weird (because they're so totally opposite of the target audience, and I'd argue this for pretty much ANYTHING where you're so far off the target audience), but I'm not saying they're bad people for doing so. I'd also argue that they don't do it because they have urges (like Cake Boss is implying) at all, I'm sure they all have different reasons for watching it, most probably harmless.

Really could've used this conversation yesterday when I was getting shit for saying SA's hockey thread was better ;)

Thanks Bronie Defense Force!

Socreges

Banned
Let's argue over wording and then try to imply that I am even slightly interested in the show. My argument was that there are much more odd and harmful things people can be interested in.
That contradiction demonstrates that you're arguing against nothing, dude. The conversation should have ended with this perfectly reasonable post, but you kept it going for some reason. Now we're up to our fucking ears in ponyshit.

No one would disagree that there are worse things out there. Obviously.

I was more trying to call into question the standards for calling something weird.

As for Cake Boss, most everything he says is ignorant and derogatory. Nothing new there.

Top Bottom